Possible OS shield combinations

• Hi I tried hand at excel first time so I made quick list of possible shield mod combinations :shy: Im not 100% sure I got all possible shield mods but I calculated with simple math which might be horribly wrong:D that theres 45204 possible max damage shield combos that drop today. I put screencapture of my messy excel I doubt no one can make sense of8o

There are probably mistakes so correct me and I fix :)

Edit 24.4 added +56hex mod

Edited 3 times, last by anders: added +56hex mod possibilti (April 24, 2018 at 6:10 PM).

• Condition mods cant be nonmax so that 19% condition mod is false.

also missing vs 9-10ar vs Orges

The requirement is imo not worthy "mod combination" so i would remove that imo since its not rly mod, otherwise you could add diff armors too..

Im not rly sure which combos u count as possible tho, which are primary and which secondary and which both. ? since like Health mods you cant have many in same shields but some secondary mods (1/20 + dmg reduction example, or 1/20 + armor) you can have in same shield, but example two dmg reductions in one shield isnt possible Edit ah ya now got it for this part

We did these similar calculations for shields and offhands awhile back, also difference between tyria/cantha since some creature mods drop both, some only either,

Offhands have even more possible mod combinations then shields, therefor are even rare with good matching mods.

Edited 5 times, last by Pleikki (April 18, 2018 at 2:33 PM).

• Excel is my 2nd language (maybe even first hehe), so this makes complete sense to me. I don't see any mods immediately that is missing and the calculations done to avoid duplicating combos looks good.

One thing to note, I am assuming your intent is to show the number of Dual mod possibilities. With the data you already have, you could also determine the number of different single modded shields that would drop that would give you a grand total of OS shield possibilities. Not that you have to do that, just a spin off idea if you were interested.

Great job!!

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Agent Chevy, adding single mod possibilities wouldn't take long, I might do that.

I was wondering if people have gathered any data on dual mod possiblity? Coz I have only data for around 200 shields of which only18% were dual mods.

Second question for community: my friends telling me that they havent seen 20% dazed condition drop, if its not possible I will fix calculation. Also I got a +56hex shield so those can drop too. Gonna fix both once I get feedback on 20% dazed mod thing

• Dazed condition is a possible drop, here is one from my collection

Dazed_Shield_Example.jpg

As far as dual mod drop rate, here is some data from some of the things that I track specifically from chest drops:

Out of 1073 OS chests (combo of NM and HM), 48 items (wands, focus, shields) were dual modded (4.47%)

8 were dual modded shields (purple or gold) (0.74%)

3 were dual modded gold shields (0.28%)

Total of 45 shields from the 1073 chests, 8/45 dual mod (17.78%).

Chevy

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

Edited once, last by Agent Chevy (April 23, 2018 at 8:33 PM).