Chest Run: Nightfall - Barbarous Shore - NM

• Hi all,
    (Mods, I am posting this in the Farming Section as there is not a specific section for Chest Running. If these need to be relocated, please let me know)

For those that don't know me, I am a full time Chestrunner as well as large variety collector. I enjoy chestrunning in NM for Q8 Foci, Shields, and Swords as well as HM for a variety of skins. I have been contacted by a variety of players seeking information about different chestrunning options. Since I have a large rotation, I decided to put together some info on my runs to share with the community. I also collect data on my chest drops to analyze trends and have a data set that will provide me insight on things such as % of weapon types that drop, Q8 chances, and different skins per map. I will include some of that data in with my posts. If these show to have an interest, I will continue to document other runs in the same fashion.

I want to stress that this is only intended to be a guide. There are multiple paths to take and builds to use per run. There is no right or wrong path or build. Feel free to choose to take a different path as you learn more about the specific run, be aware that chest spawn locations may change depending on your starting point or path.

I hope you find value in this info and enjoy the art of chest running if you don't already.

Agent Chevy | AKA "Chevy"

Campaign Nightfall
    Run Location Barbarous Shore
    Starting Point Camp Hojanu
    Mode Normal
    Average time (can vary based on skills and pcons) 6-7 minutes
    Full or Partial Map Run Full
    Number of Chests 4 to 5
    Q8 Focus, Shield, and Sword Possible? Yes
    Examples of targeted drops (not all inclusive) Q8 Focus, Shield, and Sword
    Oldschool or Inscripted Items Inscripted
    Consumable (Optional/ Not required) Birthday Cupcake
    Chevy's Build Template OwZSg4PTSf6MHQLiIQ0k3lNQ

Nightfall-Barbarous-Shore.jpg

My current data sample:

Barbarous-Shore-Weapon-Ratio.jpg

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

Edited once, last by Agent Chevy ().

• Great Question.

Personally, I rotate across all possible Q8 NM maps, this just happened to be one of the NF ones I like, others will be posted in the future.

Not all maps I run may suit the interest of other players but would at least be an option.

From a skin perspective, there are specific skins that would be cool to get. Out of the 578 chests I opened here, I have not yet gotten a Colossal Scimitar, but in theory could possibly drop here but until I see one, it's "plausible". I would love to get a Q8 Tattooed Scimitar or Briar Blade myself. Here is the list of the swords, shields, and Focus skins I have gotten here out of the 578 runs, all would be potential q8 drops. I have gotten several q8 lotus shields and a q8 spined focus here.

I almost posted this in my original posts but was afraid it would be too much and scare some viewers away.

Swords:

Adamantine Falchion

Briar Blade

Broadblade Scimitar

Brute Sword

Colossal Scimitar (Thanks to Hairy Knight for sharing)

Crude Scimitar

Falchion

Fiery Dragon Sword

Flamberge

Forked Sword

Long Sword (calling this one out as I just had a conversation with someone about this only being a EOTN drop according to wiki but forgot I dropped this here)

Ornate Scimitar

Salient Sword

Scimitar

Spatha

Steelblade Machete

Tattooed Scimitar

Vabbian Scimitar

Shields:

Defender

Lotus Shield

Shield of the Wing

Sun and Moon Shield

Crude Shield (Thanks to Hairy Knight for sharing)

Focus:

Accursed Icon (Gorgon)

Air Prism

Aureate Chalice

Aureate Lamp

Bleached Skull

Blessed Chalice

Bone Charm

Butterfly Mirror

Chimeric Eye

Divine Scroll

Divine Symbol (loop)

Earth Scroll

Eerie Focus

Flame Artifact

Frost Artifact

Gilded Artifact

Grim Cesta

Grim Cesta (claw)

Grim Cesta (gauntlet)

Healing Ankh

Holy Vial

Idol

Idol (hand)

Inscribed Chakram

Iridescent Prism

Jeweled Chakram

Jeweled Chalice

Majestic Focus

Protective Icon

Spined Focus

Stone Chakram

Storm Artifact

Water Prism

Wooden Chakram

I hope this helps

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

Edited 3 times, last by Agent Chevy ().

• Congrats on the gold Q8 11-21 wand in general, I love to see those being max for insc q8 wands.

Barbarous Shore is one of my favorite NF runs that I enjoy, mainly for the large potential of sword skins (listed above).

The Whalekin Wand is a very common drop in Kourna as you know, for Barbarous Shore alone, I have logged 67 out of 690 chests tracked, almost 10% making up a pretty large portion. I only had one Q8, it was a purple 11-21 as well.

• Posting an update. I have done many Barbarous Shore runs at this point. I can't put a number on it. I just got my first Colossal Scimitar drop from one of the chests near the corsairs.

Istani Shield must be possible here as well. Have yet to see one though.

• Posting an update. I have done many Barbarous Shore runs at this point. I can't put a number on it. I just got my first Colossal Scimitar drop from one of the chests near the corsairs.

Istani Shield must be possible here as well. Have yet to see one though.

Untitled1.png

Wow, I have run this well over a thousand, maybe even 2 thousand times in the course of a year and never got one here. I have updated the sword list above to reflect this find. Congrats!! Hopefully the next one will be a q8.

• Do istani shields also drop from chests?

I have been running these chests like a madman in my free time lately and I still haven't seen one drop. That being said, I spoke to a friend of mine, a very reliable source that had two drop for them.

Crude shields are confirmed to drop here too. Screenshot added below.

• Congrats on the drop Hairy Knight. I can confirm that istani shields do drop here and also when I get home I’ll have a look through screens as I have gotten 2 q8 15-21 bramble blades but didn’t see it on the list.

It's nice to have Istani Shield confirmed. Bramble blades have been quite a rare drop for me, only seeing two of them. Beautiful skin too.

I am continuing to run. Hopefully more sexy drops on the way!