Info on mod ranges (upgrade components) (post- & pre-nerf)

• Here you can find on minimum-maximum mod values, sorted by rarity and location. The value ranges depend on mod bonus type, not on item or component (mod/inscription) type. All the listed values have been observed and confirmed recently, except those with a question mark ('?') behind them. If you have any questions, or see a mistake, please let us know.

An incomplete list of observed pre-nerf inherent mod values is also given at the end: only the minimum values per type are shown, because the maximum values were the same as post-nerf (except maybe in beta/very early game). The pre-nerf table is preliminary and incomplete, please contribute new values if you can.

>WTB< | ign Adanel Jade

Edited 24 times, last by Praise (March 4, 2021 at 1:00 AM).

• This post is a great idea, the Wiki is kinda lacking on this subject.

My small contribution :

Blue hexed, I can confirm 35 isn't the minimum.

Blue +30hp (old school shield) I have seen some +16hp

Purple +30hp, I can confirm +21 exist :

As I told you in game, It would be good to also include the stat range for the prenerf items. It seems the prenerf gold items could use all the stat range, so in theory the minimum stat for a prenerf gold item is the current minimum stat for a blue item. Can someone confirm that ? Or maybe post a screen shot if you have a prenerf item below the current minimum blue value.

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

Edited once, last by Oldschool Cool (November 3, 2020 at 10:44 PM).

• As I told you in game, It would be good to also include the stat range for the prenerf items. It seems the prenerf gold items could use all the stat range, so in theory the minimum stat for a prenerf gold item is the current minimum stat for a blue item. Can someone confirm that ? Or maybe post a screen shot if you have a prenerf item below the current minimum blue value.

Well i atleast have this prenerf purple with lower value than the minimal blue for 45 mod, lowest gold i have is 17.

2inkzeC.png

I do think we should start research on this subject same as with item dmg ranges, so if u find lower u post it here :) ofc i think this subject allows more cheating than dmg ranges and definetly cant take every post for granted.

Also we know with certain mods for a fact gold werent able to use full spectrum of range, like Weapons in gold dropped 12-15, purple was able drop 11% and blue 10%

Edited once, last by Pleikki (November 4, 2020 at 10:21 AM).

• Sure, adding prenerf ranges is a good idea, I'll put it in the op. I suggest we limit that section to inherent mods (2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, 60), because what would be the use of knowing salvageable prenerf mods by rarity. Pleikki I'm not sure what you mean by 'cheating', but would that solve it?

I'm totally dependent on prenerf collectors for that section, though, as I don't have enough of my own to get a clear picture. Please share what you have if it's not yet in the tables.

Thanks!

>WTB< | ign Adanel Jade

• Sure, adding prenerf ranges is a good idea, I'll put it in the op. I suggest we limit that section to inherent mods (2, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 30, 45, 60), because what would be the use of knowing salvageable prenerf mods by rarity. Pleikki I'm not sure what you mean by 'cheating', but would that solve it?

I'm totally dependent on prenerf collectors for that section, though, as I don't have enough of my own to get a clear picture. Please share what you have if it's not yet in the tables.

Thanks!

Haha i just had in mind what we rly cant say for sure if some has dropped recently, especially when its some very niche mod that we dont see or pay attension to often , but with time of course we will find out, its ongoing process after all so i dont think its thing to worry about.

• I can contribute that prenerf wands +5 energy range for gold prenerf is +3-5

m6Fe83w.png

Also 4/xx also definetly used to drop for shield, and ofc then the old prenerf 3/10 mod drops 2/xx xD, for the 2nd mod i know atleast 5/16 excist prenerf for the 2nd part.. so guess atleast 4/16 couldve excisted.. for the prenerf 3/10 mod lowest i have is 2/7%

Purple shields lowest i have is 4/16 (im quite sure 4/xx drops still purples tho, on table its 5?)
    Purple shields i have one prenerf at +5ar

I will try to think more about lowest prenerf ranges sometime and see what stuff i have lol

pequeno has also that prenerf q7 14<50 below forked sword.. so gold weaps could have been 14-20..

For purple ranges here some from my collect:

952BKnI.png

Prenerf 20% on purples couldve ben even 11%

For HCT/HSR (10%) at purple lowest i have is 6% (i have in both staff+wand purple 6%)

For +1attr/20% mods on shields, i have prenerf purple with 1/13...

For blues im quite certain minimum is same as its now.. like HCT/HSR (20%) is 10% at bottom

Damn this subject rly sucked me in. rly wish everyone can contribute so we can rly find out the lowest ranges for prenerfs!

Edited 9 times, last by Pleikki (November 4, 2020 at 7:36 PM).

• Nice, keep the data coming! I'll try to update the main tables as often as possible.

TongTong that's a really interesting one, I didn't expect gold prenerf value to be below current blue minimum (maybe I am wrong about current blue?) But damn, that value is absolutely retarded, why would anyone keep such a shield when there is +30hp unconditional available :D

>WTB< | ign Adanel Jade

• Nice, keep the data coming! I'll try to update the main tables as often as possible.

TongTong that's a really interesting one, I didn't expect gold prenerf value to be below current blue minimum (maybe I am wrong about current blue?) But damn, that value is absolutely retarded, why would anyone keep such a shield when there is +30hp unconditional available :D

If you wanna talk about my kinks, we have to talk about yours aswell :p

• So I put on my diving suit and went through the 'beloved collections' thread. There were some nice pics and new info, though after surfacing my gear was a little crusty with salt :P

The prenerf table is updated with this info and some of my own, and this is all I can do concerning prenerf stats. If you want to further complete it, you'll have to post your data here and I'll continue to update the op.

Thanks

>WTB< | ign Adanel Jade

• Praise December 22, 2020 at 10:11 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Info on upgrade components for weapons & offhands (in progress)” to “Info on mod ranges (upgrade components) (post- & pre-nerf)”.
  • Great to see the thread is almost 100% completed. :thumbup:

If you look at the offhand fortitude and +45hp while ench/stance, there is an overlap on the upperbound of the blue and the lowerbound of the purple (respectively +20hp for fortitude and +30hp for wS and wE) and no overlap on the upperbound purple and lowerbound gold)

Based on that it would make sense that the while hexed goes : blue 30-45, purple 45-55 and gold 56-60.

Nice, keep the data coming! I'll try to update the main tables as often as possible.

I think that +30hp is the current minimum for blue while hexed.

As far as I know the max while hexed on gold used to be +45hp and it was changed sometimes around 2005/2006 (i'm sure Pleikki will correct me if i'm wrong).

So if +45hp was the max for prenerf gold while hexed, I would guess the lower for prenerf gold was +15hp.

A few comment on the oldschool section of the spreadsheet :

* I would separate the +30hp (hale for staves) and the +30 hp (inherent for focus/shield). The ranges are the same but I think it would clear some confusion.

* I would add a new row for the +10 armor vs damge type/creature (is it currently bundled up with the +10% furious ??)

* Maybe add the % for the -5 physical damage. 19-20% for gold, 17(?)-18% for purple etc..

* Maybe add the % for the +1/20% attribute

On the prenerf section :

* Maybe add the very old -3 physical damage (10% chance)

* Same as the oldschool section, maybe add the % for the 1/20% attribute

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

Edited 2 times, last by Oldschool Cool (January 3, 2021 at 1:56 PM).