• Hello all you Paragon Lovers.

Back in the day I loved playing my Paragon with many other human Paragons together, which resulted in my Paragon to be my second GWAMM I had. There was a small german community around Ragnaroek Al Pukhi on the old German Guild Wars Forum (Wartower), which regularly did Human Paraways for all Dungeons and End Game areas. The one skill, that makes Paraways possible at all is [Finale of Restoration]. Along the way there was an update from ANet, which destroyed the possibility of Paraways all along, because this mandatory skill was changed in a way, so that it ends after only 5 triggers. Thus, the needed healing wasn't enough anymore and Paraways simply died. This changed the Paraway community to be almost non existant. The skill was changed back later, but the damage to the community was done and Human Paraways fell into a deep sleep.

Some people tried Hero Paraways, but harder HM areas, End Game areas and Dungeons in HM seemed to be not doable or lets say not really enjoyable, since Human Paraways heavily needed the assistance of PVE-only Skills. But the latest update to the game and the introduction of [Heroic Refrain] turned the tables, because now you can effectivley skill your Paragon Heroes in 4 different attributes.

In this thread I will post my builds, which I used to clear all HM Dungeons and End Game Areas with Hero Paraways. I haven't finished all End Game Areas yet, due to lack of time, but I plan to do so in the near future.

I will give some hints and explanations to some builds and some general tips considering your hero setup. Feel free to post your own builds below mine or maybe you have some interesting changes to my builds :)

I don't claim, that these builds were invented by me nor that this is the most efficient way, but I love it when you have 8 Angels with wings in a small area who shout at their faces xD

I will structure the thread the following way. In this first post I will give you some general ideas, the weaponry me and my heroes use and their rune setup (which I actually didn't change through all my runs).

After that I will make 1 Post for each Dungeon, and then I will post some builds for End Game areas which I already cleared, and which I will hopefully clear some time soon. ^^

General Tips

- Paraway is possible because of [Finale of Restoration]. If you have an 8-man Teamcomposition you will need this skill on at least 5 people.

- Paragon Heroes, that you want to deal some damage, should not have more than 3 skills with a cast time

- Some Hymns, Echoes or Shouts only trigger, when you activate an attack skill. Thus most heroes should have at least one - better 2 attack skills. This will greatly increase the survivability

- Heroes should not carry more than 3 Adrenaline skills

- [Wearying Spear] is the best Spear attack, Heroes can use (the Weeknes condition will be removed very fast)

- Second best Spear attack is [Holy Spear] - situational, if Undeads or Summons or Ghosts are around - don't use it in combination with [Wearying Spear] - just 1 Adrenaline Attack Skill per Skillbar

- Most of the Refrains are total shit. I only use Heroic Refrain (obviously) and Mending Refrain.

- Most aoe-shouts may not have the best effect, but are basically a group heal, when they run out (because of Finale of Restoration)

- if you have a Hero skilled in the Command tree and you search for a nice Elite Skill (but don't need anything special), then take ["It's Just a Flesh Wound"]. BUT don't spec any attributes in Motivation. This way this shout will end after 2 seconds on the ally it was casted on and serves as a really strong cond removal as well as single target heal. If you dont use any attribute points in Motivation, Heroic Refrain will not buff that attribute up which is good for you - otherwise the skill duration goes up

- You will see some useful skills from other classes, like :rit: :war: :ele: :mo: and :ran: - some spirits from Ranger are totally op in Paraway :)

- before you aggro enemies, target a random enemy and manually cast [Finale of Restoration], as well as [Energizing Finale] - This way the heroes with those skills have them on themselves already and after their cooldown is refreshed they will immediately cast it on all others - so your group is protected

- don't be afraid of [Spiteful Spirit] - you wont die as long as you keep attacking and spamming your shouts - if you have [Empathy] on yourself or even both it's a different story

- I used Consets and some standard Pcons in all HM areas you will see here - in NM you don't need a Conset, but you might want to add the [Aggressive Refrain]

- when using Consets, beware of the usage of ["They're on Fire!"] (Cooldown is faster then the 10sec Duration, so Heroic Refrain and Mending Refrain will run out if you spam the skill)

- I didn't use any Summoning Stones in any of my runs so i have the pure Paragon feeling :) - Obviously it should be stronger with those

- Hero-Paraway in the past lacked Damage, which is why you will see me run the Dagger Heroic Refrain Version almost every time

- I cast Heroic Refrain twice on myself and then once on the Hero with Mending Refrain. After that I start moving and recast Heroic Refrain and Mending Refrain on all other heroes while walking and fighting - I don't disable the Mending Refrain skill, so the Hero casts it automatically on all other Heroes which suffer from Health Degeneration

Equipment

Human Player

Weapons:

Dagger / +5 Energy / Zeal / Armor +5

Spear / +5 Energy / Furious / Armor +5 - Shield / +30 Hp / Reduces Blind Duration 20%

Bow for Pulling

Runes:

Sup Leadership / Sup Vigor / Vitae / Vitae / Clarity / 5x Centurions

Hero 1

Weapons:

Sword / +5 Energy / Zeal / +30 Hp - Tactics Shield / +30 Hp / Reduces Blind Duration 20%

Spear / +5 Energy / Furious / +30 Hp - Command Shield / +30 Hp / Reduces Blind Duration 20%

Hammer / +5 Energy / Sundering / +30 Hp

Runes:

Major Command / Sup Vigor / Minor Leadership / Vitae / Clarity / 5x Centurions

Hero 2

Weapons:

Spear / +5 Energy / Furious / +30 Hp - Motivation Shield / +30 Hp / Reduces Blind Duration 20%

Runes:

Major Leadership / Sup Vigor / Minor Motivation / Minor Spear / Clarity / 5x Centurions

Hero 3

Weapons:

Spear / +5 Energy / Furious / +30 Hp - Command Shield / +30 Hp / Reduces Blind Duration 20%

Sword / +5 Energy / Furious / +30 Hp - Tactics Shield / +30 Hp / Reduces Blind Duration 20%

Runes:

Major Leadership / Sup Vigor / Minor Command / Minor Spear / Clarity / 5x Centurions

Hero 4

Weapons:

Spear / +5 Energy / Furious / +30 Hp - Motivation Shield / +30 Hp / Reduces Blind Duration 20%

Runes:

Major Leadership / Sup Vigor / Minor Motivation / Minor Spear / Clarity / 5x Centurions

Hero 5

Weapons:

Runes:

Major Motivation / Sup Vigor / Minor Leadership / Minor Spear / Clarity / 5x Centurions

Hero 6

Weapons:

Runes:

Hero 7

Weapons:

Runes:

Ok I hope you will have some fun trying out these builds and enjoy some Paragon Gameplay.

Please give me some time to fill up those pages ^^

Edited 8 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 1:23 AM).

• Dungeons

Catacombs of Kathandrax

Well Knockdown is key in this Dungeon. That's why [Great Dwarf Weapon] is really strong here - just recast on any ally whenever possible.

The Combination of [Greater Conflagration] and [Winter] is really strong in this dungeon as well as [Ward Against Elements].

If you precast your [Finale of Restoration] as described in the General Tips you are fine. Positioning at the last boss is a bit important - apart from that the dungeon actually kinda felt not that hard.

Player: OQej0xmDKTOMMMHMWYri9YAhn1A

H1: OQGkQtVoJimTRpvwVswqMfc9+ED

H2: OQCkUem6pimDEOIHhDxXYScKWGD

H3: OQKkgtloZiiDE+B7cswRnwPJueD

H4: OQCjUinMqOQ4gcGWEzh7wpYVMA

H5: OQakkwl25hmDEuryhDxvCYRKWeD

H6: OQikIul4ZiiDEuIjxs3Z4TcKWeD

H7: OQOl0YPSJeuo68uJJt4OsZ8lkil3

Edited 10 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 1:25 AM).

• Rragar's Menagerie

Not much to say about Rragars. Dungeon is straight forward. Keep in mind to activate Ebon Title. You could consider bringing [Holy Spear] instead of [Wearying Spear] because of those Ghost Spammers.

H3: OQikIuloZiiDE+BjxswR4wPJmeD

H5: OQakkwl25hmDEuryhDx9QYRKWeD

Edited 7 times, last by Kugiini (February 6, 2022 at 3:20 PM).

• Cathedral of Flames

This was the first Dungeon I did. I would strongly recommend bringing [Holy Spear] instead of [Wearying Spear]. Your damage should be way higher.

Also one copy of [Can't Touch This!] should be enough (only works against Headbut from Ghouls) - consider bringing a second copy of [Blazing Finale], ["Find Their Weakness!"] or [Stand Your Ground!]

All in all a pretty easy Dungeon to get a good grip of how the Teambuild works. I would recommend it as the first try. (Or the Snowman Dungeon)

Player: OQej0xmDKTOMMMHMWYtl9YAhn1A

H1: OQGkQtVoJimTRpvwVswqMfc9meD

H3: OQOk4sloZiiDE+BvQswR4wPJmeD

H5: OQakkwl25hmDEurWh5whYYRKWeD

Edited 5 times, last by Kugiini (February 6, 2022 at 3:20 PM).

• Ooze Pit

Even the mass Ooze Spawns at the end were no real threat.

Heroes use [Brace Yourself!] quite good.

I put in [Greater Conflagration] cause Ooze have less armor vs Elemental Damage. There should be no problem if you switch it out for either ["It's Just a Flesh Wound."] or even [Infuriating Heat]

H3: OQKkgRlp5iqDE+BfhtwRnwPJuGD

Edited 6 times, last by Kugiini (February 6, 2022 at 5:54 PM).

• Darkrime Delves

This Dungeon is just shit :) Not hard but boring. Beware of those necro dryders Dreadgaze Dryders, which use [Vocal Minority] and those Mist Vaettirs, which use [Sympathetic Visage]. Apart from that it comes down to not forget using [Don't Trip!] at the right time, so that your hero backline won't be interrupted while casting [Ward of Stability].

I'm not sure, if [Quivering Blade] is the best choice.

Also the skill [Sundering Weapon] underperformed a lot, because heroes were not casting it regularly.

One [Can't Touch This!] vs the Stormcloud Incubus and their [Shock] is enough.

Player: OQej0xmDKTOMMMHMWYoi9YAhn1A

H1: OQGkQtVoJimTRhvxVswqMfc9+ED

H3: OQikAuloZiiEE2DGZoFWEW4HJG9G

H5: OQakkwl25hmDEuryhDxqOYRKWeD

H6: OQikAul4ZiiEEWRGZo9WG2JWKm8G

Edited 5 times, last by Kugiini (February 6, 2022 at 5:43 PM).

• Frostmaw's Burrows

Long, but fun dungeon.

I removed the Swordpara for an extra Hex-Remover to get rid of [Wurm Bile (monster skill)] - [Nature's Renewal] helps as well.

The Skill [Angelic Protection] is extremely useful, if you want to facetank those mass Stormcloud Incubus.

The [Ebon Vanguard Assassin Support] is perfect, to trigger the Wurm Spawns.

Most enemies are weak to fire damage, which is why [Greater Conflagration] is in the teambuild.

Player: OQej0xmDKTOMMMHMWY7i9YAhn1A

H1: OQWkMglpZiqDE2CPC1d1Yfc9meD

H3: OQKkgNlpJjmDE+Bbh5ORnwPJmeD

Edited 6 times, last by Kugiini (February 6, 2022 at 5:50 PM).

• Sepulchre of Dragrimmar

Very fast and in my opinion fun dungeon. You can perma Knockdown the Boss with [Great Dwarf Weapon], which makes the Bossfight easy.

The same things apply as mentioned before.

[Greater Conflagration] for nice fire dmg against all frost guys.

[Ward Against Elements] is useful in every Dungeon with frost elementals.

And Dreadgaze Dryders as well as those Ranger Spirit Spammer Whirling Defense Guys need to die as well (jsut the spirits not the Whirling Defense dudes ...)

You could consider replacing some [Wearying Spear] for [Holy Spear] to deal with those Whirling defense Spiritspammer dudes faster

H3: OQKkgRlp5iqDE+BfhtwRnwPJmeD

Edited 5 times, last by Kugiini (February 6, 2022 at 6:05 PM).

• Raven's Point

I was a bit lazy with the builds here. Obviously Destroyers can't burn. So [Blazing Finale] is taking away a spot at least for the second half of the dungeon. Also you will only need one copy of ["Can't Touch This!"].

You should consider replacing one with a second ["Find Their Weakness!"]

Combination of [Greater Conflagration] with [Winter] is a strong combination against Destroyers.

Since you will do only Elemental Damage, I really like the [Ward of Weakness], especially in the last fight.

[Great Dwarf Weapon] can be replaced by [Asuran Scan] to deal with those Rangers.

Don't forget to show your Deldrimor Title.

H3: OQKkgZlp5imDE+B7cswRnwPJmeD

H5: OQakkwl25hmDEuryhDxRfYRKWeD

Edited 4 times, last by Kugiini (February 6, 2022 at 8:11 PM).

• Vloxen Excavations

Vloxen was more fun than expected.

The first Stone Summits have given me headaches with every other teambuild, but with Paraway it was actually smooth. Try to take out Stone Summit Defenders first.

[Frozen Soil] is mandatory in the first level of this dungeon. You should disable it and just manually cast it when facing Stone Summits. I always flag this hero back -> cast [Frozen Soil] -> remove Flag. This way the spirit wont die during the fights.

[Holy Spear] is obviously very good vs Undead Enemies.

One Copy of ["Can't Touch This!"] should be enough - you will find a replacement :)

Zoldark was a piece of cake.

H2: OQCkUem6pimUoYQWEWI2FGJWKmMG

H3: OQKkgNlpJjmUo4D21hFWEW4HJG9G

H4: OQCjUinMqShiPYZYiYcYdYpYqYA

H5: OQakkwl25hmUoYXFHWIWPEsQKm8G

H6: OQikIul4ZiiUoYRGGj9WG2JWKm8G

Edited 5 times, last by Kugiini (February 6, 2022 at 9:48 PM).

• Bogroot Growths

I was under the impression, that those Frogs can knockdown you with a touch skill - guess I'm wrong. So ["Can't Touch This!"] is actually not needed.

Bring some [Holy Spear] instead of [Wearying Spear], becasue there are a lot of spirit spammers.

[Technobabble] is really good against those mass enemy balls.

All in all - easy Dungeon

Edited 5 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 1:29 AM).

• Bloodstone Caves

Second Level can be a pain, with those awakening Undead Enemies. Personally, I would rather take [Asuran Scan] than [Technobabble].

The Blind condition can get you wiped. You could even consider replacing [Anthem of Fury] on Hero H3 for ["It's Just a Flesh Wound."].

Again replace some [Wearying Spear] for [Holy Spear] to do more damage to the Undeads.

Edited 5 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 1:29 AM).

• Shards of Orr

One of my all time favourite Dungeons. I used to run other people with 600HP Monk back in the days, and later did some solo Dervish runs.

[Holy Spear] and [Asuran Scan] are key skills. The [Holy Spear] deals super damage to Undeads and is a nice Fendi killer in the end through the AoE effect, if you kill the Spirits from the Ritualist Spawns.

Try to pull single groups. At the End of the First Level I ran through those 3 Groups. The Undead Priests and Clerics are really annoying. Sometimes I wish I could take another PvE-Skill ([Technobabble]), but it is as it is.

["Can't Touch This!"] is soooo good vs the Undead Elementalists ^^

Fun Dungeon to run - try it out!

Player: OQej0xmDKTOMMMHMWYvl9YAhn1A

H1: OQOk4glpZiqUoov4ChF2PmPW9G9G

H3: OQikIuloZiiUoovIGjFWEW4HJG9G

H4: OQCjUinMqShiBZZYiYcYdYpYqYA

H5: OQakkwl25hmUoYXFHWImqDsQKm8G

H6: OQikIul4ZiiUoovIGj9WG2JWKm8G

Edited 6 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 1:30 AM).

• Oola's Lab

No explanationa needed I think. One of the easiest Dungeons there is.

H3: OQikIuloZiiDE+BjxswR4wfNmeD

H4: OQCjUinMqOQ4HcGWEzh7wpYVMA

Edited 4 times, last by Kugiini (February 6, 2022 at 11:49 PM).

• Arachni's Haunt

This Dungeon made my hair turn grey. Sooooo much physical hate in form of blocking skills ... [Asuran Scan] is a must have in there. Always focus on the Monk Spiders first. The rest will surely die with all of those Stance Removal skills in the Skill Templates ^^. Beware of Popups and always try to precast [Finale of Restoration] before each fight as mentioned in the first Post.

["Can't Touch This!"] can be replaced by other cool things. By now you might have noticed, that I was actually a bit lazy to always remove that skill ^^

This Dungeon is really no fun with a full physical team setup.

Player: OQej0xmDKTOM+PHMWYvl9YAhn1A

H1: OQGkQtVoJimTQpvwVswqMfc9meD

H2: OQCkUem6pimDEuIHhDxXYScKWGD

H3: OQikIuloZiiDEuIjxswR4wfNmeD

H4: OQCjUinMqOQ4icGWEzh7wpYVMA

H5: OQalkgLapdeo5AhfHc4QcP0plil3

Edited 3 times, last by Kugiini (February 6, 2022 at 11:54 PM).

• Slaver's Exile

The Holy Grail of Dungeon Runs I think.

All 4 Side bosses and the way to them require pulling enemies. You have to try to kill the Stone Summit Defenders first.

[Frozen Soil] should always be up. As mentioned before, disable the automatic skill usage of [Frozen Soil] and flag this hero back before manually casting it.

[Greater Conflagration] is really useful against those Stone Summits. Since all damage is converted to fire damage, their [Barbs] won't trigger anymore, resulting in a great damage reduction.

[Holy Spear] is great against those popping Spirits here and there, and against those massive amounts of minions.

Two copies of [Splinter Weapon] are almost a must have against that many enemies - as well as Knockdown Protection.

The rest depends on how well you can pull, block, maybe ball up enemies and if you can actually admit that you have to run away some times ^^

In the Dungeon with Forgewight don't place [Greater Conflagration] when facing against Elemental Enemies (just at Stone Summits)

Skill Setup for the first 4 Bosses

H1: OQKkgRlppiuUo4DmF21R0hPW9G9G

H3: OQikIuloZiiUoYQGGzFWEW4HJG9G

H6: OQikIul4ZiiUo4DGGj9WG2JWKm8G

Duncan

The last part is the Boss it self. By far the hardest part is actually getting to this dude. Careful Pulling is advised. There are a ton of Ghost Popups. When facing those Ghosts, always try to kill the ones first, that are casting [Spiteful Spirit]. These enemies can easily overhex you, so you have to be extra careful. The second copy of [Splinter Weapon] is not needed. Consider replacing Hero H3 with another Hexremover like in Frostmaw's.

Killing Duncan himself is a piece of cake. The plan was to lure the dude inside his spirits and kill him with AoE Damage from [Holy Spear]. But he wasn't commited to take my cookies and stayed where he was ... But Spear damage is good enough to kill him and he is not doing any damage to you. As soon as his spirits spawn you can jsut kill them with [Holy Spear].

Please don't ask me, why I haven't changed the placement of Skill Nr. 1 and Nr. 2 on the Player bar ... even my OCD kicks in.

Player: OQGjUimKKTPYhiWYieXF9YAhn1A

H1: OQKkgRlppiuUo4DmF21R0hPW9G9G

H3: OQikIuloZiiUoYQGGzFWEW4HJG9G

Edited 4 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 12:24 AM).

• Secret Lair of the Snowmen

Easy Dungeon. [Splinter Weapon] clears the Dungeon. Just be careful at the last fight.

Edited 2 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 12:28 AM).

• Heart of the Shiverpeaks

Again ... not of my favourites. The Dungeon is straight forward, but the Boss (Magmus) is just stupid. I didn't know that it spawns a hell lot of Ooze and wiped there once. If you know, whats coming this Dungeon should be easy.

Player: OQej0xmDKTOMMMHMvlWY9YAhn1A

H3: OQOk4sloZiiDE+BvQswR4wPJmeD

Edited 2 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 12:34 AM).

• End Game Areas

Tomb of the Primevil Kings

I did this right after Cathedral of Flames. From todays perspective I would change Hero H5 to H5 from Secret Lair of the Snowman with Knockdown Protection.

Beware of Popups and precast your stuff, then this Area is not that hard. Focus down the Clerics first, than you are good to go.

These Mesmer Bosses declined dropping a Green Item for me :(

H5: OQakkwl25hmDEurWh5whYYRKWeD

Edited 2 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 12:40 AM).

• Sorrow's Furnace

In my opinion, Sorrow's Furnace has the most beautiful scenery, which is why I added some more Screenshots ^^

The fights in this area are actually quite easy, which is why I brought a HammerGon along. (I actually think about a build with 5 HammerGons for some other stuff in the Future xD)

But this Area is actually harder than it looks - questwise. Those NPC's you need to protect in those quests are squishy as hell and when you haven't done these quests in quite some time, than it is actually very easy to fail in there ^^ (happened more times than I'm willing to admit)

Especially Hight Priest Alkar in his Quest: Unspeakable, Unknowable deserves a high ranking in my NPC-I-Hate-the-Most-List, right next to Togo and Mhenlo

You have to attack those Dredges once and run back immediately to protect the dude. Then go back to the Dredges and kill them just to run back to the Dude again to protect him, cause aggroing and actually killing the Dredges will spawn Groups of enemies which will kill him in mere seconds. I placed 3 of my Paragons up the Hill above him to get the Aggro and it was still close ... Anyway here are the builds, I used to finish this Area.

I was neither amazed not disappointed with the HammerGon - still I think it can be more refined.

H1: OQGkMtVoJimTe7sI+G18kriPevB

H3: OQikIuloZiiDEOIjxuwR4wPJmeD

Edited 4 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 1:08 AM).

• Fissure of Woe

The classic Fissure of Woe. This area is not that hard, if you know how to use a bow to pull enemies. The only critical moment I had was in the Forge where you have to protect the Forgemaster while those Shadow Beasts run up the Hill and cast [Spiteful Spirit] on your group. That alone is no problem since you outheal the Spiteful Spirit Damage quite easy, but it damages the Forgemaster as well if your heroplacement is off a bit and I nearly wiped that way. Apart from that you have to look out for a combination of [Spiteful Spirit] and [Empathy]. The Burning Forest was actually no problem at all, but these Undead Groups with the Skeletal Bond / Skeletal Icehand / Skeletal Ether Breaker are really hard to deal with.

Since I haven't done any FOW-SC in quite some years I didn't know the aggro bubble of those griphons you have to protect. That's why I took the long way through the forest at that quest and cleared all enemies before leading the griphons.

Edited 2 times, last by Kugiini (February 7, 2022 at 1:18 AM).