Posts by Expugnare

Don't know about PVP, but you definitely can use high set wands in PvE. . For an AP build a high set 20 HCT Wand (which is unable to be replicated by inscr) is super nice if you need a quick boost. For Ele you can use it to clinch a kill at super low energy with YMLAD/FH/RI and enable the casting chain again.

Triplemod is just icing on top.

Maybe.

Which one is yours, I forget?

I have one too which is 9/9/5e but 10/10/15-1 is hard to beat for me. I guess to a degree a high set smiting weap is unnecessary?

Aalternatively, maybe I'm just a sucker for perfects? Good triples are up there with uncods for utility for me though :P

You don't see rareskin wands with good mods like that, but its mod REALLY kills it, I think.

No one runs such high spawning with resto, to my knowledge.

Doubt it would be over 2a imo, which is sad cause it could have been amazing.

Tough to say.

True 20 20 Offhands are rare. Really, really rare. Some of the rarest items that can still drop today.

While this isn't a "true" 20 20 so to speak, Insp/Illu/Illu is probably the best sort of mixmod possible. It barely counts as a mixmod, and IMO is close to as valuable as a true 20 20. The big issue this item faces is high req into an unwanted attribute. That is what hurts it a lot, imo.

However it largely depends on interest. Look at Pleikki selling a Q12 20 20 Death Grim Cesta for 750e, but unable to get hits (which I think is kind of shocking.) On the other hand I recently bought a Q12 20/19 Flame Artifact for 750e, and would have gladly paid up to 1250e.

If you asked me I would not sell it below 100e, and it could be more, potentially. If it was lower req, it could be quite a big more.

Find yourself a mesmer collector and enjoy. I can think of at least three that would want this : )

I can't see the staff going for much tbh.

Q7 non max, awful singlemod. Maybe, maybe to a person very interested in OS/prenerfs. It is prenerf though which I guess makes it worth.... not nothing?

Maybe you can convince a collector it's worth an Arm or two. Seems like a hard ask though.

No idea about the other two, although I will add that I think that Storm
    Bow is pretty damn cool!

This is really an amazing thread.

Looking back on it, and looking back at what I've collected over the years it feels like a journey.

I had this game since the start but I guess I didn't get super into it until '07? Sometime in highschool.

I always knew I liked OS items, at that time mostly bows. Nonetheless, I fell in love, after a while, with my Ele, probably around '08-09.

Fire was always my fav attribute and I wanted to get some cool fire gear. I started with a Q8 Wayward Wand, which I ended up selling to Aris for 100k (lol) when strapped for cash (later rebought this for 10-20x this price :P)

That item started it for me, and led me to the first purchase I planned for, at that time, and still to me today, the most perfect staff in the game--a Q9 Fire 20/20 Celestial Staff, which could trace its lineage to White Wasabi, back then a very notorious player (note, Z Split also had Tramp Ollins identical staff, however I think White Wasabis was the higher gold value one, and the one I bought--I think WW confirmed it to me yrs later).

I had a running service and I remember running people for weeks to get enough money, 450e, back then a ton, and more than anyone else would pay so I could guarantee the purchase. I remember I haggled the seller, Z Split, down from 500 on the promise I would buy multiple of his items.

It was like owning a piece of GW history for me.

After that I bought a Q9 Fire Cele Scepter with 15/-1 and 20HCT, a Q9 Fire Wayward Wand with 5^50 and 20 HCT, and before I knew it I had a nice little collection. Since then it grew and grew, and I custo'd most everything. The first one to get my signature was my staff.

What I realize about his thread is that it really asks, if all your stuff is uncustod, what would you never, ever in a million years even think about selling.

Well my answer is that staff, my fire Cele. It's the one item that I've used more than any, and no other staff will touch it for me. I have gotten a lot of cool items since then, Q8 and Q9 rareskin Wands, 20 20 Wands and staves, tons of prenerfs, a Dragon staff that probably cost as much at the time as all my other ones put together, but out of all of those items, nothing compares to my Cele. I know now there are others like it, it's not close to unique the way some other people's, or even some of my own items are, but it was and always will be my perfect item.

Here it is--
    kFT7SuY.jpg

Love y'all, and all these stories.

[PhD] Yuko

The reverse is also true.

Ask Kromp/Kabong/Akh (if he ever comes back) etc if they'd trade a sword like this for a Panda and they would laugh in your face most likely.

Buying an item like this is not a sellers market. Same for a Kana.

@Max-- as much as I agree with you this shouldn't be an us vs them sort of mentality. GW is about anyone enjoying the game in whatever way they please. Even if it means collecting wierd greens or loving lame Asian minis. To each their own. Doesn't make them dumb, necessarily. The dumb thing is saying any mini is more RARE. That is just objectively wrong.

I know plenty of folks with Pandas, I don't know many people with an item like this. Nor do I know many people with uncustomized 15% unconditionals.

I've asked the Captain and he's told me he wouldn't even consider selling his axe for Kanaxai(s).

You clearly don't understand the rarity of a lot of these weapons, and I think you're making a lot of assumptions about wealth. Arms are cheap, even stacks of them. Minis are commonplace, yes even Pandas...

This sword is *relatively* commonplace as far as uber uber rares go and even this makes a Panda look common. It's a whole different order of magnitude. When we talk about perfect uncusto Q8 unconditionals, it becomes so rare it makes a Kanaxai look commonplace.

Remember that 28 Kanaxai is still 28x higher than 1, and don't forget how many Kanas and Pandas were duped. . .

Also lol@ the wealth comments. Classy

Speak for yourself, Jack. A Kanaxai/Panda doesn't mean dick to a lot of people (myself included).

Plenty have come and gone.

I agree that this Crysta is overhyped from a rational POV, but people are irrational over Crystas. It is the ultimate status symbol (much like a Kanaxai or Panda...). Try to remember the last time Kromps Axe was for sale, I don't think it fetched these prices. And an item like that is literally 20-30x more rare than any miniature.

I mean there are lots of things more rare than the Crysta, presumably. There's probably items that legitamitely never existed, like a Q8 20/20 truly matching attribute rare skin Wand (ever seen one, I mean like Q8 Dom 20 dom 20 dom Zodiac or Wayward?) I've seen at least 3 crystas...). It wouldn't even be a quarter of the price of a Crysta if it did exist. Which it doesn't.

Similarly things like Gutemuh's Q7 ES 20/20 Water Plagueborn focus might legit be rarest item in entire game. It certainly wouldn't cost as much as a Crysta.

Serpents, Dwarvens and Swamp Clubs are all arguably rarer. Heck I'd even wager the Q7 +5e Platinum Blade and Cele Swords are rarer too?

Rarity doesn't equal value sometimes. Sometimes it's just notoriety, isn't it?

Is there anything more notorious than the Q8 15^50 Crysta..? And if so, like Kromps Axe, would it actually sell for higher ?

Yeah I agree with Max.

Its probably more than any item in game. Even many unconditionals, just because it's so wanted and noticeable.

It's an item with no ceiling price wise.

In fact I can't even think off the top of my head any item that exists that would cost as much. An unded Kanaxai? Kromps Q8 15% unconditional Great Axe?

Maybe there are other things I don't know about, someone can fill me in because I'm curious ... is this the most expensive (in terms of glamour / demand) item in GW?

1 no way is this 7-20a. It's prenerf but it's also Q10.
    2 15-20a seems reasonable.
    3 agree with Blink4 agree with blink
    4 no idea
    5 I think anywhere from 5-30a. It's very hard to say. Could be higher, or lower. Depends on interest.
    6 no idea
    7 unsure
    8 unsure
    9 unsure
    10 Agree with above
    11 way overpriced. Better off hands than this struggle to sel for 50e. I'd say 10-15e max.
    12 no idea
    13 5e maybe

Cheers,

Yuko

This is interesting. The mod combination is not good, but the item itself is prenerf (true prenerf, if you will, so like near start of Factions time) if I'm not mistaken.

I'd say your best bet is to put it up and just see the bids you get.

The thing is this could go anywhere from 100e to 10a. Higher even. The market is so absurd right now that even prenerf singlemod staves are selling for hundreds of ecto with worse mods than this so...

Even though it makes no sense, just go for it, get some bids and see where it goes. If there is interest it could be worth a lot.

Good luck,

Yuko