• You know me. I hate your inscribable bull$hit. Your unique green horsecrap is second on my list of your stuff that I can't stand. You and your children's toys are a disgrace to the game. You should be food for an Iboga. Seriously, what are you doing with your life?

Having said that, I logged into a second warrior that I hatched to play through some content with Lady Kromp. I decided to play her au naturale (I mean the warrior, not Lady Kromp, although I do also play Lady Kromp au naturale If youknow whatI'm saying). This character wouldn't have access to any of my previously accumulated items or funds and would have to work with what she got in drops and what she could buy with whatever gold she could scrounge. It's been a while since Lady Kromp and I have played, so when I logged into this character, I was surprised to see that she was using what looked like a Summit Warlord Shield. Had I broken down and given her an item from my vault? Did I give in and buy an inscribable POS for her?

It turns out that she was carrying Reefclaw's Refuge. I looked at the thing and I thought it was pretty sweet, especially for a strength war on a budget. Take a look at this thing:

q7o5ZsV.jpg

Even for those of us not on a budget, it's a great skin that you normally can't get in str and it has fun mods that you can't reproduce with an inscribable warlord. So maybe I'm late to the party on greens or maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but any way you cut it, I don't think I was giving this item the love it deserves.

I thought it might be fun to see if you all have any other examples of underappreciated items. Are there any items that aren't super-collectible or popular that you think deserve a little love?

• I actually farmed that shield one week for every member of my family.

It dropped while I was farming Moon Shells and Black Pearls.

I love Nautiluses and Conches and all other sorts of shells,

so it was an immediate hit, especially with those perfect stats!

Needless to say the Nick items took a back seat until my tangent desire was fulfilled :D

I haven't figured out the screenshot thing on this forum yet,

When I have more time I will, and edit in one of my favorites.
    I particularly love the Spiked Targe myself. I think it is overlooked and underappreciated as well.

It is not only simple and elegant, it also absolutely screams "Shield Bash"!

I know I would not want to be on the receiving end of that shield and skill put together!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone Else Is Already Taken!

Edited 3 times, last by Lady Lyn: Fix Added Attachment (June 18, 2018 at 8:44 PM).

• i think i'm just about the only person who likes the Bronze Shield.

Its simple and no nonsense and looks good in my book but nearly everyone would rather use even a great conch over it.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• Official Post

HjwuwmW.jpg

I agree Kromp, the Reefclaw is a beaut. Here are some of my favorite underappreciated items :).

Btw all the mod combo's I show above can be replicated on inscr. shields. Just the caster attributes can't be generated on inscr. shields.

Edit: Fanatic Devotion is Draconic Aegis skin. Feels good to be able to use that skin as someone who prefers not to use inscr. items.

Edit 2: Pleikki's white, blue, purple collections QXmUADf.jpg

• @ Looney: I'm with you -- I've always also been a fan of the bronze shield. I'd love to have one (either very heavy or very light) with some stance mods on it (WTB!). Definitely an underrated skin imo.

@ Emma: Sorry, I think I misspoke. I just meant that you couldn't get those mods on that skin with an inscribable warlord shield. I'll edit -- thanks for catching that. Nice to learn you're a fellow Reefclaw's refugee! :)

• Here are some my underappreciated items.

fwma7k.jpg

I don't know how to put it exactly, but there is something very satisfying about using a piece of your dead enemies body as your weapon. Especially when it's from a giant spider, as mostly everyone hates spiders. ^^

"Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak."

• This one (in different attributes)! Used to hoard Warden Horns and other collector items so I could get them for all my caster heroes on every character :D In my opinion it's one of the best staff skins in the game!

RmxvSull.jpg

I swear they made that staff skin not drop anywhere knowing some ppl would go crazy trying to collect the stupid trophies. It's underappreciated by players because so many seem to have the idea "If it ain't gold it ain't good", and it got no love from A-Net making it so annoying to get them in the different attributes.

It really is saddening that such a great skin is pretty widely unknown to many players.

Apologies if you have seen this before.

I've never owned an item possessing such a quantity and variety of perfection yet garnering so little appreciation as this.

Branch82020.jpg

Holy Schniekies! I made a 3 attribute Dragon Staff, but, all 4 Monk attributes on one piece of prenerf goodness is EPIC... (it had to be a Holy Branch tho xD).

Now that I think about it... maybe it deserves more love just because most monk twigs aren't. It's like actually liking your mother-in-law.

• I got one of those! I only ever had a q10 insc gold drop for me until a charr gave me it.

I'm appreciating that it's hct 18% fire magic since theres no earth in pre...

and i'm not IDing it so nobody can prove otherwise!

• I think Gold is over rated. Just like Coffee Man's collector staff, many of the blue collector items are sorely

under rated and under appreciated. Off of the top of my head 2 that I keep collecting and give to players in need are: the Gemstone Staff (Q9 Dom) also Warden Horns, as well as Celestial Essences and Kraken Eyes...

and a Channeling Focus in the Imperial Sanctum for Soul Stones. There are other traders too, I just get a lot of those. When new players in Kamadan ask for free weapons, those are a great way to help them out.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone Else Is Already Taken!

• My most underappreciated item is my entire collection lmao. If you think about it your hexed 200% of the time when playing in high level areas so it makes sense right? RIGHT?

I remember the week Factions came out I spent a good time farming for Reefclaws to sell on, made some good buck from that and used to be the talk of the squad for using it since greens where some what of a prestige still.

I would say collectors weapons in general are very underappreciated. I hear horror stories of people searching and searching for mods/OS perfect caster stuff for their heroes when they could of just crafted or farmed a little and saved 20 hours of wasted time!