Wintersday Contest - Read this!

• Our first year is coming to a close!
    2016, it has been something! Our very first year has flown and we've grown quite a lot over the last year!
    From our humble beginnings in a Facebook chat to a proud fansite with over 600 (and counting!) members and over 2300 posts! We're really proud on what we've achieved together with all of you.
    In order to celebrate what we have already achieved and to celebrate the Wintersday festival, we will be giving away 5 gifts to the lucky winners of our first contest!
    We're still keeping it a secret what we're giving away - but Max has been way too excited for this, so you know it's good! We will unwrap the gift soon...
    Our thanks go out to ArenaNet for providing the gifts that we will be giving away!
    You can participate between the 19th of December 2016 until the 16th of January 2016.

What can you win?
    Grawl_caster.jpg5 x Miniature Grawl
    (Ain't he cute?)

The contest
    So, what do you have to do in order to join the contest?
    The idea of this contest is that we're planning to spread some Guild Wars cheer into the real world - the contest itself is very simple: print out an image of a Guild Wars character/NPC or monster, cut it out and place them somewhere and photograph it.
    For example, you could take out Prince Bokka the Magnificent on a romantic date to a restaurant or you could take a henchman on an adventure somewhere.
    Try to be as creative as you can be and you might win!
    We do expect you to print and cut-out a character/NPC (or multiple ones), Photoshopping them in isn't what this contest is about and will not be accepted.

How to participate?
    Participating in this contest is easy - all you need is an account to Guild Wars Legacy.

• In order to join, you will need to submit your image as an attachment to the contest-thread. Once it's live, you'll find the link to it on this page.
    • Once you've submitted an image, you are officially entered.
    • You can submit as many images as you want, but you can only win 1 prize per person.

Rules
    The rules are as following:

• All staff of Guild Wars Legacy is exempt of participating in this contest.
    • A Guild Wars Legacy account is required.
    • You can submit as many images as you want, but you can only win 1 prize per person.
    • A single person can only use a single account to enter. We won't send multiple prizes to the same address.
    • Should you win we will contact you in order to get all details required to get the prize to you. If we don't get a reply within a week the prize will go to the runner-up. Emails about this will be sent from [email protected]
    • The winners and runner ups will be decided by the Guild Wars Legacy staff.
    • You can participate between the 19th of December 2016 until the 16th of January 2016.
    • Winners will be contacted by mail.
    • Images used must be from Guild Wars, Guild Wars: Factions; Guild Wars: Nightfall or Guild Wars: Eye of the North. Images from Guild Wars 2 will not be accepted and neither will images from any other game.
    • The contest is open to participants worldwide. In the case of shipping costs, Guild Wars Legacy will try to cover these. If these costs should be exorbitant, we will contact you for a solution.

How to submit an entry?
    In order to submit an entry, you will need to open up a new thread. The image you want to submit should be attached as an attachment.
    The size limit is 2 MB per entry. If your image is too big, use an image compressor online (http://compresspng.com/ | http://compressjpeg.com/nl/)

Don't post multiple entries per thread - open up a new entry per thread please to keep it easier for us to find entries.
    If you submit multiple entries in one thread, only the last submission will count.

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

Edited once, last by Iaerah (December 28, 2016 at 8:37 PM).

• Hello! Never heard of this fansite before but I am glad I found it through reddit! I was wondering if there are any account age restrictions for entering the contest (as I just made an account due to never having heard of site before). Thank :)

• Hello! Never heard of this fansite before but I am glad I found it through reddit! I was wondering if there are any account age restrictions for entering the contest (as I just made an account due to never having heard of site before). Thank :)

There is no account age restriction in place ;)

Good luck!

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg