A note on moderation, item scamming and scammers.

• We have been made aware of accusations concerning the moderation on Guild Wars Legacy, that we would support item scammers.

It should speak for itself that as players and members of the Guild Wars community we do not support item scamming and item scammers. Nor should anyone else.

Guild Wars Legacy is NOT the Guild Wars Police - we are not able to police anything related to the game itself, only what happens on the Guild Wars Legacy Forum and within the Guild Wars Legacy Rules.

What Guild Wars Legacy does is provides a platform for you, the community, to use for Guild Wars related activity - you can post your collections here, buy/sell things and so many others. This platform is moderated by us, according to our Forum Rules that are clearly laid out on https://guildwarslegacy.com/rules/.

We can only moderate based on what is occurring on our platform.

The topic of scams/scammers has created a lot of discussion on our team chat and we have been discussing how to handle this and similar things in the future.

However, this isn't quite as simple as it seems: if Guild Wars Legacy needs to have an area where known scammers can be listed this would lead to the question: what is enough proof of being a scammer?

These aren't easy questions to answer, especially since Guild Wars Legacy does not have a way to verify things in-game. Screenshots and images can be forged. We want to avoid a hostile environment filled with drama.

At present Guild Wars Legacy simply does not allow anything like this but some discussions are ongoing.

To conclude:

Breaking Guild Wars Legacy Rules will result in actions taken on Guild Wars Legacy.

• We're not the Guild Wars police.
    • We only can take action on Guild Wars Legacy and will hand out punishments based upon that.

If you have questions about the choices made by us, you can always mail us on [email protected] or to me personally on [email protected] - I'm always available for questions (though my responses can take a few days).

- Kevin and the Guild Wars Legacy Team

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• no you aren't but just like liberals you silence us when calling scammers out. that in itself is Just as bad. you are covering up for them. you know i'm right.

I think our reasoning has been explained quite well so I won't expand on that here.

We can only police actions taken on Guild Wars Legacy and we will police based on the rules of Legacy.

Bringing politics/liberals in with that is just ridiculous. It has nothing to do with that.

We are still discussing on starting a list of known scammers, but this is something that we don't take lightly.

• seeing my post was deleted I'll say it again just slightly more polite.

Yes Horrible Liberals but it's running the country while Ruining it for others. get it right. 8)

There's no pleasing everybody... do something good for 1 group, another one gets left out. :)

• I think our reasoning has been explained quite well so I won't expand on that here.

We can only police actions taken on Guild Wars Legacy and we will police based on the rules of Legacy.

Bringing politics/liberals in with that is just ridiculous. It has nothing to do with that.

We are still discussing on starting a list of known scammers, but this is something that we don't take lightly.

The Giveaway/scam/sell threads were run on this forum and both parties said that these items were botted and people involved in this had public fight but Only one side got banned. The way actions were taken show sided intentions.

• seeing my post was deleted I'll say it again just slightly more polite.

Yes Horrible Liberals but it's running the country while Ruining it for others. get it right. 8)

Look around the world. Look at the most successful countries in the world with the highest quality of life, highest happiness index rates, lowest corrupt rates, and so on. What do they all have in common? Strong liberal policies and strong social safety nets. Show me a successful conservative country. And don't say USA because it isn't one as much as you might want it to be. But again, off topic. :P

• Let's keep this on topic, shall we. No more politics.

The Giveaway/scam/sell threads were run on this forum and both parties said that these items were botted and people involved in this had public fight but Only one side got banned. The way actions were taken show sided intentions.

The ban given was given due to breaking Legacy rules, nothing else. Should the other side have broken the rules, they would have been given the ban as well.

I actually looked up the ban logs to verify that and the ban was only given due to breaking our rules.

That also was a temp ban, not a permanent one. In the automated mail that is sent out after a ban, it clearly states the procedure to fight your ban/to appeal the ban.

Nothing was received.

I also want to stress the following:

Display Spoiler

Those items were not botted on guildwarslegacy.com. Unless they were botted on guildwarslegacy.com this falls outside of our reach. We cannot be held responsible for or police what is done in the game. As distasteful and cheaty as botting is, the botting didn’t happen on guildwarslegacy.com. The agreement between the two parties was not made in our forums.

We have control over what happens and is allowed publicly on guildwarslegacy.com, but we have no control over what is done in game. That’s the reality.

We are not, and have never been the Guild Wars police. If people were banned and posts removed it is because OUR rules were broken, and that IS something we have control over.We are not responsible for anything that happens in game.

We have discussed this internally quite a bit, since we do not take decisions about this lightly. In order to combat these things, we need to change rules and decided how we want to handle things like this in the future. And that's still ongoing.

But at that moment, our rules didn't catch this and thus we had to act on the rules that were in place and that is what we have done.

I've said it before, but it is hard to police things. In this case, both parties might have said this, but we have to be careful about setting a precedent.

So, we are on this, it'll take some more time.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Iaerah February 14, 2021 at 5:59 PM

Closed the thread.