For those crazy enough to still be farming dead swords...

• If it's simply the Dead Swords you want, may I suggest Fahranur, The First City as a good farming spot in HM. The Relentless Corpses drop a fair number of them and it's a rather easy run. Other than a few Ridgeback Skale with Agonizing Chop while getting there, it's rather quick and easy. There are traps in the building but, they're easily avoided.

As for ancient builds however, an old 55 Monk/Dervish is what I've most often used there.

Shield of Judgement

Shield of Absorption

Mystic Regeneration

Protective Spirit

Blessed Signet

Balthazar's Spirit

Blessed Aura

Watchful Spirit

with 8 Smiting Prayers / 9 Protection Prayers / 10 Divine Favor / 9 Earth Prayers with the usual Runes / Equipment.

With my old guild, I always had a few q9 Dead Swords on hand for anybody that wanted one; I gave away 50-ish over time. It always seemed to me as I did the run, that the quality of items and number of Gold drops went up as you made your 2nd and 3rd runs. (If you try the farming run, let me know if you get the same impression on the quality and quantity of drops or if I'm just imagining it.)

• I invented a build to do it in Paragon (solo) in HM in 2007 "raahh memory". But is not best build for this.. and now i have not code and my vidéo on youtube erased many years afters +50k views.

• I really appreciate all the info. I hope to try it out soon. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks a bundle!

• I am guessing that the purpose of asking about 'Destroy the Ungrateful Slaves' quest as this is the only way to get a gold Q8 Max Dead Sword. These do not drop anywhere else.

I know others use a derv, I use a variation of a triple chop build on my war.

Chevy

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Good tip to share, same goes with ancient shields (and maybe it will be a q8) :)

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• omg.....As one of the first posts I've read on here (I'm new to the site as of a few minutes ago)...took me a second to recall what q9 meant. sigh*....Feels GOOD.

• This is a Para build I found on pvx:

https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/Build:P/Mo_Dead_Sword_Farmer

I create first version of this build, before EOTN (spring 2007), for farm solo HM with paragon. Used for farm vermin too.

It is a pity that I no longer have the video of the time that was linked via this Pvx page (erase). Now on 2020, drops are much less significant in terms of quantity.

But is funny. Maybe one other variation for build of paragon, with new elite and for farm fow too (beach).

• it won't work in hm since your speedbuff won't be enough to reset them. Unless maybe you use some red rock candies or the likes. But probably something else would be a better (cheaper) aproach there.

Also their other mechanics plus damage output would be disadvantageous for you. Just like the increased hp.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier