The truth about Pre-Nerf

• Ostona now we need to the the GV after ID 8o

IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• unknown.png         unknown.png

I don't know how, why and in the world i can still search for a q9 ornate spear 300g. when this are things that are happening xD

sry for small offtopic but i got 2 with same value now ^^

one will get a 20% dragon sword mod and the other one i think a 22hp mod for the 15-22 vibe.

thanks for help on the IDS topic now its just FDS q9+5en X00g to go and the draconic sctyhe and dragon set is done <3

I will be back soon with a Prenerf Question. a really intressting topic :)

IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• So yeah one thing missing here is collector staffs.

basically every collector staff from tyria and cantha has prenerf and post nerf version from the HSR update

4MUHDxp.png

This thread also misses most of the new greens ppl been finding out about heh ;P

• This thread also misses most of the new greens ppl been finding out about heh ;P

We have a an entire section under development which will bring all this information up to date, correlate and organise it too. It’s taking a while, but we’re on it.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

• I find this one quite weird.

When you look at the 25th October 2006 update it says : "Green item staffs, crafted staffs, and collector staffs with any sort of recharge bonus have been updated to reduce the recharge time of all spells with a chance of 20% instead of the attribute-specific bonuses they had previously."

In the case of the green staves all the existing one were updated (with the exception of 4 of the low level staves from faction). The update note is using the same wording for the collector staves and the crafted staves, so I had assumed the existing one were also changed.

Also another one that can be added to the list, some of the weird blue item you get as quest reward in proph were apparently changed. Back in february I remember Nik was selling and unobtainable Q5 Smiting Deadly Cesta 5/5 10% armor pen (here)

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

• I was wondering if it's possible for ArenaNet to create a "GW Classic" like Blizzard has done with WoW (in this case, playing the game before Factions like in the first two months of the release) using a backup or image of the game from 2005.

I remember reading countless times that many of the code of GW is hardcoded and can't be changed or it's very difficult. I don't fully understand this since I'm not videogame programmer/designer, but in computing everything can be changed, it's a question of knowing. They have said many times that the character loading screen cannot be changed for something related to this, so if they can't even change that, I don't want to imagine what a mess the inside of this game must be. Too bad there is no developer left to talk to, to explain a few things.

• There are many items from betas left in players inventories like white staff wrappings that add nothing to anything xD

But for brick muds, i can confirm they excisted in game, i remember when dev (mike or gaile gray) was even showing them to ppl at sometime years back, after that i dont know if they been removed from ppl's inventories after they removed the artisan in shiverpeaks, but back in 2005-2006 they did excist in the game.

I resurrect this to say that I found in the Guru archive the "infamous" screenshots:

04534-brick-of-mud.jpg04534-clay-brick.jpg

i00txbV.jpg

Sources (Date: Apr 27, 2008) (Time: 06:42 PM / 18:42)

https://archive.guildwarslegacy.com/04/04 The Riverside Inn/04534 Clay Brick and Brick of Mud_ Showed today, oh noes.001.html

https://archive.guildwarslegacy.com/04/04 The Riverside Inn/04534 Clay Brick and Brick of Mud_ Showed today, oh noes.002.html

https://archive.guildwarslegacy.com/04/04 The Riverside Inn/04534 Clay Brick and Brick of Mud_ Showed today, oh noes.004.html

I analyzed the screenshot and apparently it seems real despite the pixelation due the compression, but there's something in the trade window that makes me doubt if it's Photoshopped or not (I trust your word, I mean only the picture from Guru's thread), and it's the interface movement and things inside the trade panel.

I compared the Guru screenshot from 2008 with one of 2021 (both are in "Small" size window in the configuration), and this is what happens:

HIHe5Ca.gif

I don't know if they touched the trade panel in an update to move the text boxes a few pixels to the left, but the things underlined in red are displaced.

I have to assume that the old trade window is the original one, and our current trade window has been displaced in an unknown update, because the old has the space between the item panels of the same size.

For me the screenshot is real (the trade window I mean, not the two items inside). The thing here is to know "how" he obtained the items if Mike or Gaile were the only ones having them. I find it practically impossible that something like this would have survived the first weeks of the game, and not just one item, but both. Why I say this? Because the pictures of both items in the Wiki were uploaded in 2007, and the post is from 2008, so even if the trade window screenshot is real, what makes me doubt is if the items could be taken from there to fake it. And there is also the issue of the text of the items that appear in the window, I don't know if with TexMod or some script the text of the game could be edited to fake something.

The user who posted the screenshots says that the person who traded the items told him that they dropped near The Wilds (message #13), and "near" can mean anything in this game, more when we are talking of crafting materials and not monster materials (I don't Imagine a Wind Rider dropping a Brick of Mud). I think it's totally BS, because that terrain has been exploited thousands of times and the location is precisely at the end of the map, a good excuse to send someone to the other end of the world to look for something that does not exist to waste time... but who knows.

Anyway, this is the small contribution that I have been able to get out of the whole thing. The screenshot is cut, the names are deleted, everything is pixelated, we don't even know the nickname of the player who took the screenshot and in the May 29, 2008 update the item was removed from crafters (33 days after the post from Guru), so it's a dead-end and we can only trust (or not) in what is left and the word of the people who claim that it existed and could be obtained in past times.