Posts by I pwnd U

I'm not a mod on Guru2, which is fine with me, so I don't know any differences between modding on vBulletin and on IPB. I know modding on vBulletin was super easy though. That thread got to go? Click, select delete, bye bye thread! So easy.

Too bad that the forum software they use is an utter piece of crap (talking from experience here). I had a (legal!) Invision Power Board 3 running, when I upgraded to IPB4, literally EVERYTHING broke. And that was a full release of commercial software.
    Eventually I had to migrate that other forum to MyBB... because that actually had a great and supported IPB4 converter. MyBB is however really good.

I'm not the only one with these issues though, as for example Neowin had issues for over a year following the upgrade and it broke everything on their site - commenting, the editor UI and so forth. It's still not 100% fixed over there, and that's one of the biggest IPB forums around.

That being said, enough about my hate for IPB (though I really used to love it!). Together, we can do everything we want!

Kev

Curse is to blame for the IPB forums. Guru1 was so slick and nice and then they wanted to do what they did over on Guru2. Completely different and definitely not as intuitive to use as vBulletin. I don't know much about forum software out there, but I loved Guru1 and really can't stand Guru2...

Ya she approached me about it. I just don't know how active I am going to be on here, so I didn't want to make a commitment that I couldn't fulfill. But I'll definitely be on here occasionally to say hi to people. Though the lack of an OTA area makes me a bit sad...

Uh, hi. I'm also a transfer over from GWGuru. Been a member there since Oct of 05 and I have been playing GW for about as long. I'm really not active on the game anymore but I stayed fairly active over on Guru in the OTA area. Figure I'd pop in and say hello as there are a lot of friendly faces who have come over.