2 or more elite tomes from the same chest

• 2 or 3 or even more elite tomes from the same chest? Yes, its possible, but the chances are small. I was lucky to recreate this but was a long grind...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That's, for me, one proof that drops from chests are generated at the same time as the instance (and also chests locations on the map, but that's harder to prove).

What could have made your test "faster", would have been to only CR in prophecy, since you can only drop 6 differents elites tomes (rather than 8 on Faction, 10 on NF/EOTN)

Theoretically, you could drop 16 of the same elite tomes from 1 chest at player #1 opening it, but I don't even want to think to the odds xD

• Yeah, the drops are generated at instance creation (back in the days, they also all had the same rarity iirc, so if one person got a purple from a chest, nobody else would open it). And since the game stacks the same kind of item if they're stackable, the first person who gets the Elite Tome (should also work for normal ones, actually) simply gets them both. Or all three. In effect, you're stealing someone else's loot. As far as I know, another person in the instance will receive nothing from that chest. At least, I have never seen one person get an Elite Tome and someone else get the same type of Elite Tome from the same chest.

The odds are then simply the odds of [number of human players in the instance] rolls having two of the same type of Elite Tome. Not technically hard to calculate if you know the odds of getting an Elite Tome from a chest.