Posts by Sadness

I fail to see how they could resolve this on their end. You are using an OS that was launched 20 years ago on 2001, discontinued on 2009 and we are in middle of 2018. Things, especially software related get obselete within weeks nowadays, hardware is even worse, it seems to me you are quite the lucky gal to kept it running without issues for so long.

Even though I know it sucks and it's heavily frustating since it's probably your main game the rational choice would be totally different. Guild Wars can be run on a toaster nowadays and the most basic to the core computer currently runs windows 10 smoothly and it's onboard video card can run guild wars easily so you don't even need to invest on hardware-end.

Anyhow, I hope you the best, it really sucks.

Before opinions like these " ^ " get into their (dev's) heads and other's "bitchings" as I saw on reddit, I really would love that these muffins/cupcakes get to them asap, so they would know that we support far more updates like these despite any circumstance.

People go ape when the "sugar rush" of having updates finishes, good lord.

You know what be really low hanging fruit?

Decrease some energy costs to Assassins chains, or at least some off-hand attacks. That wouldn't even qualify as balancing and would take almost nothing of their time, it's beyond low hanging fruit. For any opposers I know sins at PvE can handle themselfs without that. Nonetheless, I miss to a great extent playing them as HOW THEY WERE DESIGNED to be which is impossible right now.

About HA being back to 6 people Smoke Nightvogue, well I was one at that time really loved the change, since PUGing was still flooding HA, it was way easier to form teams to learn and effectively play without requirements, there were also a more variety of teams at that time with way less drama. Also on the plus side not only spiking was way harder, gimmicks builds were impossible to work.

Hey but not changing anything can work too. Hell it's been 8 years and counting and we can see things are just improving. *sarcasm off*

To be honest I'm one of those players that think that the main reason PvP failed at Guild Wars was also because there was too many "modes" to begin with.

It should be from the start just GvG, HA, RA and Fort Aspenwood all at the same map.

Having Alliance Battles, Jade Quarry, Hero Battles, Team Arenas (after Codex Arena) smaller arenas (for level 10 and below, etc) just scattered potential players (pvper's and pvx) from playing together. Hell until this day I can't believe that they took a shot on a model that requires 24 players to have ONE MATCH. Not even MMO such as FPS and MOBAS and other MMORPG's have a fight arena that require that much players together.

Guild Wars would benefit from a serious cleansing.

Meaw. I stumbled upon the "Guild Wars to do" list of Stephen and Lindsey. They kinda ruled out Balancing skills (Unlikely).

Well I would enforce the "soft" options which would be "cap" at least HA/GvG to 6 people. That would also lift the meta a bit. Maybe bring back Heroes, since there are roles that they do much better than humans anyway.

That measures seems to be easy enough and maybe would have a highly positve affect at the community, with results that could be foreseen in a month (MAT's and AT's) along with observable mode.

Edit: Bringing back Hero Battles would have such positive affect , but then I remembered that with the stale of Balance in a short amount of time people would stumble at the same problems that we did back in 2008-09. Anyway, I know for a fact that a lot of PvErs would rejoice by having it back, maybe it's worth on the long road . Scratching this since it's a "No-No" on Stephen list.

PS: I saw people calling back Team Arenas and that would only nail down the last pin at Random Arenas coffin. No Open casket.

Just to bring easeness to my sleep, i'm obligated to ask. Why the debate on these so called "minor changes" if we all know that the center and core of PvP is skill balancing? It feels somewhat...I don't know.

It would make sense if Stephen came to us saying: "Hey you know what? Mike O Brien finally had some reasonableness and saw that the game still has enormous potentional. He's going to spare 10 dev's/employees to rock the boat and see if the fire can spread again". But that's not even the case.

ps: and to be fair, to think that someone as Isaiah Cartwright is still there shows that the company is bound to be at all times at borderline catastrophe.

Couldn't agree more. People will abuse whenever they have a chance, not crying a river on that, can't argue.

But the whole agenda of having randomness objectives on GvG is to diminish that, having different goals to rotate will also give less encourage on this behaviour. Not only that turtleness is not unbeatable, hell a single split can break a entire team if their sole purpose is to wait until the 20 mins mark.

Wrong Motoko, you could easily bypass those obstacles by putting a "condition" or "flux" that gives 20% more damage and less 20% on healing at 20 min mark (on assinate or first blood).

Not only that by the end of the game there is always people with Death Penalty, people who has the stand, which will granter advantage to end the game, etc. If neither serves right, just call it a tie, after 5 minutes, it's been done before and having a tie will also result in people leaving defensive play, since you are not going to win which is your primary focus.

This is an interesting idea - At least how I am interpreting it.

Are you suggesting the idea of randomized goals?

GvG Match Starts - Goal is stated at the start - VoD, Lord Damage, - 3rd option not created yet. Game randomly selects one? This way you can't depend on abusing one form of GvG?

Yeah, just like that.

Implementing a 3rd option easy peasy too, there are several basic options, from annihilation or person of interest (assassinate certain player from the team - if no one kills lord on time) or golden goal, first one to kill someone from the other team, wins, winner winner chicken dinner.

Maybe a good chance of renew on the pvp scenario that wouldn't be a burden to work with at this point and state of the game - or relatively easy to implement - would be changing the HA and also GvG back (like once we had) to 6 teammates instead of 8.

Lowering that cap this way will result in more teams. Also a diversity of builds since there will be a need to adjust to the situation.

About bringing back VoD I would vote to that, if, they make it random, so people wouldn't assume and use "turtle" strategies also with less time for it to occur, 20 minutes at most.

Bringing back Hero Arenas and implementing something to prevent the resign abuse would be a huge deal and certainly, would bring people from PvE back into the PvP.

It's been 13 yrs and the answer will always be the same. Three main causes. Factor 1) Toxic community against newcomers; Factor 2) All the guild drama when someone loses and mean, literally, there's always that guy that has to find a culprit, instead of having regular old-fun until everybody step up the game together. Factor 3) High Learning Curve. Unfortunately, Guild Wars isn't your average-joe game such as FPS or mobas. When it comes to gameplay and pvp mechanics, I would say that you would have to have at least 1,000 hours to play decently at the mid-end GvG scenario (back in 2005-2009).

Nowadays with the dwarf and closed community that learning experience is nearly impossible to obtain unless there are people willingly glad to have your back until you achieve that milestone.

So much so, when the game was on the verge of it's death, some folks did the GvG learning project that was great but didn't gather many people since the "infamous scenario of pvp" was already pretty known and installed. So people didn't bother to do the transition from the PvE.

Honestly, though, I wish someone would just fuckin copy and paste Guild Wars right now, start from the stretch and have regular skill balances. That would be enough for it to bright again.

Did they do anything regarding all those gold sellers/etc that also appear EXPLICITLY on all the 83 screenshots that you sent them?

They are still at kamadan as far as I can see.

Guess it was reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that hard for them to type some Character names like MMOMarket and banish them or they didn't had the time after finishing typing "Dwight Schrute".

Gotta give it to Anet!

Cheers.

NICE!!!!!
    great to see this stuff (and the crowds...wow).

Now they can't even put 100 people together in a room. Even with the ESL throwing money at them. Well, even making the game free to play didn't make the turn. Keep basic and keep updating that's what World of Warcraft and Diablo II, Diablo III has shown.

I recall those music videos of Guild Wars too, from a guy named Zack they were hilarious.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Found some junk saved from my old hard-drive, interesting enough was pictures from the launch of Guild Wars and when I was still a teenager following the upcoming game.

Well in this era Mike O Brien still had a heart, so it's nice to see how things evolved from there. Though I might share since i'm going to wipe the drive.

E3 2003 when guild wars was still ugly and was a wannabe from WoW:

EhLB9Me.jpg

VtR62IU.jpg

9jtcDk3.jpg

QXJPgCE.jpg

Zvg5X4w.jpg

E3 2004 when the game was being tested hard. I think last photo was Jeff Strain or Patrick idk.

jl3tpuK.jpg
    3KGm4T7.jpg

xMq4wjb.jpg

2gymZeI.jpg

IEBo9uS.jpg

E3 2005 I think the game was already launched by then:

NmjMb9c.jpg

bmrXcI0.jpg

Well that's it. Don't have any more paste or pics. Found memories when they still gave a shit for us. Now there is just disdain :shy:

If those numbers are to be correct (which with all the respect I doubt) and with all those features already implemented this feature could indeed reversal and bring a small revolution to the rest of the community that still thrive in this game.

There would be no reasonable assertion from Guild Wars Legacy to not jump into the idea and make this discord the official one.

Surely it wouldn't expand the core, but would be make remaining PvE player base a lot more interesting almost copycatting the starting conditions of the game itself, with potential players being able of joining parties and making Missions and Quests together instead of doing with heroes, regardless of Guild's extension and Alliances too.

Not only that with all the teaching and mentoring that has been done lately bringing the PvP & PvE state of the game together this tool could also boost the current phenomena.

If GWL bought this idea, it wouldn't be a bad thing to implement this scheme into TeamQuitter too and ask them gently to join the fry, that would be beneficial for each and every person in this forsaken game.

From that point, making it the official discord server also in Reddit and Facebook pages we could see a little but enjoyable insurgency in Guild Wars again.

Imagine, having 300-400 persons online daily?! What ya think Kevin? One can dream ;)

From an old retired PvPer that still loves to the bone this game, I must say, even though it's an honorable idea (and I have seen this project develop since the downfall of the old QQ forum) this idea and "generosity" per se came way to late to the game.

Sure it makes a difference for residual community. But if that generosity didn't came so late, let's say on 2008-2009, the community wouldn't fall this short and the game would still be pumping.

For whatever the reason the only community that seems to have done that from the scratch was the French. Sacre bleu!

I think that what bothers me the most it's that there this no good or advantage that will come out of this in any circumstance as possible and thinking or desiring otherwise is really really wishful thinking.

Call me an "utilitarian" for giving emphasis on the "Costs vs Benefits" even in such smaller matters as this, but to be honest like any other user pointed out they will probably take a picture with it to deliver a good PR and "fan-service" but as soon as the photo camera turns down the chocolate will probably go directly to the trash bin.

Since 2007-2014 I was struggling to accept that we haven't been forsaken. I didn't want to accept it because Guild Wars meant a lot to me (it was by far the best MMORPG that I have played - and I had played lots of them believe me) it gave me greatest enjoyful moments of gaming since my toddler years especially in PvP where I had fun the most. But in time I came to realize what most people concluded several years before me, Guild Wars didn't got it's servers shot down because it didn't cost a penny to maintain the servers alive and doing so before 2012 would give a extremely prejudice propaganda out there.

Therefore for them we actually don't exist since the game isn't profitable and for them we should take for damn granted that this game is still alive and kicking as they intended to portray in several former statements before . Even Joe Kimmes that was supposedly to be the guy of maintenance doesn't actually do anything that we are aware of. As far as we know he just scratch balls all day long ( with all due respect).

So after all that being said I don't quite believe that it's "justifiable" even this little gesture for them.

Nevertheless if we were to give that compliment to anyone I would endorse to be sent to Patrick Wyatt and Jeff Strain thanking them for the great game they had made, and maybe, just maybe, ask them for a spiritual successor, lol. But for Mike O Brien and the gang?! Fuck no! I believe you could get your ass kicked by saying something like that.

I understand your point Max and also Gaile's for that matter.

But foremost, I understand the point of view from the user. He wanted something that any Guild Wars player has been begging for yrs straight, something petite, minor that any Company putting their game under maintenance mode would pretty much have, which is a feedback channel.

And it's a bit of a challenging to accept that Guild Wars is maintenance mode when the game is pretty much alive and that Guild Wars 2 is generating less income than LineAge II and LineAge (games that are older than the Original Guild Wars) for ArenaNet and NCsoft, as some could see from the annual report (find those when I was searching for the other games).

I did some background checking and indeed what he/she said was absolutely true. Every single game that he/she mentioned has more 12 yrs old and still has updates, new content and Customer Service. On continuous basis.

On a different matter I don't think that Gaile Gray in any point could be sorted as a Guild Wars Player as she claimed or was in the Group as a Guild Wars Player.

Just think on how long has she stayed away from this game since the announcement on 2007 of Guild Wars 2?! If something has been shown to us in this accident of hacking was that she never "really" played the game being honest. So hiding in this disguise of being in the group as a player didn't really convince me at all.

Also instead of at least bothering to refute what he/she said (by any example, which I can say for instance the new gifts on 2015 anniversary) she was too occupied taking part as a victim of what you call[font="arial, sans-serif"] "[font="Source Sans Pro"] [/font][/font]feeling of entitlement in the gaming community".

So yeah, I do understand what you said (and agree with you) and I completely understand also her side, but I think that there's a greater picture here that's being missed.

As I discussed with bsoltan and others on discord here's what I could save from Gaile's post on the Facebook page from Guild Wars New Hope.

Too bad someone deleted it. At least she was answering. Nevertheless it seems that there isn't any type of support anymore she says either feedback are not supported or offered from her employer's part anymore.

Honestly, I would rather have that they don't make Guild Wars F2P. They don't have a support team in place right now and the game clearly wasn't built for it.
    In GW2, you have the gem store that is completely integrated to make it easy to spend money, while in Guild Wars there is no such thing, except for the external shop which doesn't really have that much except for some costumes.
    They would seriously need to ramp up the security measures of this game and start making sure that there are quite a lot of measures against gold sellers, because it's already a huge problem.

Unless they decide to drop a big bag of money on Guild Wars, I don't expect that to happen.
    I would however like if they would put a small team on GW1 again... but one can dream.

For the rest, I would like to ask an interview yeah; but obviously we would need to talk about GW2 as well in order to get their attention..

On that matter I completely disagree with you. Most of MMORPG's weren't made or meant to be on f2p model. Guild Wars 2 is no exception. It's the need that changes everything and time has demonstrated that going f2p brings a lot of revenue. Guild Wars also has a huge advantage towards others games and his younger brother, because either in PvE or PvP the game is instanced, which mitigates a lot the stress from the servers.

About having a structure in game to spend on store I agree on that part with you. While that would be good, honestly, I can't tell difference on the model that was made on Guild Wars 2 from the model implemented on Guild Wars "1". I've played Guild Wars 2 for 3 yrs straight and the only difference on Gem Store was that 1) It held more costumes and skins for players 2) It was essential to spend gems if you wanted miniatures in game 3) Buying keys to open stupid chest earned in game; and LAST BUT NOT LEAST 4) Trading the gems that you bought with real money for gold and bypassing everyone else with money. Just not to forget there were "tokens" too, to boost leveling up or rate dropping and such.

All of that can be done easily on Guild Wars if the game went free to play. And would bring the same joy that GW2 generates in terms of money.

The only downside about going f2p model it's that without active Game Masters on the game Gold Sellers and botters would have a fairly good life, cuz even if they were banned making another account would be a piece of cake.

But for the important part of all this, it would be awesome if we didn't let the idea die. Would you Kevin be willing to do this?! Make Contact, organize an interview and so on?!

I can't die until I have heard enough that simple don't care about us, LoL.

[hr]

Perhaps we should send an email directly to the top of ArenaNet, to Mike o'Brien?

While it might not solve everything, it might do SOMETHING.

That's actually a great idea. I have been longing to someone propose something like this for a huge amount of time - maybe since 2011 when I definitely decided to quit the game.

But how would you achieve him? Or approach this matter?

As far as I could see he pretends to be at Guild Wars 2 forum from time to time, but never compromise on answering anyone, so does Gaile Gray.

The best idea of all would be to interview him by an email, send a lot of questions about a array of things and expect honest answers, knowing that he would settle feedback.

I for sure have at least two things on my inquiry list.

1) How does he views the Diablo III success on the same business model that Guild Wars 1 has and not take advantage of that to bring the game back from the dead (PvE).

2) How can he watch something that he started 12 yrs ago (PvP and e-sport) flowing affluent and not take benefit from a solid game that is just waiting for skill updates and being f2p to take massive players coming back again.

To be honest I don't even care, I wish that either Patrick Wyatt or Jeff Strain could answer this too. I know that they have left ArenaNet for a quite good time but I would love to see their insight on this too.

PS: Don't scold me or even get started with the rant that Guild Wars doesn't need to go f2p model because it's cheap. When even them recognized that GW2 needed this model to keep and held advantage from them, why that wouldn't be true to Guild Wars too?