Posts by Middie321

there can still be an element of luck. I'm not dismissing it entirely. What I think should be the case, though is that round one of prizes should be based on quality of screenshots, and then round 2 can be based on the numbers. The point of a competition is to whittle down the finalists to a group of quality participants. If everyone has equal chance, what's the point? I like the premise of this first go at a comp, just think priority was given to the less skillful element :P. I'm happy to hear what others think though!

I think I inferred something different about the nature of this competition. To be clear, I'm not the least bit irked by the outcome :P, but the title of "Best Screenshot" led me to think the judging would be solely about who took the best picture, and not who happened to luck out with the numbers game. It seems to me this was a raffle or a lottery, as opposed to a skillful contest. I would like to see another version of this premise in the future, and have it be judged by subjective taste at it's core -- perhaps with a panel of three judges? Make skill the winning factor, not luck :) Thanks, Lexx, looking forward to the next pot!