Posts by Mastinoo

Ariyen I understand that money talks. Trust me I paid my own way through college and finishing up my MBA while I’m working full-time as a business account manager for a telecom company. If you read the main post again you will see that EMPEROR has mentioned finances as the most important core issue for this. That is why our core team consists of MBAs, FEs and several BEs to get this done right. Now why would I state that the financial issue would be spoken of a little further down the line then? Well gathering votes will take enough time let alone a petition. As you can imagine I don’t have time like I used to back in my teens. So before, I would spend time on making financial calculations which do take a lot of effort. I would want to be sure that there is enough interest of the community for me to be as dedicated as can be. But if I were to spend the time and we wouldn’t even get 500 votes it would be a waste of time. This is sad but true. Not just for me but for anyone involved.

And if I think that 500 votes is a starting point to make calculations, what would Anet think? So there is enough time unless magically tomorrow we have 10k votes. Do not worry about the financial situation it will be sorted in due time. Ideas and calculations have already been made just not as in-depth as the need to be. But they will be before we would even knock on the door.

For now we need public acknowledgement and support. So let’s get those votes. And fight as hell to get us that expansion.

Ariyen

I see your points and I do agree with you on getting involvement on youtube, twitch, ect.

Yet you keep bouncing on issues that are further down the line. As I stated the financial issue is not something we should think about untill we gather atleast 500 votes to start a petition. Yes stating that there are problems with gold sellers and bots and if it will be profitable are things we need to hear and they will be noted. But we’re not at the stage yet to allready have solutions for them. Stage 1 means getting the word spread out there. Start with 500 votes on a poll and then start a petition. Once the petition hits let’s say 5k signatures then we start to think about the issues you represent. Why then because then you can ask an invested community of people who’m want the same thing. And once you get the petition rolling more people will give their insight on the issues you state and problems will be easier to solve. Yet I do not understand why you would be so negative towards this post. It seems as if you have a bet that gw1 should never have another expansion / love toward it. I understand that we may not think the way you do nor do you think it will succeed but let us give it a try atleast. And if you do have some inside knowledge I would happily be a listening ear to that. But again the issues you stated are noted and will be spoken of when the time is there to do so. I would like to thank you for your input! And if there’s more we need to know do be sure to tell us!

I’m sorry for any grammatical errors and/or typo’s I woke up 30 minutes ago wich is around 2am and am going back to sleep now.

I'm going to counter your points as I see them. I'm willing to open up discussion here since multiple POV's will be able to think about "issues" that we might not have seen before.

1. Saying it won't happen never made anything happen. You cannot go to a company already thinking it won't happen.

2. Our player base might not be what it used to be yet there are still some active players. Then again indeed it wouldn't be enough to fully operate the game and make it profitable. So what would you do? Get a petition like this going gather people IE a snowball effect. Then once you're finally there and gather enough people by immense time of dedication you go and think about your options. For instance you would give every GW2 account GW1 prophecies for free. People who'm have never played might actually start playing and there might be a profit. You cannot clearly bring this to NCSOFT as of yet. Since you do not have the numbers nor the manpower to actually bring anything to the table. But we're at the start I mean you have to start somewhere. Again it will take time but it will grow. I'm here to give it a shot at least.

3. NCSOFT hasn't dropped GW. If they truly dropped GW we would not be able to play I mean look at WILDSTAR it got dropped as of today it is closing down soon and that is because it had an even lower pop than GW and higher running cost. So if anything NCSOFT has not dropped GW they still earn enough I still see new players buying GW it is still going strong. Not as strong as it used to but still strong enough.

4. You know what is an old game? WoW! And you know what they have? Artists! Ooh and not to forget a team that is now working on legacy servers. All these people who'm wouldn't be interested in an "old" game. And not to forget that they merged with activision a publisher many times worse than NCSOFT. Look at the revenue numbers of game under activision and then check out ncsofts revenue per game and then say which one has the bigger chance to open a legacy program. Even with wildstar being taken down might make it an even bigger possibility with one of their absolute best sellers to return to the scene.

5. Legal would truly be your last issue. You do not go to a company with an idea and bring it to legal first. You get it heard by the departments you want. Your best in is always marketing in a company. Why? Well if you get marketing on board they will practically sell your idea to the top without you needing to sweat as hard. Trust me your pitch would still be nerve wrecking and hard to do but easier if you get in through marketing. They would be able give you the numbers you'd need. They know their clientele and have the info you need, to show them that the game might actually be profitable. Once you got this rolling and the top would be on board then you look at your legality. And if I think to know anything about this, is that a company like Anet and a publisher like NCSOFT will do anything to get through the legal issues if they are on board. You cannot look at end-game problems if your just at the start. Hell try to solo urgoz as a level one it would be the same thing.

6. The financial issue is nor isn't an issue as of yet. You do not have the numbers you need to calculate if the game will be profitable or not. You do not have the margins yet. Nor any chance calculations. Unless we do what we're doing we will never be able to make these calculations. But we're still miles away from this issue. And again looking at Wildstar if there was a financial issue GW wouldn't be around anymore.

7. Didn't they recently add a report system? And again this is an issue that can be solved fairly easily but for a future date. And you will always have trolls.

8. Hacking is a problem in any online game and if you fix it they will find a new way. If this movement gets enough attention and GW starts to rise again there will be a team delivering new content and fixing backdoor.

I would like to thank you for your input and if you do not agree with me I'm always open for discussion. :)

I do understand that making a game isn't: "poof" new expansion for you.

And this might take months even years to achieve what we would like to achieve with this movement, it could also be that nothing will be accomplished. But if we don't try there never will be a chance. And I'd rather want a slim chance than not even trying at all. Again the industry quote of "You think you do, but you don't" showed that a small chance is worth fighting for.

To be honest tho, this would never have gotten the hype if a team of people didn’t start a private server and allready fixed bugs balanced stuff and added new content on their own. All this while not being in shady practices like donation gear and so forth. This team is now spearheading the way to get it back up. Sadly we did never see that in this beautiful game as they keep everything in house. If Anet were to make it like blizz that everyone could make their own and a movement like that would generate the same noise. We are talking that the private server had almost more active players than retail back in the day. I do think we could have them split resources to GW1.

For now this is a great movement and we should tally up some votes. Is it going to be enough? I do not think so but it’s a start. Let’s start by getting the snowball rolling. And if my MBA told me anything looking at the numbers there still is a chance! The game is and can be still profitable. Everybody is talking about the resources it would take yet it would be a far cheaper investment to get Anet to open GW to be experimented on by the community. And give rise to private servers. Cause then you will find your talent and what will their training eventually cost Anet? Exactly! Nothing!

And like people said the big thing behind it being NCSOFT do not worry as a publisher wants to so money. If it gathers enough momentum and calculations are done they will see there will be enough money. But that will be further down the line and a worry to come once it’s here! Let’s focus on what we’re doing and keep it going!! And let’s get our own quote from Anet wich we can use against them!!

Hi there I'm Mastinoo,

I started playing Guild Wars at the launch of factions. I came over from a small and tiny game called runescape. Man how my 13 year old eyes were ready to take my hands into a proper online RPG. I remember starting a ranger which has stayed my main character up to the point that I quit. So I was hopping along on my freshly made ranger and got into shing jea monastery. My mind was blown to smitherines at the amount of graphical fidelity and ritualists dancing with spirits. Man I was sold! So I went on my quests through sunqua vale and got to minister cho's estate. I was soooooo happy because I tamed a FRIGGING tiger which I called Dutchy he's been my pet until I got my hands on a black widow spider of course and eventually my rainbow phoenix. But once in Cho's estate I was to go on my first mission. I died and died and died over and over. I was DONE with Guild Wars I would never touch this stupid game again.... Until 2 weeks later my cousin told me I could group up and if there were no one to group up with I could use henchmen, I felt so stupid!! But it got worse It was only at this point he pointed out that there were skills and mastery points...... So yes only at minister cho's estate I learned that there were skills as well as henchmen in the game (ashamed face). I tough i could have gotten anywhere by right clicking to attack and not use skills. Yep that stupid 13 year old....

After that I was in love with the game from the oh so different places like kaineng to the echovald forest to the jade sea I was in love to a higher degree. Only after I beat the campaign, completed urgoz and the deep, destroyed dhuum and the fissure of woe did I buy the prophecies campaign. I started to love the story more and more. Eventually came the pve masterpiece that was nightfall and My farming kid mind was happy AF. Then after I got so many ecto's from selling 2 Q9 ele swords I finally bought my obi armor and it was time to doe something else than title farming and bracelet farming it was time to spend most of my hours in HA. PvP became a true addiction for me. See before I started to PvP I had about 1800 hours. I just logged in and my years of pvping up until 2013 (when I quit) had gotten my hour count up top 14,000+ hours YIKES. But I was a great time and I do still have fond memories of those days.

Further about me:

I'm Dylan, 26 years old from a small city in the south of The Netherlands called Maastricht. I work as an account manager and am finishing up on a masters of business administration.

I hope to see this community grow and maybe we can get Guild Wars a little bit back to it's glory. I even saw posts of a petition to hopefully get a new campaign. I would only dream to see it come to fruition. If that truly happens count me in! For now I just downloaded the game again and hope to see some of you in game.

TL;DR I'm a 26 year old guy and 13 year veteran of the franchise played it for 14,000+ hours, Made some truly rookie mistakes and fell in love with the PvP aspect of the game eventually.

Friendly greetings,

Mastinoo