Arm Challenge #1: Best Screenshots (NEW Price pot: 40a!)

• I'll try to be on daily at 8pm - 9pm UTC.

The UTC time can be seen easily at top of the wiki page.

If this time is impossible for you, please tell me 4-5 hours in advance of a better time.

If possible, state the time in UTC as well :)

2a waiting to be delivered:

2a: marine4life

On Saturday 16 June at exactly 8pm UTC, I will /roll for the remaining 15a. I will post the roll list ~24h before that. Anyone who wish can join my party which will form at 7.45pm. Self-invite, limited to the first 7 that sends a request! (Priority to people on the win list)

Date: Saturday, 16 Juny

Time: 7.45pm UTC

Map: Great Temple of Balthazar

District: International

IGN: Kaeden Kinspirit

Any winners in the party will get their arms right away.

I will also announce winners here and wait in GToB Int1 until 8.15pm UTC.

If you win and can't make it, we'll try find a time that works later.

Anyone is allowed to come, not just the potential winners!

There might even be festivities in the district (if I can arrange it*).

Welcome!

Edited 3 times, last by Lexx ().

• Or you could name the contest appropriately. People that didn't even go out and spend time to take a screenshot worth mentioning have and will win more than those that did. "Can't make everyone happy" might make you feel better. But the contest is bogus, and a waste of time.

You didn't address anything, and it might as well have been a "lottery".

Edit: I forgot to add emoticons to this post ||<X:love:.

• Or you could name the contest appropriately. People that didn't even go out and spend time to take a screenshot worth mentioning have and will win more than those that did. "Can't make everyone happy" might make you feel better. But the contest is bogus, and a waste of time.

I also hate it when someone is giving away their money. And the fact that everyone must participate.

• Well, there is the 15 additional arms that will go to the best screenshots I find worthy. Enough sum I'd say for qualify it being a contest. But that's something you neglected to comment on. Perhaps the 15a is just not worth your time. Your words are like daggers.. oh wait ^^

Edit:

I plan another event soon, on June 16th most likely, where I will give away 1000+ ectos in a scavenger hunt. You're welcome to join that, I promise I won't name it a "contest" to make you upset again. But I do suggest you check the rules once i announce it. For your own sake, it's better you complain early on so we can accomodate your needs. Or simply don't participate if it's not to your liking.

Edited 2 times, last by Lexx ().

• You haven't upset me at all. I really don't care about the prizes. I have played the game for 8k hours and have everything I would ever want. What i was interested in was screenshots and people actually taking the time to go out and explore for them. This contest turned into a gamble of numbers. I just see no point in submitting anything when it all came down to luck; and scraps for people who actually took the time to provide content. The title of the post was "Best Screenshots" and it can be implied that would be the source of prizes. ohwait?

My username comes from the book Hamlet, "Your words are like daggers". I'm not trying to attack or insult you. I'm pointing out that the subject of this "contest" wasn't and isn't what was inferred. I read the rules and given material. Oh well. Have fun on your ventures. No sarcastic emoticons needed.

• I also hate it when someone is giving away their money. And the fact that everyone must participate.

That's cool I guess, you could try adding something to discussions in threads instead of parading around being a sarcastic poop-head. I deleted my post and explained why I did so. Lex was looking for feedback. Woe is me? :SX/<X

• ... and scraps for people who actually took the time to provide content.

That scraps you mention is three times more than I ever owned before I got a considerable amount of arms which I decided to try share back to the community. Sure, I could have titled it better. I did state it was my first contest. You knew from the start what you were getting yourself in to. I did consider feedback from the very start, so why did you join and then wait 2 weeks to complain about the title and the rules. Wouldn't it have been nicer for all if you just wrote a friendly feedback two weeks ago? I would surely consider it.

But yes, for some people 15 arms is scraps. But like I mentioned, you're welcome to join for some scraps of 1000+ ectos around 16 June. I'm thinking somewhere in the range of 1000-2500 depending on the turnout.

• On Saturday 16 June at exactly 8pm UTC, I will /roll for the remaining 15a. I

I'm not sure I follow. Are you no longer giving out prizes for the screenshots?

"...one thing I have learned—life is too damn short not to have a cookie when you want one." - Ray Stevenson.

• It's right there in the rules:

I will decide on the ~10-15 best screenshots I can find (since I couldn't find any Legacy staff to help). This will form a second list which I will /roll on. It's completely independent on the first /roll, and it's there to give those that took an extra effort for great screenshots to earn a bit extra arms. I hope that helps clarify things.

• The contest was to get people to show off the new graphics options. If he had made the contest 'i'll pick my favourite' people would've been upset too because its totally subjective which one is best. He gave a pretty good middle ground imo and was doing like 25 random , 15 to his favourites.

Not sure why you're so upset, well, thats not true. I do know why you're upset. You're upset because you didn't win.

• Everyone from the first round should now have received their arms, congratulations on the first "Thanks for playing" lottery ^^

Initially I planned to roll on June 16, this might be delayed a bit. This is to give Legacy staff a chance to pick their favorites. I will regulary post elemination rounds, showing which ones that made it so far.

Each round I'll remove about 10-15 more, until 15-20 remains. Next round in a few days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Elimination Round #1 - 52 screenshots remains

If your screenshot didn't make the first cut, I'm sorry. But we need to make the word "Contest" mean something :S

round1c.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Elimination Round #2 - TBA - ~35 to 40 screenshots

Edited once, last by Lexx ().