• I know that 99% of people playing now are mostly doing SC but I am still going through campaigns, vq etc. I am a bit at loss with a necromancer. I tried many different builds and except Icy Veins one there is almost nothing particularly good out there I could create myself. I tried SS or Life Transfer as well. But they seem to be under-performing in comparison with what is available for other professions. Is this a general problem with necromancers or it is just me (this most probably). Does anyone have any in his opinion working build for a pve necro which is not Icy Veins one (got bored playing one build)?

• I like to play necro, yet have never even looked at the pv-whatever builds that are out there---so what I use is pretty unconventional
    I have an ss or 2 when I play curses, for blood I like ravenous gaze with the sunspear skill necrosis (and a few others like life siphon). Never played with icy veins.

:mouse:where is the 'all you can eat' cookie bar? :cookie:

• Icy Veins is usually the offensive support for necromancer heroes sporting the Restoration skilltree primairly as healer for a group of people.

Its rarely seen in other occasions.
    However being a player necromancer there is one Build where you can sport Icy Veins, alongside the Deathmagic tree.

Here is a Build that i sucked right out of my thumb which ''should'' work just fine.
    Big plus that it really resembles the old Diablo2 bone necromancer.

15 Deathmagic (+2 DM Helm)
    14 Soulreaping (+2 body)

Skills :

Icy Veins
    Putrid Bile
    Rising Bile
    Necrosis
    Putrid Explosion
    Masochism
    -Optional
    -Optional

-

Maintain Masochism, press 1-2-3 on target, spam necrosis till target dies, spam Putrid Explosion till everything, well, explodes.

Optionals could be a Minion, res, or PvE skills of choice.

Ugh.. A Build with NO Icy Veins... Just readin that now.

Been a while that i'v been around haha.
    Real life is treating me well, this wont be the last you're heard of me folks :)

If you'll be content with putting water with wine, the glass will always be half full.

Edited once, last by Zephyr (September 7, 2017 at 6:56 PM).

• This is the build i play with my necromancer atm

- Putrib Bile
    - Icy Veins
    - Necrosis
    - Finish him
    - Putrid explosion
    - Pain inverter
    - Signet Of lost Souls
    - Masochism
    12 / 12 Death / SR + runes as you want

I change PI depending on situations you can use :
    EVAS if you want more damage for your target to die, Snipper can be very cool too :D
    YmlaD if you need to KD / Cripple / interrupt something
    Ebon battle standard of Honor / Wisdom are very good with a caster hero team
    But most of time a prefer PI, if you use it correctly (on a good target) it's one of the best skill ever ! :D

And you can also change SoLS, if you don't need that much energy.
    I don't like others SR / Deaths skill so i go 11+11 attribute, and then you can put 8 in whatever you want for a secondary profession skill
    I like to use Fall Back, i also have it on 2 heros, so i can perma FB ! :)
    Rez can be very usefull sometimes (can stay 12/12 then)
    Many other stuff depending on the mission / VQ / elite zone you are doing...

Depending on the zone, i can assassin promise instead of icy veins (more single target, or really easy zone).

I also use a curse build sometimes :

- defile enchantment
    - desacreate enchantment
    - arcane echo
    - spitefull spirit
    - necrosis
    - Pain Inverter
    - Air of superiority
    - awaken the blood
    12+12 curses/SR + runes

PI just like the previous build. You can use what you want.
    Same for AoS, you can use anything else.
    If the mobs die too fast (because of your heroes) and SS don't trigger, i use Feast of corrumption. (for NM content, and easy HM)
    You can change arcane echo for anything, you may want to use fall back or rez.
    40/40 curses is very good here ! :D

And finally i also tried this :

- Mark of Pain
    - Assassin promise
    - EVAS
    - necrosis
    - Finish him
    - Weaken armor
    - Barbs
    - awaken the blood

i play 11/10/10 curse/SR/letal
    Then i add a dervish hero in my team and i pop a legio :)
    It's cool but everything have to be balled, so depends on the area, and have to manage a bit my dervish hero.

Edited once, last by Kezia (September 11, 2017 at 11:37 AM).