Posts by Spun Ducky

Knew I shouldn't have identified it. Literally the WORST possible outcome, accidental merchanting would've been better. :(

nYJDRsM.jpg

But a few minutes later I went out and got this funky pair from the same mob kill. I think it's a neat little set.

rZemY6o.jpg

Not quite a wash but wtf ya gonna do!

That is an odd set of items to drop. Where is this mob if you don't mind me asking? I know Krytan axes at least last I knew were very rare and only purple now a days.

Impossible to price those as I have nearly all of those bows and I am one of the few bow collectors in game without them customized. Only way to get any idea on price would be auction. If you have these bows rather than buying I can tell you with certainty that people such as my self would bid in the triple digit armbraces for some of them.

But still... I have only ever opened each end chest once (since I wanted full HoM) and else than that only been solofarming during favor and chestrunning when no favor. But I have never gotten a q8 sword, never a q8 foc anywhere near as good as yours, never a rare skinned shield with mods as good as your eternal...

But ye I barely got time to play, still I have killed millions of low level mobs and opened tens of thousands low lvl chests... :D

This actually got me thinking about some drop research that I had years ago with someone about theories involving the .dat file, system clock, and hardware id the client generates. We had some tin foil hat theories that some accounts in a way are born more lucky than others based on the controllable item generation factors. It is interesting though how a poor seed algorithm for "random" can generate inconsistent behavior. I have always wondered about such things as I have been in the game development world as a job in the past. This could be all speculation though and just pure good or bad luck.

well what should I say... do you want to let me run your account so I can find out if it's the ip-adress or the account that is linked to the insane drops? I mean... that paper fan, q8 sword, q8 shield and then this... this is absurd! GZ

Everyone is after end chests now a days. I have always been a heavy solo farmer in the game so the real secret is open as many regular chests as you can and let heroes get you to the good solo farms that can't be ran to normally. The other factor being I have a stupid amount of time to play right now with summer term over lol.

So I got to thinking we all have some very nice items. I think it might be fun to start a collection of only new drops for ourselves. It would be a fun way to see what nice things are coming into the game rather than what has been out there for a decade. So in essence nothing traded for but rather drops we get that are "nice".

Something I noticed earlier during a NM FoW run was that the rock borer worms in the lightning forest are lvl 20. I don't recall if they drop shadow shields or shadow blades but if so might be a q8 source. They are relatively easy to farm as well.

From a possibility factor, in theory, Q8 inscripted magma and eternal shields can drop in blue only as the levels of the foes are too high for purple or gold, and can drop in any attribute that they would normally drop in (Magmas = Str only).

Someone may be able to confirm the current existence of a blue insc q8 com Eternal.

I should have specified I am farming the blue inscribable from monster drops directly. This doesn't sound promising overall though that a q8 command/motivation can drop. I have already had several q8 magma str of course. Eternals a q8 8/15 str so far as well. If I drop some as proof of concept I will farm it harder. I would love to have the only or close to it only q8 command eternal in game if it can in fact exist.

so i have been farming q8 inscribable magma and eternal shields and i got to wondering if a q8 16 command eternal shield has existed? It would have to be a drop from terrorwebs in gate of pain or a few quests in NF if possible. Just curious if such a beast has dropped?

50-75e

That is very very low and unrealistic. Simple items sell that much now a days. I don't know the range it can reach but I recommend putting it up for auction to OP. A perspective of acquisition to make it clearer as to the rarity. In a farming perspective 50-75e can be earned in 5-6 hours of UW chaos plains solo farming. Easy to repeat results. This shield comes from a highly non-farmed campaign, non chest drop as it is blue, and bots haven't flooded the mobs that can drop this item. I would estimate if you were to try and farm this it would take 50-100 hours of a moderately efficient solo farm build. While that small lot of ectos could be had in a day. So if you go by sheer time investment it is quite disproportionate.

There are still some odd mobs that were never farmed in areas like majesty's rest that could potentially drop these. I know for certain it was a keyless chest drop and also ettin drop long time ago. If you guys remember ettin farming for runes in 2005 in north kryta province. It would take research and not sure we have the man power or will to confirm it. So that really means there is no guarantee of prenerf besides the q8 part for some of those mentioned. For all intents and purposes I doubt any will show up for sale so price wise I would keep that in mind if you ever sold it.

Well that is awesome to hear. I am farming the slave spirit guys in NF that people use to do for dead swords. I figure a lot of q8 shields/swords came from here post loot table changes so it should be a good spot to grab some. It is also a very easy farm on derv.

Emma What’s wrong with RMT? Let’s start with the fact that it’s illegal. It also happens to be unethical and the fact that it’s not immoral to you and others like you is a major part of the problem. Your analogy with shoe buying just couldn’t be further off.

As for my little guild, [PhD] has always done the impossible...and we do it the hard way. I couldn’t be prouder if what we’ve done, what we’ve stood for, and how we’ve influenced the game for the last 11 years. When a person is invited to [PhD], it’s on the basis of their potential for greatness — not just in terms of their collection, but also in terms of their character. We take this seriously in [PhD]. Emma you’re 100% right when you say that not every member of [PhD] has been able to maintain those standards. You’re also right to point out that those people typically leave or are kicked from the guild. The fact is that we’ve has to kick relatively few people for that reason over the years. Most people who RMT eventually recognize the mismatch between themselves and the guild and leave on their own, like you did.

RMT is not illegal at least in the USA. It is against the TOS and Eula but those have been found unenforceable many times in court. I also know of many prestigious players who cashed out their accounts or faked hacking.

So I checked with a mod before posting this,however I thought at this point it should be public information. In 2011/2012, the exact date escapes me. The NPC Tolkano in GTOB with a custom client sending custom dialogue packets could obtain any item in game including those that never existed in game. So instead of the DSR scythe you could get the literal dhuum scythe that was giant on a normal character.

To my knowledge only about 10-15 people knew of this exploit and also had the ability to use the proper code to exploit it. In that time a very large amount of rare mini pets, and long lost items such as q7/8 were made. Some items that were made were never even possible as a drop. A fair amount of the accounts involved were perm banned, however I know for a fact quite a few that survived that didn't get greedy with accounts full of mini kanaxi etc. So as a point of reference, there are some new q7/q8 and other similar items that ended up permanently in the game.

The biggest issues of the weapon drops was that people thought you could only create them without an inherent mod like 15>50, but this was proven wrong. So for historical purposes I thought it best be known that there are some interesting items out there that should have stopped dropping a long time ago.

I haven't played in about 5 years but just curious about some of the nicer items I have sitting around all this time.

Q8 Deadbow 15>50

Q10 eternal shield -2e -3h

Q7 Longsword 15>50

Q8 mursaat bow 15>50

Q8 Fleshy hornbow 15>50

I honestly don't know what the market is like anymore but I have my entire storage and character inventories full of OS stuff before I left the game. It is nice to see some faces from guru when I use to do farm guides/power trade.