Posts by Metalfyre

Hi, I just picked up GW again after 10 years. Started a new account with fresh characters. I am looking for an English or Dutch speaking EU guild. I have tried soloing this game, but I am at a point that it gets too difficult, seeing as I don't owe any hero's, I just have henchmen. The Villainy of Galrath is where I'm stuck at (got raped multiple times trying to do this with 2 of my characters, to no avail) and there's also the dreaded run from Beacon's Perch to Droknar's Forge that I haven't been able to do. So I though it's about time I find a guild with people willing to help me overcome obstacles like this. I am from Holland and usually play on the EU distrct (best fps and ping for me). I either play on my necro/mesmer called Lysha Amara or my ranger called Skadi Swiftbow. Please add me in game, or if you know a guild please send an invite. :) Thnx in advance. :cool:

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any loremasters out there that can help me with a few questions I've been struggling with. I have to warn you, I can be very elaborate sometimes, resulting in a "tl;dr" kinda text, but please bear with me, as I try to keep it as short as possible. :)

Question 1: When the Charr initiated the Searing, from where did they do this? The Northern Lands? Becuz pretty much everything in Ascalon was obliterated in such a way that it changed parts of the scenery and felt like a dystopian Mad Max like wasteland. The question is: How did the Charr themselves survive this Searing? It must have been initiated from within Ascalon I imagine. So wasn't there any danger to the Charr then as well??

Question 2: In GW2 it seems that in the last 250 years between the end of GW and the start of GW2, the landmass has risen. By that I mean for instance: there's the Kessex Hills (with emphasis on hills!). In GW there's a place called Kessex Peak, which, if I'm not mistaken, is a mountain. The Diessa Plateau (high ground) was once called the Diessa Lowlands. So, that gives us clues that the landmass must have risen. Also the remnants of the wall are not really that high, while te original wall in pre-searing (and also in parts in post-searing) was pretty darn high, so I don't believe that the landmass south of the wall stayed pretty much the same, while north of the wall everything seems to be higher up than it was the case in GW (post-searing). I mean, look at old Lion's Arch from GW, you can still see it's remnants under the waters surrounding the current GW2 Lion's Arch (and even that was changed in the Living Word tales as I understand and there had risen a new and even bigger Lion's Arch, right?) So, all these clues give that away. So the question is, at the Plains of Ashford (Where once Ascalon Ciry was) there's a statue of Balthazaar, but.. it's there in all it's glory (if I remember well, been a while since I played GW2). Shouldn't then at the very least, it's head only be showing? Instead of pretty much the whole statue in it's original full length??

Question 3 (last one): Is it, scientifically speaking, possible that the landscape changed as it did in Ascalon (barren wastelands) over just a short period of time like 250 years? Or how could this be explained? I mean,. I see the Searing as pretty much the same way as a nuclear holocaust, apart maybe from radio activity. But the sun got blotted out for the most part and only a hellish red sky remained over Ascalon. Would that landmass (old Ascalon) really have changed as much as it is now in GW2 based on the excrutiating power of the Searing?

I'm just curious about this as it at times just occured to me and I was like, yea, why is that? So I thought I'd give it a chance on a GW forum. Thanks in advance.