Gaile's account was hacked.

• I understand your point Max and also Gaile's for that matter.

But foremost, I understand the point of view from the user. He wanted something that any Guild Wars player has been begging for yrs straight, something petite, minor that any Company putting their game under maintenance mode would pretty much have, which is a feedback channel.

And it's a bit of a challenging to accept that Guild Wars is maintenance mode when the game is pretty much alive and that Guild Wars 2 is generating less income than LineAge II and LineAge (games that are older than the Original Guild Wars) for ArenaNet and NCsoft, as some could see from the annual report (find those when I was searching for the other games).

I did some background checking and indeed what he/she said was absolutely true. Every single game that he/she mentioned has more 12 yrs old and still has updates, new content and Customer Service. On continuous basis.

On a different matter I don't think that Gaile Gray in any point could be sorted as a Guild Wars Player as she claimed or was in the Group as a Guild Wars Player.

Just think on how long has she stayed away from this game since the announcement on 2007 of Guild Wars 2?! If something has been shown to us in this accident of hacking was that she never "really" played the game being honest. So hiding in this disguise of being in the group as a player didn't really convince me at all.

Also instead of at least bothering to refute what he/she said (by any example, which I can say for instance the new gifts on 2015 anniversary) she was too occupied taking part as a victim of what you call[font="arial, sans-serif"] "[font="Source Sans Pro"] [/font][/font]feeling of entitlement in the gaming community".

So yeah, I do understand what you said (and agree with you) and I completely understand also her side, but I think that there's a greater picture here that's being missed.

Edited once, last by Sadness (August 15, 2016 at 11:21 PM).

• I would also like to point out that Gaile is still a player and a member of our community in the first place - the second place is that she works for ArenaNet.
    Forcing her into answering questions will only drive her away and for a good reason.

Don't forget that even though you're a developer of a game, you can still very well be a player in it, without having to be a representative of the company you're working for.
    As such I'm pretty certain that Gaile has been playing a lot more Guild Wars than we're aware of (the possibility exists that she has a private, non-work account too). So don't try to be so aggressive towards her :) let her enjoy the game.

While we all would like more information from ArenaNet in the first place, I think that we should all be aware that the main thing that bonds us is the love for this game.
    I'm pretty sure that if Gaile had something to share with us, she would do it in the first place.

As of now, the main channels of communication for Guild Wars are, afaik, Stephane Lo Presti and Joe Kimmes. Both of them are still somewhat involved with the Guild Wars on a professional level (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Stephane_Lo_Presti / https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Feedback_talk:Joe_Kimmes) and both of them are more involved than Gaile still is (Stephane being a community manager and Joe being a member of the Live Team afaik) - and we should try to avoid hammering her for information.
    Don't forget that Gaile's role for the last few years has been that of a Support Liaison and Forum Communications Team Lead for Guild Wars 2 - she might not even be up to date with what's going on for Guild Wars 1 - it's a big company after all and I doubt that in her current job Guild Wars 1 is something that pops up often.

While I absolutely agree that a feedback channel should be available, I'm currently trying to find another way to get this - hammering Gaile won't help us with that.
    Instead, I think that we should, as a positive community, try to reach out to ArenaNet in the best way possible and ask if there's a way that we could get a feedback channel - be it official or unofficial.
    The best way to start there might be to contact Stephane, as he's one of the community managers.

• Its harsh to put gaile on the spot for stuff after her account got hacked however if there are numerous players at the point of desperation to go that far (however disrespectful it may be) in attempts to contact some employee to have some communication on the state of their loved game then there is a major issue within the company that should be addressed

gaile shouldnt be the target for all this though, kinda sad that people do target her because she was the most giving and vocal during the games more active/lively periods

• Go, Kevin Go! :)

Have you done any progress so far?!

I've started working on the new guild recruitment system, I decided to wait until Laravel 5.3 came out since it has some really nice changes which will come in handy.
    The domain name is also taken care of, it's just programming now! I'm kinda busy right now with my job, but I'm working on it. Hopefully I'll have something to release at the end of September.
    I'll start testing the system with some guilds as soon as the basics are ready and I need feedback :).

For the tag that shows character names for members only, it's still something I'm looking into and it's looking a bit more complicated to implement than I had hoped, but I also hope to implement this during September.

- Kev

• I've sent an email a while back to them Sadness, and I haven't gotten any reply on that yet.

I'm going to send another mail though to request an interview... but no further news yet.

Kev

• I've sent an email a while back to them Sadness, and I haven't gotten any reply on that yet.

I'm going to send another mail though to request an interview... but no further news yet.

Kev

I remember that a French fan site had requested an interview a couple years ago, and was first approved, but after Anet learned the questions would be about GW1, they ended up declining because there is almost no one there who knows that much about the game at this point.

In regards to the topic on hand, it is a shame, and scary, that Gaile's account was hacked in such a manner. She has always been a champion of the playerbase, and for someone to do that reflects negatively on us all. I can understand the frustration behind this and the Facebook post as well. At the end of the day, we are all Arenanet's customers, and that does come with some expectation of support for the service we are using, and some are still paying for (the GW1 store is still open for business, after all).

While I appreciate the fact that Anet has decided to keep GW1 running for the forseeable future, that comes as a double edged sword as there is that expectation that the playerbase should get at least a modicum of support when things aren't working as they should, or we have issues like botting and account hacking. It's water we have to tread carefully because I can see at some point, Anet just saying the hell with it and shutting down GW1 because of the "complainers" in the game eating up valuable support time.

It's a real shame that we lost much of that original team that gave their heart and soul into GW1 over the last decade. Anet isn't the company they used to be, and I always said that while it would be nice to get the updates and support that many other aging MMOs out there still get, this isn't necessarily the iteration of the team I want touching my favorite game. There's a certain charm and soul to GW1 that the current Anet just doen't understand, nor have the skill to properly update. It's time like this I wish there was an MMO dev out there with the gumption to have designed the "end of life scenario" of their game by designing a back end that could be taken and played off-line once the servers are shut down.

• Forgive me if i'm off topic, but... what is "the AMA" ?

It is also the Tag of my guild, and as the taulier, i'm curious :p

Ask me Anything - even since season 3 started, ArenaNet likes to do a ask-us-anything about the release on Reddit.
    That's where they posted this.

• I wonder if she got her frog back or if they just made her a new one.

ama...lol, guess you can ask, but it doesnt mean they will answer.
    (sorry been in a bad mood this week).

glad to hear things got cleared up, just hope that the uped the security so it can not happen to anyone else.

• Well dear Sadness, as it happens, I got a reply today (what a coincidence!).

I got a reply from Gaile, and she states that she is pleased that we're continuing to cover Guild Wars, which is still a game that's very dear to her heart.

In regards to an interview, they're not able to do one now, but should the opportunity arise, they'll think of us. That's not a no, it's a well, not right now, but perhaps in the future.

Further some general things and she wishes us great success :).

All in all, quite happy with the reply and we're also added to the community mailing list, so yeah, all in all quite positive.

- Kev

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

Edited once, last by Marty Silverblade (October 1, 2016 at 12:17 AM).