GW2 PoF Community meetup

• Hello everybody,

I have already announced that I will be attending the Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire meetup in Cologne next week, but ofcourse we're going to be doing a few special things :)

One of those things is that we are going to hand over a little gift which will be signed by all of our members - and you guys now get the opportunity to write a bit of (positive ;) ) text which we will put on the gift and hand over.

So, let yourselves go and let's prove that the GW1 community is still very much alive!

- Kev

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• This game has become part of our lives. We were all much younger when we discovered Guildwars, and we have all been on our respective life journeys over the last decade with this amazing game as our constant companion.

Friends came and went. Marriages began and ended. Families started, family members pass away. Houses bought and sold, jobs gained and lost. Weight gained and lost. Dreams accomplished, new ones targeted. Wars won and lost. Exams passed and failed, studies begun and ended. Babies became teenagers, teenagers became adults, grandparents became older. Decisions made for better or worse. Governments came and went, the world is a different place since the Beta.

But throughout it all Guildwars was ever present. Our constant in a world of change.

I know people who owe their lives to the community as when all seemed lost this game was there to help and support, the community's love pulling them through the worst of times. I know people who met their soulmate in this game. I know adults playing today who were 10 years old when they first started playing.

This amazing game transcends all conflicts and wars. It transcends all of us. Religion or race play no part here. It doesn't matter what you believe, who you love, where you live, what you eat, or don't.... it is bigger than all of these things. I wonder if the developers had any idea what they were creating when they were making this world.... they should be hugely proud of what they created. It is unique in this universe, a truly amazing game that was years ahead of its time and even today has unmatched combat mechanics and graphics that have aged better than any other. This is their masterpiece. Their opus magnae. Their Cistine Chapel.

It is not just a game, it is a part of our lives. And long may it continue.

Max

• bsoltan April 15, 2021 at 7:11 PM

Closed the thread.