Posts by Jayson

Hearing about this gives me that same type of feels like when you're in game back in the day, and you get "A new build is available" pop up in your chat bar.

Ten new skills for my characters sounds like a lot of fun and I'm hoping that the sales are decent too.

I know it isn't a lot of notice but Friday (27th) at 4PM EST is still a good time if people are ok with that?

I'm figuring that we're just having fun so NM should be ok? And if anyone wants to use cons, I'm fine with that too because it's a long play through when doing it normally. We can just meet up at Temple of Ages.

Look for Auri of Ascalon.

Posting again because I'm having trouble locking down a time and may have to postpone. It's a little more difficult to get in contact with people than I imagined.

Sorry all.

Sorry for the late reply.

Most likely it would be around 3-4 EST but I'll check with the other two people to confirm it and nail down a time frame, then post it here.

Looking for a few players this coming Friday (27th) to do FoW. Not looking for speed clear players or experts, just want to have some fun and complete the area.

So far we have myself and two others willing to go.

I don't think there's anything to worry about.

They've stated before that GW cost very little to run and the work we got as of late from my understanding, has been off the clock and if that's all we'll be getting, then I'm be grateful for it. They've also stated that GW2 will continue on as scheduled.

It just sucks that people will be losing their jobs.

I was deleting a character today and only then did I realize that runes from bags aren't salvageable. Fourteen years and I never gave it any thought and threw them away.

Now that a single rune is 10 gold Z coins, perhaps an update might be a good idea so that pouches and bags are salvageable?

Maybe that could be added to the reddit list of things to do?

So in the last while I've been noticing that hard mode hasn't been all that hard.

To clarify, the mobs still hit as hard as before and seem to have the same attack speeds, but their health and armor seem to have been reduced to a point where feels more like medium mode. Am I the only one who's experiencing this?

I agree Cosy that the cost might've been better at five gold Zcoins each, based on what you're getting for it. In my case, I'll just look at it as long term goals for each character I have.

Also, the Xunlai upgrade was a fantastic surprise and absolutely welcomed.

Also wanted to make a note that the upgrades also can be applied to Charr bags.

Attrition was my original attack inside the wurms but save yourselves along with the res sig, seemed to keep them in a cycle that was just efficient enough to keep them at full strength, along with the acolyte backing them up. I also tried downing the monk so they'd burn through the SY skill in the hopes to overwhelm the rest by wasting their collective pool of energy.

Even though I've beaten these mobs before (It's been awhile), it confounds me how they were able to maintain a full res party for longer then a 10 minute duration against a full team of wurms that could kill each npc with three hits on average.

And yeah, the Anet part is just wishful thinking.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? You have awakened cavaliers in a full mob where one or two isn't really that bad but when you get 3 or four with a monk back up, the res situation gets out of control. The simplest response is frozen soil to counter with, along with interrupts, but that's difficult to do in wurms. It's also fairly standard that the cavaliers are complimented with melee to destroy spirits. I think the solution to the npcs is to remove either the res sigs, or hardwire mobs in a way that prevents more than two per party.

Is that even possible and does anyone think it could be changed these days?

Staying consistent in the way this forum have been run... it's moderation, the staff and the layouts of the forums have been pretty top notch. More of that in whatever direction this forum chooses to go will be good enough for me.

As for the suggestion for a shout box? I'm on the fence about it. On one hand it really does enhance the community by bringing them closer together, but it also allows for escalation of issues to grow wildly out of control without strict and heavy moderation at all times.

There are some people who join forums just to troll these spaces and it sours the over all experience for the rest.

This is a new issue after a large windows 10 update that's made it so whenever I map to other outposts or change zones, the game minimizes to the task bar for roughly 6 seconds showing my wallpaper every time.

Previous to the update, zone and outpost loading was almost instant with zero minimizing. Has anyone else experiences anything like this before?

It's been quite awhile since I've bothered to map anything and for the

life of me, I can't remember how to uncover this portion next to House zu Heltzer . Anyone remember how to access that spot?

EDIT: Answer given.

Can you give specific examples of what happened that soured your opinion of the community?

I've been a long time player who only PuGs and for the most part, I can say that I've had very positive interactions with the community on a regular basis. I think the only times I've had any issue is with a few traders in Kamadan who don't react well with negotiation. I solve that by not doing trades with them.

I had imagined that the Charr who initiated the searing knew full well that there was an extremely high probability of death during the event, but were being prodded and manipulated by the Titans to go through with it anyway. That and the Flame Legion uses their people as tools more so than any of the other factions. That and after so many years of humiliation and losses to the Ascalonians, I'm pretty sure that the ones who triggered the searing felt it was worth it. The bulk of the Charr population were up in the northlands and to the east of Ascalon at the time.

The second question regarding the landscape falls in line with so many other issues with GW2 that it's only the tip of the iceberg. The simplest answer is that with a z axis, Anet created a more suitable environment to jumping while still attempting to preserve features of the original game. Unfortunately there's going to be tons of discrepancies throughout. It's not a lore answer but the most accurate answer I feel you'd get.

The final answer is no, landscapes normally don't change that much in most environments. Yes weather and water erodes rock, changes rivers course and can wear down hills and mountains but not at the rate that GW2 would have you believe.

Man made intervention could alter most landscapes in the way you see,

Constant geological instability is a possibility but on a level that would make building large structures extremely unlikely.

Or you can say magic altered the landscape or just say the dragons did it...

Has anyone else wandered around the mausoleum in Majesty's rest after completing the Halloween quest? It's pretty much all of the dungeons plus the pre searing catacombs stitched together into one massive and majorly unused space. One path even leads to the end of the world, lol.

However there's one area I'm not familiar with and I thought people who do dungeons on a regular basis could identify it? It appears to be a massive destroyer hive and a HUGE tunnel leading to the surface of Tyria. So is this is any other part of the game?

Wow I didn't even notice the white missing. Nice catch!

I'm glad I'm not one of those people who needs to panic buy because I keep a stack of every available dye for personal use. I just thought it was weird to see a dye(s) :P missing. I don't remember this ever happening before.

Was at the vendor and noticed there's no black dye available. Not only that, but every dye was valued at 100g with the exception of the silver, at 110g. Was there a rollback or some change I'm not aware of?

I still contend that the zaishen route would be the best way, falling in between getting it as an automatic upgrade and having to do a dungeon for it. Having a price of 1 gold z coin doesn't seem too high a cost and still allows something for players to strive for. I'm sure that people with multiple accounts are the ones asking for a straight upgrade because they probably don't want to do all the work that would require the coins, and I can understand and sympathize with that.

But getting it without having to do anything doesn't add any motivation for those looking for even the bare minimum of entertainment.

But either way, I'm still happy to get more inventory space.

Has there been any mention of how the storage update is going?

And while I'm bringing the topic back up, I'll add my opinion that I'd like the new runes to possibly be attached to the zaishen coins. I can understand why people would like them to be easy to acquire from merchants or maybe random drops, but myself personally? I'd like something to work towards because there's not much else to do in game besides replaying missions.

I'll also reiterate that upgraded charr bags dropping would be fantastic too, instead if getting a free upgrade. Again, something to work for. :)