Chest Run [ Nightfall ] Lair of the Forgotten > Poisoned Outcrops (Ancient Flatbow)

• Chest Run [ Nightfall ] Lair of the Forgotten > Poisoned Outcrops (Ancient Flatbow)

Based on my own experience, this chest run is ideal to get the Ancient Flatbow.

The chests also drop the other Ancient weapons randomly (and variations of the same bow), but in particular this flatbow. From 35 runs it dropped me 10 times or so, including the purple Ancient Daggers (uncommon) and purple Ancient Scythe (uncommon).

There are 12 possible spawns of the Locked Chest following the route. Sometimes many may appear, and sometimes only a couple, so the time of running may vary depending your luck based on how the server has loaded the content of the zone.

The Birthday Cupcake is recommended to go faster (but not absolutely necessary), you only need 1 each run to complete the route with the boost of speed always activated.

Any regular build for running is good, so put the one you prefer. I leave the one I use as Elementalist because it works for me, but you can use almost whatever you want.

CampaignNightfall
    Run locationPoisoned Outcrops
    Starting pointLair of the Forgotten
    ModeHard Mode
    Number of chests (type: Locked Chest)12 (total)
    Average time5-10 minutes (depending on how many of the 12 chests appear)
    "Full" or "Partial" map runFull
    Type of dropAncient Flatbow, Ancient Longbow, Ancient Shortbow, Ancient Hornbow, Ancient Recurve Bow, Ancient Daggers, Ancient Scythe
    RarityPurple + Gold
    OS (OldSchool) or InscribableInscribable
    Consumable (optional, not required)Birthday Cupcake
    Build (general use)OgdTkYG/H6u8rSboBaCimE3xlBA

• It's great that there is a renewed interest in Ancient weapons, whether it be curiosity or the final needs of a collector. I posted the worm chest run for Ancient weapons and have since tried out this run as well. This run is a nice change from the worm run. I enjoy that it is a real chest run with many chests. Thanks you!

• It's great that there is a renewed interest in Ancient weapons

In fact I was motivated to do this thanks to your wurm run, but after no luck with the bow/daggers I wanted to try a different map. I saw in the discussion page of the weapon that it drops from two different chests, so I tossed the coin (in my favor, luckily). Days later I saw in Kamadan that there were more people trying to buy the bow, so I decided to make a thread with the run like yours.

• In fact I was motivated to do this thanks to your wurm run, but after no luck with the bow/daggers I wanted to try a different map. I saw in the discussion page of the weapon that it drops from two different chests, so I tossed the coin (in my favor, luckily). Days later I saw in Kamadan that there were more people trying to buy the bow, so I decided to make a thread with the run like yours.

Yeah at this point what I do with the worm run. I just enter and search the sulfuric region for 1-2 chests. There is about a 50-60% chance of at least one chest and then the run takes only 1 minute. So it's easily repeatable. Yet, with the vast range of items that can drop, a q9 Ancient bow is quite tricky. After two q10 Ancient recurve bows, I'm still searching for the q9 to finish my ancient bow collection. And now I'm onto skull bows which drop from both your chest run and the worm. But these seem to be quite rare also. Anyways, best of luck!