Posts by Lord Asakurra

Well, missions might turn into a Let's Play seeing as there is a plethora of guides and tips available for those. The one area I was mainly thinking about was vanquishes- I know some very efficient routes for a lot of the longer, more painstaking areas of each campaign that I know a lot of people overlook.

On the unnecessity of multiple classes, I figured I could incorporate certain mechanics the game had before the 7-hero team builds became a thing, such as only using henchmen for prophecies/factions, using only 3 heroes for Nightfall, etc. to give those who don't have access to the mercenary packs some sort of reference when they're playing.

I would have to disagree with you though, Marty, as a lot of players (from playing with a vast amount of people over 10 years) attempt to rush certain areas and find themselves wiping constantly without understanding hero AI or how to control heroes without flagging them. Pointing out certain mob types to set as a priority in fights is something I haven't seen in a lot of guides other than your average speed clear guide.

On the cartography note, I know there are a lot of situations where players are having to run back through certain areas of the map to fully uncover certain slivers when they can be uncovered by simply approaching that section of the map a different way. I know I don't know EVERY golden spot, but I do know the basics of preventing those troublesome slivers from appearing.

Just some responses to some of the stuff I've seen you guys write so far, the feedback is definitely helping me figure out what to focus on and what not to, though!

FYI, streaming would be ideal before making those guides, however I'm not sure my upload speed would be enough to stream quality gameplay. Current SpeedTest report says my upload peaks at 6.5mb/s and hovers ~3.5mb/s. If anybody knows a way to optimize that without handing extra dough over to my somewhat slacking cable provider (fiber not available in my area) then I could see about setting up OBS to stream.

Again, I appreciate the feedback from just two days of this thread sitting here!

If this is the wrong board for this please move, I'm known to be dumb

Seeing as my career has been put on hold for another year I have decided to get back into the game, however with a lack of goals currently I find myself sitting in Kamadan or GToB with no motivation to do anything. That being said, I'm posting to see how interested people would be in having video guides for every vanquish/mission/cartography spot for Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall? I would make the series for all 10 professions if I see enough interest, however I would need some serious help with the background tasks of said videos as I have 0 experience with video capture, editing, etc. If I see enough interest in this sort of thing, please post here or link this thread to other sources.

If enough interest is shown or if enough people are willing to help, I will start making plans right away. Thanks for your time everybody!

EDIT- Also, if anybody could link this to the FB groups that would be awesome as I don't have a FB account anymore. Thanks!