Finished collecton

• Here's my axe build set up, both perfectly matching gv The caster/tank sword and shield The ol smacker (thanks raining for escape hammer build, it's wonderful!) Pirate-y hack and slash gear The perfect bow for a ranger, earth tones and spikes

All items shown above are perfect, Require 8 max. I think most of you know what I have so I'll save everyone the drool. My collection is solely based off of item skins that can be found in presearing.

All of these items are near 1/1 if not 1/1 for me and the acquisition was not easy. I came back in 2019 so finding these items after the hayday of collecting/playing was somewhat difficult, but it's funny how things work. I was able to land most of the items I was looking for within a couple weeks of finding out their existence some how.

First of all A big thank you to Spun Ducky for the wonderful Dead bow. When I found his old gwlegacy PC post I knew I had to try to get it. He was gracious enough to part with this beauty despite having a few others part of a collection. He also kindly traded me the ornate buckler of my dreams for a dual reduction shield in the same skin. So big thanks ducky! I always thought you appreciated my poor jokes ducky:)

On to the Reinforced buckler. This one was something I never thought the owner would let go and I am very grateful they did, considering they have a beautiful reinforced buckler collection. Lone behold he told me a price I couldn't refuse and said it can have a new owner today. That amazing human was the one, the only, pequeno! This man has always been just absolutely genuine and kind. Always interested in chatting and willing to help you find something. So thank you for that Pequeno.

On to the twin hammer, this is one of those items that is 1/1, and despite what some people say about the person who sold it to me, I think he is a honest and respectable collector. He may have a lot of items that people want that are custoed but in my opinion, play the game how you like, not how others think it should be played. Pleikki Gave me another great deal on this hammer and the stipulation was that it would be custoed (I was already going to do this). Whenever I have talked to Pleikki he has been a straight shooter, he tells me if he'd part with it and for what. Typically if he really likes it he will ask a lot for the item but if it's not something he loves, he will give a fair deal which I understand and respect. He hooked this hammer up and I am very thankful for it. Thanks Pleikki! Special thanks to Raining Ecto for the kick ass hammer build for it, I had tried a number of them but none of them flow as well as the escape hammer.

On to the Scimitar, where things get complicated. A botter by the name of Tru Recycled had found this gem botting away with his robot friends and I had seen his PC post. I knew that it was going to fetch way more especially with pleikki involved and his interest in it. (He wasn't up yet) I knew I had to strike while the irons hot so they say, and via pm I was able to get him to sell it to me a couple hours after pc for a bargain deal. There is some animosity with this sword, but the way I look at it is I was able to ensure a botter didn't get anymore armbraces to RWT than he should.

Lastly, the 1/1 Battlepick. I found this 5 hours after I posted WTB. I knew I wanted it and I knew the person was screwing me around with false offers in kamadan. I paid what they asked in case their false offers were actually legit, but later found out they were not. This is the bittersweet aspect of finding collections items and in part why I don't collect anything but a few very specific, useful items for my ranger Shiverpeak. (also the reason I have had 3 legacy accounts) I way overpaid, got screwed around and just had to bite the bullet because someone's anonymous ALT knew I would pay well for what I want and wanted to see how far they could take it. This seems to be all too common. It appears that some will do their very best to shaft you price wise if they know you really want it and I have seen it in Spades from a select few. One rotten egg spoils the whole cake I guess.

There's a few other people I haven't mentioned above. Here are just a few people I have met along the way who have shown me a great deal of kindness, and/or helped me track down items. Below is the honorable mentions.

First of all one of my friends who I first met when I came back in 2019 Raining Ecto. We have bartered quite a bit, and we always show each other the new finds as well as shot the shit when things are slow. You've led me to a couple of items I really cherish as well so A big thank you for that! I always enjoy chatting it up with this dude, he's a cool MF! Thanks for the leads and the good conversation!

Next is no-one else but Purely! When I came back he was one of the main people I'd chat with and bug about items! We have traded a few different items back when but he was always happy to help me find items that I was looking for. He's mellow, never dicked me around and was always a pleasure to chat it up with about things and stuff. Recently he has been slightly inactive but I caught him in game the other day and he made a very kind gesture I won't mention until I get GWAMM. He has been my iron man inspiration as well as my gwamm inspiration. If you don't know about his Deathless gwamm attempts, worth checking out. What a badass!

On to ivann! This guy is super mellow, and a joy to converse with! Cut from my cloth, a honest chap who has always assisted me in finding stuff even if there was nothing involved for him. He's helped me find a number of items and always has given me more than fair deals. From my perspective if he knows I like something he will ask around to find out where it is as, and from my experience his tracking skills are impeccable! Thanks again Ivann for the love and support for my collections!

tire town tuff This mention is because the sheer kindness and friends discounts hes provided to the community out of kindness and making peoples collections. He was willed some insane items which most didn't know existed and then turned around and directed them to the perfect homes. It has been quite the incredible thing to watch. He single handedly made probably 10-15 collections. I was chatting with him the night it happened and he gave me and one of my best friends the deal of a lifetime on two separate items. Previously before his new found riches, we would chat about items that exist and where they are. He has always been very fair with me and I am very grateful for that. You're a cool cat Crystal!

Kabong This mention has to be apart of this thread because he was the first person to get me back into collecting after 10 years away. I always loved rangers and he sold me a req8 perfect wooden skin flat bow that really kicked off my re-kindled enjoyment of collecting. It had started my bow collection entirely. Our relationship has been a roller coaster over higher than usual pricing (especially on hammers) but I get it, he is the hammer guy! Despite his religious views on customization and his intense love for hammers, he is a cool dude who has helped all appreciate collecting. From the people I have talked to, he has helped them get items that he has that made their collection. Thanks for kicking off my collection Kabong!

Lastly, my good friend Ecto Sacrifice. We go way back to youngins. We jammed this game way back when and I recently dragged him back on to play again after 10 years away! We're currently chipping away at gwamm together and its been epic. I'm glad I have a good friend like him and he's playing right there with me. There's alot more I could say about this dude, but I think he knows how I feel about him. Just a righteous soul!

system.fan I don't know this guy but his posts crack me up! Keep posting lol

If I didn't mention you I didn't forget about you, I will update this as old memories pop into my old noggin.

This game is very special, and in my opinion, one of a kind! We each appreciate it in our own way and all play it slightly differently. I think the complications in the collectors community are based on people wanting things others have, that they wont part with. Hence why I customize (I never want to think about selling them). This community albeit 17 years old, is a special one and quite complex. There's a lot of kind people at the end of the day. All in all most will try to help you out if you really want something as long as it isn't one of their grail items. Happy collecting!(and playing hopefully;p)

Thank you all for being part of this unique community I have found nowhere else. Please go smack some Charr for me people!

Edited 19 times, last by dome 4 summit axe (November 18, 2022 at 9:48 AM).

• Well stay tuned San, I plan on doing something different here on collections. Instead of posting the pictures of the items I will detail how they were acquired. And based on my previous accounts, sometimes I get sick of legacy as to the politics between people. I hope the explanation satisfies.

• dome 4 summit axe November 18, 2022 at 9:39 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Shiverpeak Arena's finished collection” to “Finished collecton”.