Introductions Thread!

• Hi all! I started playing during the original (prophecies) beta! Unfortunately I made the mistake of deleting my original character when I made a new one (ah, the failures of youth), but I am still playing after all this time!

Now on here to see if I can get others to farm green weapons for me, in exchange for some form of currency...

IGN: Jenova Solina

• I tried to get back into it but everyone seems to be only doing speed runs of the harder content. It isn't something I'm interested in.

Hi there! There are many returning players and also newbies, and there are also people who are still doing casual content. I am sure you can find someone. 😊 Or you can join an active guild. You can also take a look at Reddit GW page and see how many people are still doing simple adventuring and not only speed runs.

• I tried to get back into it but everyone seems to be only doing speed runs of the harder content. It isn't something I'm interested in.

Hey there Robert, welcome back to the game! Lots of people are still around and not doing speed runs - I'm one of them. I have been playing mostly as a solo player, enjoying the company of my heroes, but I think I want to play a bit more social now and again.

So if you want to play a bit in game, be sure to let me know and feel free to hit me up in game.

• I have my own guild in peter's ally (Yes the one that posts youtube tutorial videos)
    I have an acccount in lgit as well as husband. Each on each side. It is the biggest guild/alliance.

Many may not like being kicked, but being active, etc. can help with that. :)
    So, yeap I play gw still.

:heart: By the light of the fire and the sparkle of the stars, you came to realize the meaning of true love. - Lori B. :rit:

• Hi ppl, i am gw1 noob, playing 2-3 months, maybe 4 xD, be patient with me :)

Everybody started out as a noob, so you're more than welcome!

I hope you enjoy the game as much as I did when I started with it. 5k hours in, and not a single regret.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Greetings fellow adventurers...
    After many years away from these troubled lands we have returned and oh the chaos that we find makes us long for vengeance.

Thought I would introduce myself now that my husband and I are back playing GW after many years. We started playing in the year of release and played for a few years through the Factions and Nightfall releases and into some Eye of the North content. We stopped playing with the mass exodus of players to GW2 (we assume anyway). Upon coming back I find I was part of some great hack and so I have lost so much stuff I could cry (my husband thinks I am particularly sore because they left my Mesmer naked!). We decided to start a couple of new characters to go from Pre-Sear through to help get us back into the game and how to play, of course, we are occasionally hopping back to some of our higher-level characters but we are seriously out of practice and Res Shrine gankage makes me particularly moody :S We were always more about the casual gaming and having fun, while we want to do elite stuff and HM we don't want to be over-serious about it all, especially as I have now been diagnosed with a neurological illness. I do miss the player base though and our friends and allies but I am happy to be playing again. Now to try and get some bloody funds my poor characters I forgot how expensive the game world is to look good :D

My older most loved characters who I hope to be back to soon...
    :nec: Darke Alice :mes: Arienne Incognita :ele: Raevyn Pendaris

• Hi there,

just registered. Lots of stuff to say about my Guild Wars career.

Started back when 56k modems were rare, but still somewhat around. GW1 was basically my only option due to content streaming. Sure, some areas took 10 minutes, but at least it was playable. Was in my early teenage years and had no idea what I was doing. I remember Holy Sandro, my brave Mo/R, who was lost in a rage delete charr assault. Yeah, that's it. Created a PvP character as well, but default monk loadout didn't cut it, people were looking for word healers and I didn't know about elite skill stuff either. Still played it to hell and back before finally stopping, thwarting many attempts of getting past the first round on HA.

Came back to Tyria with one of my best friends when GW2 released, roped in the s/o, played the story, got raiding and recently decided to fill the HoM. Broken cutscenes in Factions (ventriloquist pets, anyone?) got me crying with laughter. Nightfall is amazing. Now I'm staying with no end in sight, with my interest having shifted from GW2 to GW1 almost entirely. I regret naming my Rt "Chores Enmas".

So yeah. Came for the HoM, got delayed due to nostalgia, staying for GOOD friggin' game design. Before I write a novel here, I'll summarize the rest:

• I harbor an extreme grudge against bots and am constantly looking for ways to thwart them in PvP. Managed to whip up an Rt build that appears to screw with the scripting of many E bots in JQ and gets them stuck for a while. Is posting stuff like that allowed? Didn't see any rule against it, but the bot rules got me worried.
    • I mostly play ST Prot Rt, though Spirit Spammer is on standby.
    • I'm extremely incompetent at trading, spending hours in Spamadan without selling any of the stuff I'm buried under.
    • While I used to raid in GW2, I now aspire to be the friendliest open-world meta commander known to mankind.

I'll probably be annoying you with price checks a lot, but I'll do my best to participate in other ways as well. Promise. Hope to see you ingame sometime!

• Hello everyone!
    I can't express how grateful I am to see this website. Guild Wars Legacy... and what a Legacy it is! I started playing while I was in college (17 years ago?) I have never been so hype for an expansion since, walking through Target with my copy of Factions is a feeling I won't ever forget.. and I have so many memories of playing with my younger brother and random folks!
    I believe my strongest memory was meeting my friend Spartan of Fire, it was somewhere in the Shiverpeaks during prophecies. Back when folks actually grouped up for difficult quests :) Also running battery for tombs runs was an absolute blast. Everyone loved me and I had such an easy job :P
    Glad to be in a situation where I can sit down and enjoy this game again. It's already been so amazing to be back.
    Long time Necro, but after losing everything to some sort of account breach, I've picked up the Paragon this time around

• Pre Sear is just so peaceful. The Pre Sear Guild Wars world stands by itself, as it has been since the very first day Guild wars was released. It hasn't changed at all. They could come out with Guild Wars expansions just based on adding more quests to pre sear.

People ask a lot in pre sear why would you stay here? I recently came back to the game because Guild Wars 2 was on sale and I bought it. I played each class in Guild Wars 2 just hanging out in the first mission of each world, sort of like pre sear. Then I just came back to GW 1 and I hang out in pre sear now. The expansions in GW 1 are just so overwhelming. I recreated the first character I ever made on GW (an Elementalist) and just hang out in pre now. Sometimes I do some Random Arenas PvP, and sometimes I go searching for groups to do PvE with, but don't ever see any.