Posts by Roadbum 1660

I play strictly by myself using Henchies at first, then my other characters later as heroes. That having been said, there is always a point you will reach when even a whole party of level 20 heroes won't get the job done. Since I hate to do the same thing more than a couple times I reach a point and call it quits (ascending in the Crystal Desert campaign is a good example) I get what I want out of the game and leave it at that.

Thanks for the reply, another thing I didn't mention was that I very rarely play with others with the exception of joining a "runner" from Becon's Perch. Too much of a hassle, no one can come to any sort of plan or strategy. As a result I prefer to slug it out using my own heros. Naturally this means I've never really finished the Eye of the North Quests or "Ascended" in the Crystal Desert I take what I can from the game.

I've got a number of questions about the game that have popped into my mind since I started playing around ten years ago;

1. Why are the forts and buildings so out of proportion to the characters?

2.How are people who are obviously seasoned players getting back into pre-searing?

3.How come no one ever came up with winter clothing for when your playing Eye of the North, or knocking around the Shiverpeaks?

Not really a question, but I've always felt the games developers should have created trails allowing passage from let's say the Crystal Desert up to Gladd's Camp or the Wilds up to Rata Sum. Just asking?

I started playing sometime around 2005 or so and I've been playing off and on ever since then I have 12 "toons," as they say and with the exception of 1, all are at various levels of 20. To be honest, I have kind of a "love/hate" relationship with the game. It's hard to stay away from for too long but on the other hand I have a high frustration level and the fact that there are no cheats or work arounds in the game is one of my big gripes. Got a lot of questions about the game which I will be asking in the proper threads so I guess it's "Catch you later."