Best all around hero builds for 1 player + 4 heroes?

• Wasn't sure whether to put this thread here, in general discussion, or builds area, so yeah... I'm sorry if it's in the wrong area.

I'm a necro player running this AP build: OAdTYwj6ZaBymcXMm8TYMwSQREA

I'm going to be playing through some end missions in Prophecies, some EOTN, and War in Kryta (normal mode) with just me and 4 heroes (for fun).

What do you think would be the strongest possible builds for these 4 heroes? I have access to all skills and items.

I was thinking I should modify an existing 8 hero team build, but I wasn't sure which would be the best heroes to take from, say, discordway or "player support."

If there's a better build that I could use as a necro, to further enhance the effectiveness of the 4 hero builds, I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks for your help!

IGN: I Shall Defend

Vwa1T3I.png

• Why are you running Weaken Armor and Parasitic Bond on an AP bar? Why are you running Parasitic Bond at all? I'm also concerned about how much you're going to get out of MoP with a reduced team size. If you're in an area where the mobs are of a decent size and ball well it'll likely work well enough with just the assassin, but I'm not convinced on mainbarring it.

Anyway, I think the best way to go about this is to start with a four person team and then figure out what's best to add. You could try cutting someone from a six person team too but they're typically already annoying hybrid setups so I don't think that'd work as well. Jeydra swore by SoS Rit + heals, SoGM Rit + Fall Back, and Minion Bomber + prots to go with an AP caller. Adding a mesmer to that is the obvious and almost certainly right thing to do. I'm sure many people would prefer two mesmers, dropping the SoGM Rit to accommodate.

d78dd1d.jpg

• Why are you running Weaken Armor and Parasitic Bond on an AP bar? Why are you running Parasitic Bond at all? I'm also concerned about how much you're going to get out of MoP with a reduced team size. If you're in an area where the mobs are of a decent size and ball well it'll likely work well enough with just the assassin, but I'm not convinced on mainbarring it.

Anyway, I think the best way to go about this is to start with a four person team and then figure out what's best to add. You could try cutting someone from a six person team too but they're typically already annoying hybrid setups so I don't think that'd work as well. Jeydra swore by SoS Rit + heals, SoGM Rit + Fall Back, and Minion Bomber + prots to go with an AP caller. Adding a mesmer to that is the obvious and almost certainly right thing to do. I'm sure many people would prefer two mesmers, dropping the SoGM Rit to accommodate.

I had originally optimized my AP build for use with discordway, which is why I added the additional condition/hex skills. I'm going to see what I could put there instead. Any recommendations?

Vwa1T3I.png

• Might want to try mesmers.

Code
    pwnd0001?download pawned2 @ memorial.redeemer.biz | Copyright 2008-2018 Redeemer>aOAdTYwC7VaBSBcX0mMmcL8o6LAAAAACEIAASaXNoYWxsZGVmZW5kCgcOAlkUwG4RZmUMjCIegdwWYC4OWNGAAAACEIAAKSGVybyAxCgZOQREAcIjU88DQ+ctewUlnWFQDAAAABgAAKSGVybyAyCgZOQREAcIiU88DQ+ctdwUlnWFQDAAAABgAAKSGVybyAzCgZOAhjQoGYIP3hhWyVaO5EeDzxJAAAACYQAAKSGVybyA0Cg<

Code
    pwnd0001?download pawned2 @ memorial.redeemer.biz | Copyright 2008-2018 Redeemer>aOAdTYwC7VaBSBcX0mMmcL8o6LAAAAACEIAASaXNoYWxsZGVmZW5kCgYOQBDArwjNnAcqpb6lDyAEBUAAAAACYiAAKSGVybyAxCgXOQBDArwjJngGY6TfOkBEBKAAAAACYiAAKSGVybyAyCgXOQBDArwjJngGY6DxFkBEBKAAAAACYiAAKSGVybyAzCgbOAhkYgEaIfIzdwOkclmTOh3wccCAAAACYQAAKSGVybyA0Cg<

Code
    pwnd0001?download pawned2 @ memorial.redeemer.biz | Copyright 2008-2018 Redeemer
    >aOAdTYwC7VaBSBcX0mMmcL8o6LAAAAACEIAASaXNoYWxsZGVmZW5kCgbOQhkAsC8gFKzJQDY6me5gMw
    IM5CAAAACYiAAKSGVybyAxCgcOQhkAoB7gGGULzKACYeWPVGwozFDAAAACcBAAKSGVybyAyCgZOQBDAb
    wjRvAIg5ZFgkAZAEBcQAAAACcCAAKSGVybyAzCgbOAhkYgEaIfIzdwOUVlmTOh3wccCAAAACYQAAKSGV
    ybyA0Cg<

I left guildwarslegacy; won't react to private messages or comments in my threads. If need be, try to contact me ingame.

• Thank you! Those builds look awesome!

Of those three teams, which one would you say is the best?

Vwa1T3I.png

• No clue. I never played an assassin's promise caller myself and I never played a team of 5. The first team is a shrunk down teambuild for 8, the mesmer teams were for 4 man areas, just changed the player build and added a BiP heal. Your endeavour is quite unlike what people usually do – unless they carry an alt with them. But those people usually use consets anyway so the builds don't matter anymore.

You'll have to test builds and see what works well and what not, I doubt anyone here can provide you with more than quick theory crafting.

I left guildwarslegacy; won't react to private messages or comments in my threads. If need be, try to contact me ingame.

• No clue. I never played an assassin's promise caller myself and I never played a team of 5. The first team is a shrunk down teambuild for 8, the mesmer teams were for 4 man areas, just changed the player build and added a BiP heal. Your endeavour is quite unlike what people usually do – unless they carry an alt with them. But those people usually use consets anyway so the builds don't matter anymore.

You'll have to test builds and see what works well and what not, I doubt anyone here can provide you with more than quick theory crafting.

Sorry to bother you again, but just one last question.

What weapons would you recommend for the heroes in the first team build?

Vwa1T3I.png

• Player:

• 4 Tormentor's insignia, 1 bloodstained
    • +1+3 death magic, +1 soul reaping
    • +50hp, 2x +10hp
    • 20/20/20 staff death magic for the lazy

Discord hero:

• 5 Tormentor's insignia
    • +1+3 death magic, +1 soul reaping
    • +50hp, 2x +10hp
    • 40/40 death magic

Mesmer heroes:

• 5 Artificer's insignia
    • +1+3 fast cast
    • +50hp, 3x +10hp
    • 40/20/20 staff death magic

BiP hero:

• 5 Tormentor's insignia
    • +1+2 blood magic, +2 soul reaping
    • +50hp, 2x +10hp
    • 40/20/20 staff restoration magic

If you know some german, check this: http://archiv.wartower.de/forum/showthread.php?t=1167099