Posts by NeoAnderson

I've been playing GW1 since the days of factions but took a long break.
    Now I'm back to taste the old skool gw1 again and in the same time get my hall of monuments up to speed.
    I wanna do things in GW1 I was never able to do in the past but lack the guild & guildies to do allot of things.
    Also forgot a whole lot about the game after all this while so if you're making a guild with lots of helpfull players I'm more than willing to join it ::D

My ingame main character name: 'Orlando Peacecraft' :)

Welcome back! Saw you made it onto the Discord too - I'll look you up in game :)

Its a shame Anet isnt as involved in moderation as they could be - even just one GM for an hour a day could be enough to IP ban the accounts being used to blatantly ban this stuff. The issue is for some reason people are obviously buying from them or they wouldn't be there!

Tempted to start a KickStarter to fund a GM for GW 1 haha!

Neo,

I'm in the same boat! I've made a few friends via sales and PUGs but being a Brit the timezone difference makes it a little difficult. I imagine a number of the members on here are already tied to a particular guild but it would be great to have the option of a Legacy related Guild!
    Either way feel free to add me IG and we can look to get some UK timezone friendly stuff going!
    IGN: Ddraeg Gwella

PS I currently have severe internet issues so can't be online anywhere near as much as I like!

Yeah it seems people are more comfortable with their long standing communities, which is understandable of course! Still would be nice for us all to have a central platform :)

Will definitely add you for some UK hour fun haha!

Hi all,

Like a fair few people I've seen posting recently I'm an old school GW player, peaking between 2005-2008 (ahhh the good ol' days) - I'm now making my return!

I was so glad to hear that this community existed (thanks Kev and team!) as it has already made me more interested in sticking around. I believe half the battle of getting old timers to stick in GW1 following a long hiatus is to surround them in community. I've been going for LDoA in pre-searing and have met some super people (big shout out to the pre-searing boards). If it wasnt for that I'm not sure i'd have stayed beyond my nostalgic sigh and brief trip round all the old haunts!

One of the things Im scared about is venturing out into the campaigns and feeling empty - the solution - join a guild! Somehow my guild is still standing with the average member/officer on away for 7 years!!

Speaking to a friend of mine, he mentioned that there used to be a very successful Reddit guild which really kept a core group of players going and created a thriving alliance! Sadly this has since disintegrated and the GW community have been fragmented ever since....that is until the phenomenal success of GW Legacy!! 1000 members is truly amazing!!

I was therefore wondering if there were any plans to capitalize on this and help shape this community in the game? With an alliance structure that helps keep players focused on what they enjoy whilst enjoying the wider community - guilds within the alliance specializing in speed runs, PvP (whats left of it), late game content, new players, returning players, pure social etc.

I'm in the process of finding a new guild to call home - as an Brit living on the American 1 server i'm struggling to be active when the US is online, but with a wide Legacy alliance I'm sure this wouldnt be a problem!

Anyone, just one old school GW players thoughts - looking to recapture the magic!

Returning to guild wars - played 2005-2008 - excited to be back!! Cant believe its been 12 years since it all began!

Soooo glad to see a community here - hope to get to know you all - I have a lot of questions haha, time to relearn the game!