Posts by Ulterion0715

They should've solved storage issues long ago. They didn't. Why? Because "money". That's why. Also, they aren't going to remove their money-making machine that is gold-selling because there's simply waaay too much money to be made in it. So that'll never go away [GW2 or not]. They make money off of gold-selling; otherwise, they'd have never nerfed gold, items, etc.. You just have to get a clue. I'm not going to attempt to prove anything to you, either. You just have to do your own research, develop your own understanding, and follow the indirect facts. Anet cares nothing about its players. They've even labelled their own followers as cry-baby whiners on their own forums, but I'll let you figure that part out on your own. They don't care about your interests; only their own. They've proven that over time by weakening the average player's earnings; they established a below-minimum-wage salary for players over time, and forced them to either cope or leave. If the average player stays, then they pay premium. If they leave, then there's no consequence for Arenanet because they've already made their profit from GW1 long ago. Now, they just don't care anymore.

I think the bottom line for Anet doing anything for [and/or with] GW1 is absurd.

Why?

Money. Money talks, and everything else walks. Plain and simple. If Arenanet ever re-directed any of their resources to GW1, it'd be because there's a big enough market [customers/users], and profit[cash/money] to be made from them. I think they're actually making a killing off of GW1 even as we speak. Think about it.

Anet killed the economy in a variety of ways, essentially forcing players to turn to gold-buying from online vendors if they want to make any timely progress. They implemented the idea of item-price-fluctuation [namely to increase them; this makes players buy more gold] so that they can make it harder to buy them [and thus need more gold; more clientele for gold websites]. They also nerfed/reduced all solo-farming drops [see: anti-farm code; gold sites also sell drops fyi] to create more item-demand for their online shop sales. They currently allow gold spammers to thrive and create an artificial dependency for its users, and exploit any and every desire of its remaining desperately clingy players in a dead game. All of this while doing next to nothing for GW1.

Also...

Modernization. The very idea of re-working on GW1 is like walking backwards in terms of technological progression. So unless Arenanet is willing to make a very quick buck...

[just like those portable gaming companies with their mini-consoles and games already uploaded into them so that they can make a re-profit off of already-existing content]

...or can effectively remake and/or remaster this game [too much work, really...]...? There's just no hope in reviving this game.

They'd only ever do it if there's a big enough demand for them to supply it. Just remember to re-read my first point, and that's...

Money.

Arenanet's not going to claw towards this [or any other] idea unless there's a money-trail leading to it.

Just my two cents. I know ya'll are likely to hate me for this comment, and maybe even lash out at me in denial, but I'm calling a Zebra by its stripes. Anet just doesn't care about GW1 very much anymore, and that's become beyond self-evident over time.

So my advice is: Get over GW1, and just enjoy the last moments before the plug gets pulled, and the game's put to rest for good!