• SPECIAL NOTE :

My first successor on the Guru, with currently over 52,000 views it has surprised me that so many people got helped by this!

First of all I want too thank everyone that have tried my team-build.
    I really never expected any of this too become so popular and even helpful for so many people.
    It makes me proud too hear the stories of people that were able to get their VQ title done, have been able to clear really hard content like DoA and UW which they never thought to be possible, or even dealing with the strongest of the strongest.

Thank You!, I always knew it had the potential to become this, and luckly alot of you people agreed on that aswell!

Happy hunting, and enjoy the convenience and reliability of my team! :)

https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/Build:Team_-_7_Hero_Z-Way

2wgrhav.jpg

..:: Intro ::..

Hello everyone, i'v been thinking for quite a while to do this so im finally posting my creation in this section of guildwarslegacy.com

This team may not be as fast as some hero setups designed for specific zones, but can complete 90% of the game by shutting down enemys and controlling any fight which ensures always a win.
    A great resource to fill up alot of things in you're HoM, and being able to run (buildwise) anything you want too play yourself.

..:: Index ::..

1: Why?
    2: Build Breakdown.
    2.1 : Z-Way
    2.2 : Z-Merc
    2.3 : Dps/Healer Player Team
    3 : Player Healer Templates
    4 : Gear Breakdown.
    5 : Useage.
    6 : Verdict.

1 | ..:: Why? ::..

Q: Why should I run Z-Way?

A: Z-Way is mainly designed due too this games AI, and abusing the AI in the most beneficial way.
    These statements below from the Official GW Wiki states in short what heroes and capable of doing, and how they function.
    That information is the foundation this team is build on.

"Heroes can detect enemy skill activation, and will only use interrupts which are appropriate to the skill type. They have no reaction time; their interrupts are never late." - GWWiki.

"Heroes are like "toddlers": give them skills that are effectively impossible to use incorrectly, or skills that focus on a single target without conditional secondary effects. While they can "auto-pilot" their way through enemies with the correct skills, they do so less effectively than a human team might. When using heroes, calling targets and directing them will always increase their use." - GWWiki

This means that the skills on their bar are "toddler" skills, they cant go wrong, always will be used at full potentional, and they will never fail when used.
    I'v tested most of this myself too make sure not a single skill was mis-used or even not at all.

Q: Why did you chose to make a full Mesmer Team, there are also other teams that can do the trick?

A: My intention of making Z-Way was being able to draw and engage any fight which I would have control over any given situation, in any area where I would put my foot on, and especially prolonged battles like at Boss fights.
    As how the AI works, and how Hard Mode gives a huge disadvantage towards any form of damage that is elemental of physical, you will notice that all sources of damage will be armor ignoring. (Except Icy Veins)

That being said, Mesmer (Armor-Ignoring) AoE Damage is also just stupidly overpowered, just the sheer damage of these skills is what barely any other profession can upkeep at the many diffrent enemies you will face, only their health will determine how long they stay alive, it does not matter if their armor is 60 or 220.
    This also means this Team is designed to be as "User-Friendly" as possible, in the way of only having to do a single minor skill adjustment too suit your needs if necessary (see optionals below).

You notice that many of these skills towards any enemy require an Action; Spell Use, Skill Use, or Physical Attacks.
    Once an enemy engages combat they will stay in combat mode untill either you die or they die, its a permanent state of the AI being engaged in spellcasting or attacking.
    If the enemy AI is shut down so that they wont cast spells, or fail at doing so
    They will automaticly start attacking with their weapon, means the Ineptitude Mesmers take care of not only Melee, but also on Caster enemys.
    Mesmers quite frankly don't use their skills too Damage, no.
    Mesmers use their skills too interfere with Attacks, and Spellcasting, the side effect of their interrupts is the Damage, but never is their primairy intent of ''doing damage''.
    You will sometimes notices that things either explode right infront you're eyes, and sometimes (observed sometimes vs Melee) it will take a few seconds longer then expected.

Q: Why did you choose Elementist over Necromancers as optional Mesmers?

A: For my feeling, Ele's will conquer Necro's in situations where Soul Reaping cant keep up with the high energy demand those build take, they will simply run themselves out of energy by spamming Wastrel's Demise/Worry if there are not enough things dying.
    There are times that a necromancer isen't able too keep up its spell casting vs various waves of enemies (May it be Patrols, or actual Waves) due the fact it only can gain 48-54 energy from Soul Reaping every 15 seconds.
    It may seem much, but its only 4-5 spell-casts away from being in a Downtime before being able too regain energy from things dying.

My priority is to control any fight and being able to upkeep their own energy for that time being.
    The only sacrifice it made for the Elementist, is the Elite Skill, but honestly E-Surge and/or Panic just is a waste of elite when it can only run with 12 Domination Magic on Necromancers.

And with Ether Renewal it sacrifices the (Mesmer) Elite for something more useful.
    Very heavy spam skills like Wastrel's Demise/Worry, and a Hex Removal or Emphaty, without going out of energy, EVER.
    I'v been in plenty of situations that even normal Mesmers and Necromancers run dry on energy in very prolonged fights, while the Elementist was being able too upkeep 90 to 100% of its energy during the entire encounter.
    Necro's are good, just not in this setup as Damage, but only for Healing, period.

Q: So have you actually done any area's of what you claim it can do?

A: Yes, iv done every single dungeon on HM, Winds of Change, War in Kryta, FoW, DoA, UW, AFK Glints, AFK Mallyx, and even AFK'd my own Legendary Survivor title, all thanks to Z-Way.
    There are some screenshots throughout the thread of stuff accomplished, also the many positive reactions from people telling how they did things they weren't succesful in before!

Z-Way can take on ALL:

HM Dungeons
    HM 6-8 Party Vanquishing
    HM 6-8 Party Missions
    HM Fissure of Woe
    HM War in Kryta
    HM Winds of Change
    HM World Bosses
    HM Urgoz
    HM The Deep
    NM Domain of Anguish (HM needs cons & caution)
    NM Underworld (HM needs cons & caution)
    AFK Zos Shivros Channel (HM)
    AFK Glints Challenge (NM)
    AFK Mallyx Citadel (NM / Gem Farm)
    AFK Gate of Madness L-Survivor (HM) 100k Exp/Hour
    AFK Abbadons Gate L-Survivor (HM) 87k Exp/Hour - 2 Ineptitude, 1 ST, 1 IV

Without requiring consets, or minimal to none adjustments in setup.
    Conset just to speed things up by Spell Recharge/Casting, or Critical Immunity, but as said it can do without in any situation.
    (except UW HM and DoA HM)

You can AFK hard fights like Duncan, Rotwing, Fendi etc and observe how they do all the work, just for fun.

2 | ..:: Build Breakdown ::..

2.1 | ..:: Z-Way ::..

Requirement : PLAYER HEALER (Dervish, Monk, Ritualist, Necro, Elementist)

The build includes the following proffessions :
    1x Ritualist.
    1x Necromancer.
    2x Elementist.
    3x Mesmer.

Build Codes :
    ST <> OAWkIIDCITyD206FOhmWTkrzc5D
    Resto <> OAhiYwhMBAUVNMFNN5INxJOOBA
    ER 1 <> OgVCIMzTtY6lDuA3UAAAgWA
    ER 2 <> OgVCIMzStM95wFIDAAAQLA
    Inepti 1 <> OQREAXwTeG9CgAyBln1DkBs8ZHA
    Inepti 2 <> OQhkAgB8gGK0LACIJQeWPQGwy3FD
    Panic <> OQBDAowjO0gpXOAAY6yALfAA

Team Setup :
    u8uc5.jpg

Optional Skill slots :

Necro - Icy Veins, Reaper's Mark.
    Ether Renewal - Shatter Delusion, Emphaty, Shatter Hex, Unnatural Signet, Spirit Pain, Complicate.
    Panic - Power Spike, Spirit Pain, Flesh of My Flesh (2 Restoration), Enfeebling Blood (6 Curses), Fallback / Stand You're Ground / Never Give Up / Can't Touch This / Never Surrender (8 Command), Edge of Extinction (8 Beast Mastery).

(Atleast 1x Power Spike or Spirit Pain before taking one of the other Optional Skills : Flesh of my Flesh, Edge of Exctinction, ''Stand Your Ground!'', ''Fallback!'', ''Never Give Up!'', ''Can't Touch This!'', ''Never Surrender!'' @ Panic / Esurge

2.2 ..:: Z-Merc Edition ::..

NOTE : This is for Mercenary users ONLY !!

Requirement : PLAYER HEALER Dervish, Monk, Ritualist, Necro, Elementist)

The build includes the following proffessions :
    1x Ritualist
    1x Necromancer
    5x Mesmer

Build Codes :
    Inep1 <> OQREAXwTeG9CgAyBln1DkBs8ZHA
    Inep2 <> OQhkAgB8gGK0LACIJQeWPQGwy3FD
    Panic <> OQhkAgC8gGKDNY6lDAAmuMwyHAA
    ES 1 <> OQBDAowjOngpXOAAY6yALfAA
    ES 2 <> OQhkAgC8gGKzJY6lDAAmuMwy/iB

Merc Team Setup :
    2rdayjp.jpg

Optional Skill slots :

Esurge - Power Spike, Spirit Pain, Flesh of My Flesh (2 Restoration), Fallback / Stand You're Ground / Never Give Up / Can't Touch This / Never Surrender (8 Command), Edge of Extinction (8 Beast Mastery).
    Panic - Power Spike, Spirit Pain, Flesh of My Flesh (2 Restoration), Fallback / Stand You're Ground / Never Give Up / Can't Touch This / Never Surrender (8 Command), Edge of Extinction (8 Beast Mastery).

(Atleast 1x Power Spike or Spirit Pain before taking one of the other Optional Skills : Flesh of my Flesh, Edge of Exctinction, ''Stand Your Ground!'', ''Fallback!'', ''Never Give Up!'', ''Can't Touch This!'', ''Never Surrender!'' @ Panic / Esurge)

2.3 | ..:: Player DPS / HEALER Team Setup ::..

Requirement : PLAYER DPS or HEALER - Melee DPS "Save Yourselves!" - Ranged/Caster "Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom

Note : Viable too use as player DPS or Healer, the Infuse acts as a second (or third) healer/protector too make this team even more solid, and capable of handling extreme pressure

Note 2 : You can trade in 1 Ineptitude Mesmer for an additional Esurge Mesmer if preferred, especially when facing more Casters then Melee, and Vice Versa.

Build Codes :
    Infuse <> OgNDwcb/O1CSS9QLeXnJBEaB
    Inep1 <> OQREAXwTeG9CgAyBln1DkBs8ZHA
    Inep2 <> OQhkAgB8gGK0LACIJQeWPQGwy3FD
    Panic <> OQhkAgC8gGKDNY6lDAAmuMwyHAA
    OPTIONAL HERO <> See Templates Above.

DPS Player Setup (Heroes & Mercenaries Supported):
    35n92sg.jpg

Optional Skill slots :

Esurge - Power Spike, Spirit Pain. Flesh of My Flesh (2 Restoration), Fallback / Stand You're Ground / Never Give Up / Can't Touch This / Never Surrender(8 Command), Edge of Extinction (8 Beast Mastery).
    Panic - Power Spike, Spirit Pain. Flesh of My Flesh (2 Restoration), Fallback / Stand You're Ground / Never Give Up / Can't Touch This / Never Surrender(8 Command), Edge of Extinction (8 Beast Mastery).
    Ether Renewal - Shatter Delusion, Emphaty, Shatter Hex, Unnatural Signet, Spirit Pain, Complicate.

(Atleast 1x Power Spike or Spirit Pain before taking one of the other Optional Skills : Flesh of my Flesh, Edge of Exctinction, ''Stand Your Ground!'', ''Fallback!'', ''Never Give Up!'', ''Can't Touch This!'', ''Never Surrender!'' @ Panic / Esurge)

3 | ..:: Player Healer Template Codes ::..

If you have problems comming up with a decent build for player healing, then this might help you out on what too run.

Monk

16 Divine Favor (+3 Rune head)
    13 Healing Prayers (+1 Rune)
    (40/40 Divine + Heal set)

Template code : OwAS0YITMENgbEXEdRAAAAAA
    14ocd3l.jpg

Optional skills : Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom, Selfless Spirit, ''By Urals Hammer!'', Air of Superiority, Pain Inverter, Summon Ruby Djinn, Summon Naga, Summon Mursaat, Summon Ice Imp, ''I Am Unstoppable!'', Cure Hex, Seed of Life, Signet of Rejuvenation.

Dervish

16 Wind Prayers (+3 Rune head)
    13 Mysticism (+1 Rune)
    (10/10 Wand + 10/10 offhand - triggers global spells / wind prayers / mysticism)

Template code : OgCioys8sdnv537L+l+CAAAA
    2u9hguc.jpg

Optional skills : Optional skills : Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom, ''By Urals Hammer!'', Air of Superiority, Pain Inverter, Summon Ruby Djinn, ''I Am Unstoppable!'', Eternal Aura, Lyssa's Haste,

Ritualist

15 Restoration Magic (+2 Rune head)
    11 Spawning Power (+1 Rune)
    10 Channeling Magic (+2 Rune)
    (40/40 Resto Set, or 10/10 wand + 20/20 offhand)

Template code : OACjEyiIpOAAm5wcyJNBAAAAAA
    21d0kew.jpg

Optional skills : (Elite) Signet of Spirits, (Elite) Xinrae's Weapon, (Elite) Spirit Light Weapon, (Elite) Echo, (Elite) Expel Hexes, (Elite) Emphatic Removal, (Elite) Unyielding Aura, Vengeful Weapon, Spirit Transfer, Soothing Memories,, Recupperation, Recovery, Weapon of Warding, Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom, ''By Urals Hammer!'', Air of Superiority, Pain Inverter, Summon Ruby Djinn, ''I Am Unstoppable!''

Elementist / Monk

ATTENTION : replace Vigorous Spirit for the PvE Skill : Elemental Lord

16 Energy Storage (+3 Rune head)
    (Maintain Life Attunement, Aura of Restoration, Elemental Lord & Ether Renewal on yourself all the time)
    (+20% Ench Energy Storage Staff)

Template code : OgNDwcrPO1CaBJpeoF9H0DAA
    2m2we2s.jpg

Optional skills : Spirit Bond, Aegis, Heal Party, Cure Hex, Shield of Absorbtion, Life Bond, Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom, ''By Urals Hammer!'', Air of Superiority, Pain Inverter, Summon Ruby Djinn, ''I Am Unstoppable!''

Necromancer / Monk

16 Soul Reaping (+3 Rune head)
    (+20% Ench Prot Staff)

Template code : OANCY8zDAoqWP0i31ACAAAA
    fa53br.jpg

Optional skills : (Elite) Restore Conditions, (Elite) Life Sheath, (Elite) Reaper's Mark, (Elite) Unyielding Aura, (Elite) Air of Enchantments, (Elite) Aura of Faith, (Elite) Emphatic Removal, (Elite) Grenths Balance, (Elite) Divert Hexes, Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom, ''By Urals Hammer!'', Air of Superiority, Pain Inverter, Summon Ruby Djinn, ''I Am Unstoppable!''

Necro / Ritualist

16 Soul Reaping (+3 Rune head)
    (40/40 Restoration Set)

Template code : OAhiYwh8AAqqDzJn0EAAAAAA
    vik211.jpg

Optional skills : Xinrae's Weapon, (Elite) Spirit Light Weapon, (Elite) Icy Veins, (Elite) Reaper's Mark, (Elite) Grenths Balance, (Elite) Blood Ritual , (Elite) Spoil Victor, Spirit Transfer, Recovery, Recupperation, Vengeful Weapon, Soothing Memories, Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom, ''By Urals Hammer!'', Air of Superiority, Pain Inverter, Summon Ruby Djinn, ''I Am Unstoppable!''

>>>>> [font="Arial Black"]I'm not showing player dps builds that everyone is capable of making themselves.[/font] <<<<<

4 | ..:: Gear Breakdown ::..

Gear, its half the battle.
    However, they dont require alot of things to function good.
    Every hero has Runes and Insignia's placed on indentical places as the others.
    Here is how it looks like, from top to bottom.

~Armor~

Head: +3 Communing, +3 Domination, +3 Illusion, +3 Energy Storage, +2 Soul Reaping.
    Chest : Rune of Vitae, Blessed Insignia.
    Hands : Rune of Minor/Major/Sup Health, Blessed Insignia
    Legs : Rune of Attunement, Blessed Insignia
    Feet : Rune of Attunement, Blessed Insignia

NOTE : If NOT taking an E/Mo reguarly in this team, consider changing their Blessed Insignia's, for their Highest Armor Insignia linked too their Profession /Global.

~Weaponry~

(Note - by proffession)

ST : 20/20/20 +1/20% Spawning Power Staff <or> +5e +30hp Spear & 20%HCT +1 20% Spawning Power Offhand or +30hp +10AL vs xx Shield.

IV : 20/20/20 +1/20% Restoration Staff <or> +5e +30hp Spear & 20%HCT +1 20% Restoration Offhand or +30hp +10AL vs xx Shield.

ER1&2 : 20/20/20 +20% Enchanting Domination Staff <or> +5e +20% Ench Spear & 20% HCT +1 20% Domination Offhand or or +30hp +10AL vs xx Shield.

ES1/2/3 : 20/20/20 +1/20% Domination Staff <or> +5e +30hp Spear & 20%HCT +1 20% Domination Offhand or +30hp +10AL vs xx Shield.

Inep1/2 : 20/20/20 +1/20% Illusion Staff <or> +5e +30hp Spear & 20%HCT +1 20% Illusion Offhand or +30hp +10AL vs xx Shield.

Optionals Hero :

Emo 20/20/20 +20% Ench Protection Staff <or> +5e +20% Ench Spear & 20%HSR +1 20% Protection Offhand or +30hp +10AL vs xx Shield.

(Spear/Offhand/Shield = Required for The Deep, and optional for negiating Chaos Storm, Frustration, Backfire in regular area's).

These are the ideal weaponry and runes for you're heroes used for this team setup.
    However, if you are LOW on cash, just a +3 rune on the head, and a green staff takes care of normal mode and hard mode pretty easily.
    With the exception of hard area's, obviously due to lack of stats.

5 | ..:: Useage ::..

As you noticed, this team is full of low armor casters, with no minions, melee, or spirits to back you up, you will take the full force of you're enemies.
    This is a problem for alot of people, unless you do it right.
    A way to prevent your party from taking excessive amounts of damage you could place you're Hero's like this.

34zndih.png

The trick of staying alive well, is having your ST(1) and IV(2) stand across eachother with some distance in between (area/earshot), Having Hero 3 set on Fight will cause him to run in first if you Ctrl+Space an enemy making them ideal tank(s), and diverting dangerous spells that may leak through away from your party.
    Its also very recommended too Keybind the first 3 or 4 skills on the Ritualist Bar, so you're just one push of a button away from placing Spirits the moment you desire.

I have mine keybinded like this (config yourself for you're own convenience)
    Numpad 1 : Soul Twisting
    Numpad 2 : Shelter
    Numpad 3 : Displacement

6 | ..:: Verdict ::..

It has advanced uses for Perma Tanks that want to clear DoA, FoW, or Urgoz in a similar style like the Speedclearers do.
    It allows hero spiking when you need it, non scatter, and speeds up the process, make sure too Disable Healing Spells (Not Spirits / Protective Was Kaolai while ur Perma Tanking) so your healer wont run towards you're balled foes trying to heal you, and thus stealing aggro -ADVANCED USERS ONLY-

But best of all the team is very beginner friendly and will allow you right off the bat to do vanquishing and dungeons.
    This 8 man team is also is versatile enough to be able to split into two 4 man teams for certain missions or tactics (Thunderhead Keep, Four Horseman, Eternal Grove, etc..)

I hope you guys enjoy this team guide and helps you smoothen Hard Mode to EZ Mode.
    **This thread also serves as a place for discussion, and too share you're experience!**

~Zephyr

If you'll be content with putting water with wine, the glass will always be half full.

Edited once, last by Zephyr (May 19, 2016 at 1:09 PM).

• For 8th hero you take either:
    >>> ER 1 <> OgVCIMzTtY6lDuA3UAAAgWA (only 3 mesmer heroes needed)
    >>> ES 1 <> OQBDAowjOngpXOAAY6yALfAA (4 mesmer heroes needed)
    Depending on if you have a mercenary pack (and therefore the fourth mesmer), or not ;)

This teambuild has become my favourite go-to teambuild for soloing stuff.

Atm Im finishing my GWAMM title on Sin with this A/Mo WoH build:
    OwND0sPPTNgaEbECETf3E3i4iA
    Switch out Standard of Courage for whatever skill is better suited to zone.
    Equipment is, of course, high energy set.

I have to say, Im pleasantly surprised at how "well" my sin can heal with it. Considering sins arent really meant to be healers ;)
    Its something other than the same old daggerspam or tankbuilds Ive been using, so I thought Id post it here for other sins getting bored and wanting to try out something different.
    You probably wont be able to finish UW HM with it, but its enough for the more difficult VQ, like Hidden City.

• I have been using it as well and it works quite well, though I have made some small edits to make it suit my playstyle.
    The mesmers really do a good job, but I prefer having a UA-monk in there as well, so that the moment someone goes down they can get up instantly.

Just a little preference of mine, but this build really works well.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Having played my A/Mo build now a bit made me want to play healer ;)

Which one do you think is the most suited healer for this teambuild? Personally I tend towards Necro, mostly because I can run it as N/Mo or N/Rt.
    Or is Monk with Divine Favor so much stronger?

• If you want UA, this might be an option: OANDYcz/QMEVVJgNgbE3NbaTfA. I use this when I want to play with Arcane Mimicry on my Monk character. Monk heroes just have poor energy management compared to Necromancers. Probably not the best build or w/e, but it just works for me :)

~Em

• What's bothering me is that you're calling a meta team that everybody knows with your own name as if you invented it, while it's just... standard meta.
    I'll write more feedbacks to complete my post later on though.

• Yoo, i've been trying to use this build on my dervish, and im running the skills you suggested. The problem im facing is that mystic healing seems like a wasted skill. Since all of the mesmer dont have an enchantment on them they will not recieve healing from mystic healing. And the mesmer seem to be the ones who get focussed most of the time. Sp what is the purpose of mystic healing? or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

• I have been using some aspects of this hero team for some time now and I just wanted to say thank you very much for putting all this info out there. the "WHY" behind the build is extremely helpful. I run a E/mo and use 3 mesmers(2 inep, 1 Panic, and 1 esurge), 1n/rt (icy veins and sig) , 1 n/mo(MM and prot spells) 1 rit ST, and 1 ele/mes(ether and empathy/rupt skills). This team drops stuff in HM no problem and a ton of backline healing, my fav thing is that boss casters cannot get a skill off. I run the E/mo as a dmg/Infuse or I will switch it up and run ele/rit and run SOS with a few pve skills. I am 70% of the way to maxing survivor and this is the only team I trust to keep me safe for VQ and HM Missions.

Thanks again for all the info!

• Minions from your MM trigger your ST rits spirits, so draining them pretty quickly. Its better not to use minions with an ST rit. If you run E/Mo, have an ST and N/Rt with heals you dont need an MM+prot nec. You can just add in any dmg dealer you like.

~Em

• Set Z-Way up last night, did a VQ with it! Seemed to be alot faster than Discordway that I was running previously. I was playing UA Monk, had a few deaths but that was down to slow reactions and not getting the ST spirits up prior to engaging. I'm looking forward to seeing this perform in some elite areas!

Always blame the Monk.

• Their energy doesn't run out because they have Ether Renewal. Note they don't have things like Power Drain or Leech Signet like the Mesmers and that they're running Wastrels Worry/Demise. You might be able to fuel the Eles in the same way but that would presumably cost more skill slots than it'd be worth - perhaps sacrificing the elite slot is better than speccing Inspiration and using another 1-2 skill slots. There's also the issue of having so many interrupts that your team won't get a chance to use them for energy management, though I don't know at what point that actually occurs. For a lot of fights you probably could get away with not having ER or speccing Inspiration but then you'd have to wait for them to recover 50+ energy after each fight, which would be awful. Regardless, one of the goals of the build was to ensure the team never ever runs out of energy regardless of the situation (which is not necessarily something you should strive for, but is good for people who have no clue what they're doing) so if spending the elite slot on ER is overkill then so be it. If you want to have a free elite you could run a Necro primary instead, relying on Soul Reaping + Signet of Lost Souls for energy. There are certainly people who prefer it this way.

• I have been modifying my Z-Way team as I go and seem some serious improvements. I run E/Rit SOS with assassin support.
    *Note- Runes/Insignias/Weapons Sets make a huge difference for the effectiveness of Hero Teams.

N/Rt Olias (Flesh Golum/Death Nova/ 5 Resto Skills(life)
    N/Rt Master of Whispers (Discord/MM and 5 Resto Skills(recovery)
    N/Mo Livia (Half MM/ Half Protection Skills, Prot Spirit/Spirit Bond/Aegis/Shield of Absorption)

Mes/Rt Gwen (Inep Elite)
    Mes/P Mercenary (Fall back speed buff) (Esurge Elite)
    Mes/N Norgu (weakness condition spreading)
    Ele/Mes Acoloyte Sousake (ER elite with empathy and other anti melee skills)

The one slot I change alot is the Ele/mes. Based on the area or mission I will bring different skills or change to a different hero all together. This team composition seems to be working really well in VQ/ HM missions/ Dungeons/ and pretty much anything you put it up against. One thing I still have trouble with is the heroes balling up and getting spiked by HM boss NPCs.

Anyone have a good solution to get them to stay spread out?

• Anyone tested with an Imbagon in the first slot rather than a healer of some sort? I don't really have a healer at my disposal but was interested in running the main build with my Imbagon.

I figured with SY/TNtF the build should work okay, but I wasn't sure.

• Anyone tested with an Imbagon in the first slot rather than a healer of some sort? I don't really have a healer at my disposal but was interested in running the main build with my Imbagon.

I figured with SY/TNtF the build should work okay, but I wasn't sure.

I used the following imbagon build to get the "expert" reward from Dzagonur Bastion tonight:

[build=OQGjUimKKTVY9YpbXFxgAh1YubA]

I tend to die before my heroes even get close to death, but that's more due to my play style than anything else :D

Download the Gw.dat file quickly - right click -> Save As ... HERE!

My main's achievement tracking on GWW: Rickalis Tu Rivers

Edited once, last by mauirixxx (May 15, 2017 at 3:27 PM).

• Little note they are eles with like +70 mana. What i been useing E/Mes with esurge they dont even use half mana before foes are dead.

u clearly dont put them in an area with much strain then, 70+ mana is easily countered with a a mob with deb shot or multiple mesmers with caster shutdown, this can happen frequently in end game, ether renewal is a counter to this, providing it doesnt get stripped you can pretty much get all of the mana back from using 5e skills therefore if it hits the fan you wont end up with hardly any damage

“They make it look so easy, connecting with another human being, it’s like no one told them it’s the hardest thing in the world.” -Dexter

• I've been using this setup for a few things and I find it struggling quite a lot even with normal mode things. I have them fully runed, sup vigs and all that. Where's the hex removal? It's obvious this build relies on interrupts to prevent getting hexed but what about when you get one? I don't find there to be enough heals. I'm using the IV necro, ST rit, ER ele, 2 inept, 1 panic, and 1 esurge. I can run ER on my ele but I shouldn't have to since this is the dps player setup? What's going wrong here? I expected this build to be much more survivable on at least normal mode.

• Official Post

No idea what's wrong, but I cleared NF vanquishes with this setup without whiping. Don't know where it goes wrong with you. I like to add Shater Hex on the E-surge and Panic heroes for hex removal. For the heal part it helps to have your ST pre-cast it's spirits before engaging mobs.

• I've been using this setup for a few things and I find it struggling quite a lot even with normal mode things. I have them fully runed, sup vigs and all that. Where's the hex removal? It's obvious this build relies on interrupts to prevent getting hexed but what about when you get one? I don't find there to be enough heals. I'm using the IV necro, ST rit, ER ele, 2 inept, 1 panic, and 1 esurge. I can run ER on my ele but I shouldn't have to since this is the dps player setup? What's going wrong here? I expected this build to be much more survivable on at least normal mode.

what profession / build are you running personally?

Maybe, you are trying to do some very AoE intense areas. If so, hero positioning can turn the tide in 90% of the cases. Scatter them, and prevent them from wiping. Also, try changing one of your ineptitude Mesmers to a N/rt who is a mm/resto.

• I'm running this at the moment to vanquish NF. Not really having any issues, small groups you just steam through and for the larger or more challenging groups I just make sure I position heroes as shown in the guide and make sure I precast the prot spirits.
    FYI I'm playing as UA Monk.

Always blame the Monk.

I too run the player DPS version of z-way, on both a Warrior and Paragon, and the only place I've ran into problems with hexes is in DoA - anywhere else it hasn't been a problem, and even in DoA it's only a problem for my Paragon, since he does fuck all for actual DPS, and Vocal Minority is a bitch skill to use against him haha

I literally just did a full Hero's Handbook [Hard Mode] on my Paragon over the past 3 days, and the *only* place I had a complete party wipe was due to over aggro of damn near 20 Wind Riders on the way to starting The Elusive Golemancer mission.

And that was more due to my play style - I'm more "Kilroy Stonekin" then anything else. Micromanaging hero's and spirits? pfft too much work :D

• Completed my VQ of Elona with Z-Way last weekend, breezed through. I'd read that Joko's Domain was a tough area, with nasty bosses and a high overall kill count to achieve. Completed the area in under 2 hours (including scraping for Cartographer) with no wipes and only a handful of hero deaths. I did use cons to speed things up and power through the bosses though. This team doesn't appear to struggle with much! An excellent build.
    This also popped my Legendary Vanquisher title too! 17/30 for GWAMM now. Cartographer next I think.
    On a side note I had been playing around with running E-Surge on one of the E/Me, as noted previously they eat up their energy without Ether Renewal and so I've swapped back as I didn't really notice much of a rise in overall DPS either.

Always blame the Monk.

• Great to read that people are still working out with Z-Way for their daily routines in GW.
    I'd like to make mention of, well not my comeback really, but more of a sign that i haven't entirely left GW to the past.

GW will always remain a special place within me and thus I cannot part with it entirely.
    If there are still suggestions for Z-Way or related questions feel free to leave them under this post for as I will be more involved around community projects here on Legacy.

Peace

Zeph

If you'll be content with putting water with wine, the glass will always be half full.

Hello Janthir,

Its spot on that there is no hex removal simply because 95% of the hexes arent really life threatening.
    The only hexes that would really comprise the teams safety are :
    Panic (biggest killer, However unflagged hits your entire team so even 3 hex removals wont suffice, Just sit it out or its immediate death really)

Visions of Regret, could hurt decently.

Backfire, which is kind of neglectable.

Mistrust, which is almost impossible to remove because they will cast though it if they want to interrupt something at nearly the speed of light.

Panic is the only real threat that could whipe this team, but generally any caster based team would suffer tremendously from it.

Edited once, last by Zephyr (September 30, 2017 at 11:33 AM).

• I personally endorse Zway as it has allowed me to solo with my heroes the most difficult parts of the game. The only changes I made are; to add a UA monk which was a variant anyway, and to exchange the necro/rit healer's elite with blood is power for additional energy management which has allowed me to bring more damage skills on the mesmers. Both of these changes were made for additional safety for myself in DoA where if you wipe it's game over. Oh also hex eater signet is an easy option for hex removal when heroes are flagged back. Praise Zway and thank you for making Guild Wars 1 fun for me again by allowing me to dominate pve lol. Used the Z-DPS Way as Imbagon with Hexbreaker Aria.
    guildwarslegacy.com/attachment/33/

• Zephyr,

I'd like to apologize for sounding so abrasive in my original post. If you can't tell, I took quite the break from GW for the umpteenth time, but I've considered trying this build again, and I must say.. out of the over 150 months I've owned my account, using this setup is almost as exciting to me as getting my first ever celestial mini drop from lunar fortunes. Im using a slightly different version that has two ER eles, that also have mesmer skills- bringing my mesmer count to 5. It's just as fun watching enemies not being able to use any skill as actually killing them. I'm not much of an elite area type player, so my experiences reside completely with missions and explorable areas. You've done an excellent job with this build.

Edited once, last by Janthir (January 5, 2018 at 3:33 AM).

• Also: was this setup made with the expectation that cons would be used? I have enough ectos saved up to buy 2 stacks of sets, but don't really want to if it isn't going to change much. I struggled pretty badly on gate of pain hm with the heroes earlier, turns out learning how to pull after Leeroying a gigantic mob 3 times in a row is a good thing.

• Also: was this setup made with the expectation that cons would be used? I have enough ectos saved up to buy 2 stacks of sets, but don't really want to if it isn't going to change much. I struggled pretty badly on gate of pain hm with the heroes earlier, turns out learning how to pull after Leeroying a gigantic mob 3 times in a row is a good thing.

7 months later .... I don't think this build is built around using consets, as I personally rarely use them (I sure do like to hoard them though, go figure), but I've never felt the need to bust out a set when running the dps z-way builds.

• Thanks for helping me get GWAMM on monk by creating this! Healed my way from 0-30 using only Z-way. Tried a lot of teambuilds, but I couldn’t find any other that would let me do it with such ease.

EDIT: Used merc variant, played as UA monk

Edited once, last by idjut (July 17, 2018 at 9:59 PM).

• Acts as a little Energy boost in boss fights or heavy pressure.

You can always changed it for Enfeebling Blood (6 cursus) or Edge of Extinction (8bm), flesh of my flesh, or as you said even Union.

The Builds posted are from 2014 if i recall correctly and havent been optimized eversince, and skills are subject to be swapped for your own convenience.