Posts by Jonast

Reserve right not to sell etc. Happy bidding!

I will accept party points instead of ecto, in the following ratios to ectos. This is capped at a maximum of 3000 points across all bids.

2pt Tonics = 2e per stack (3000 points = 6 stacks = 12e)

1pt Spammable = 1.5e per stack (3000 points = 12 stacks = 18e)

Other types will be considered on a case by case basis.

No preference will be given to bids with or without party points. Winning bids containing party points will consume the 3000 point cap.

r9 Strength +30hp -20% Bleed Plagueborn Shield

s/b 1a c/o 1a Gentleman Xander b/o later

r9 20% Earth HSR/10% HCT Earth Wand

s/b 1a b/o later

Triple attribute r9 Fire 20% HSR Water/19% HCT Earth Dragon's Breath Wand

s/b 1e b/o 10e sold T Miles pending delivery

r9 Strength +9 armor vs Demons / +45hp w/ enchanted GoTH

s/b 1e b/o 50e sold Obsidian pending delivery

r9 +5e Flatbow (wooden skin)

s/b 1e b/o 10e

For me this is on the level of rarity as r8 15^50 dead bows and sephis axes, albeit in a much less popular skin and weapon type and theoretically can drop from more chests in hells precipice.

100a + for me, but I don’t see a huge bidwar like you would see on the above items. That’s with rose tinted nostalgia glasses for 2005 gw 🙂 It’s the name you’re paying for, as the skin is shared with the basic war hammer, which you wouldn’t pay anywhere close to 100a for even with these mods. The above items have gone for multiple hundreds of arms in comparison.

I would expect a mursaat hammer with these mods to go for more than this despite being a more common drop due to being able to drop in more places, as its skin is unique and well liked.

The harmonic rod needs to be auctioned, it’s worth a lot. Like XX arms a lot.

Water wand is a collectors item, so I’d take what you can get. If it were me I’d merch it, I know it’s matching 20/19 but r9 non max with non matching req is a killer. R8 and 11-21 would be another story. I’d merch the plague focus and jade wand too personally.

Plagueborn sceptre I’d say 15-25e, maybe more with luck. Truncheon around the same. Get a second opinion on these.

A perfect hp mod with a 20% HCT/HSR is also worth a good amount, comparable to a 20/10 combo. +29 or +44 hp mods with a 20% HCT/HSR will also have some value but less that the previous examples. Less hp will be accepted, again at lower value, if the skin is nice. Armor with 20% HCT/HSR follows similar rules but see the last paragraph for the armor mods you want to avoid. 19% mods will obliterate much of the value, and in combination with an iffy hp mod these can turn into merch food.

Mixes of 10% HCT/HSR and hp/armor mods are only really worth anything with a good req and a good skin. Even then the value won’t be particularly high. Common skins and r10 or higher are merch food.

Hp/armor combinations are more tricky to sell. Perfect combinations with a good req and skin will sell for low to moderate value, because people like the oddball factor. Imperfect combinations can be merched. In particular you want to avoid the while hexed mods, armor while attacking, armor in exchange for -20hp and armor in exchange for -5 energy.

Armor +10 vs demons is a bit of a rogue variable here as I understand it. I think a good skin and req and a 20% mod could sell for a lot in the right circumstances.

The +1 (19/20%) mods are worth something in combination with a matching 20% or 19% HCT/HSR or a perfect hp mod. Good skins can sell with a 10% HCT/HSR or a decent armor mod, but not for much.

Generally foci are considered harder to sell than other weapon types. These statements are made based on my observations, other commenters may have different opinions.

You’re right of course - I missed a step in my explanation. I think a shiverpeak chest that spawns from a boss in grenths footprint cannot drop summit weapons because it uses the miners chest drop table.

To clarify on my part, I’m certainly not denying that sws or sss can drop in grenths footprint, just that theoretically you have a slightly lower chance. Perhaps a bit of a weird comment in hindsight.

I think you would have slightly less chance of sws and sss running here than tascas. The reason being the bosses are classed as SF enemies (drop enslavement stones); afaik summit weapons do not drop from miners chests. That’s not to say they can’t drop, just boss groups have less chance. I’m assuming that individual chests are associated with a particular foe, not group of foes.

So your daggers can be merched for sure. Even if they were 20% while hexed the mod is not desired at all (even if it could be useful in some hex heavy areas!).

The shield isn’t worth much but you could try putting it up for sale and see what you get. I could certainly see a perfect version going for a few 10s of ectos, even a couple of armbraces. Even though creature mods aren’t that useful in many cases, they are quite liked. Take note of an shields with +10 vs demons as well, these can be worth a lot (10s or even 100s of armbraces) especially when combined with a ‘while enchanted’ second mod.

On the insc vs non insc point, try adding an inscription to weapons like these - it won’t let you, thus confirming their non-insc status.

The greens question is something that’s being discussed in the context of prenerf greens in another thread. There are those such as wroth’s holy rod which had its stats radically changed, which are worth something - I think the price depends on how many show up on legacy at the same time. Then there are others where dye colour or mod order have been changed. The value of these superficial changes - i.e. the versions that no longer drop- is not well understood afaik. It’s a pretty niche market!

There are some greens that come from ‘off the beaten track’ in the sense that you have to go out of your way to kill the boss, they’re hard to farm, and the drop rate sucks. Think greens from the realm of torment in areas far from outposts for example; these often have weird and wonderful skins too that don’t exist in PvE as a regular drop. These can have a little value to the right person.

I don’t think there are any ‘surface’ greens from regular bosses with any consistent value.

Firebrand stands out among the WiK greens as having serious value; I think the soul reaper and the command shield are also sellable, and Law and Order due to the awesome skin. The others have iffy stat combos even if the skins are nice so aren’t all that wanted (personally I like Peace, which Dunkoro wields with pride!). Aside: a point of resentment, I had 3 greens drop in one play through of WiK, including two during the same quest, but not one since. Hmmph.

WoC greens are farmed to death so I don’t think these are worth much.

I’d get a second opinion but I think I’m reasonably on the money here.

Things like foci, wands and shields are a right mess. Before insc weapons getting a gold perfectly modded weapon with the best mods was unbelievably rare - you couldn’t change any mods! This was why victo’s bulwark was worth so much compared to other greens from the same place back in the day, given its +30hp mod. Then insc came along and it became really easy.

To me having all weapons have an inherent mod (eg you have to get your wand with a HSR 20% as an inherent, and you add the HCT via a wrapping) and then at least one changeable mod (two for staves/martial weapons), should’ve been in place from day one. They even kind of saw the problem with staves, changing the HSR mod to a universal, free mod rather than a second inherent on staves as it was in the days of yore.

This kind of HCT mod on an insc weapon is not so good. You want 20% chance of the weapons attribute. Typically you focus especially into one attribute when casting thus, with a suitable wand and focus, you can get 40% chance of halved HCT/HSR on the key spells in your build. The 20% mods are common enough that the 10% mods don’t really get a look in.

With insc weapons, all mods can be found on gold weapons of the same type. This means that a r13 wand with a bad skin and 20% HCT can have this mod moved onto a rare insc weapon and made into 20/20. This means that 10% mods are far far less accepted when compared to non-insc weapons. In contrast, 10/10 r9 non insc wand with a rare skin might be considered valuable - nowhere near as good as 20/10 or 20/20 though.

This focus is very safe to merch; r10, common skin, and inscribable.

What I will say here is that 1-5e can be a fair amount of money depending on the player. What generally causes the merching of items like this is the time needed to sell them. So you may choose to list them on here for a week and see if anyone picks them up and then merch them to clear your bank if they’re not sold. So hang onto those NF-only skins, or liked common skins e.g fellblade, if they’re r9, if you’re so inclined.

Low req shields have value too, continuing from above. What you want is the max armor for that req; 15/r7, 14/r6, 13/r5 and so on down to 8/r0. Even blue versions of these can have value.

I’ll get the ball rolling:

1. Skin. Some skins are just more valuable than others based on aesthetics and rarity, as there is more demand/less supply. For example, eternal/ghostly and zodiac weapons only drop in certain places, making them more valuable as good ones drop less often, and the skins look nice. That being said a nice thing about gw is that valuable drops can come from almost anywhere - a common skin with some of the below features can have good value. Similarly, rare skins drop in unlikely places (non insc paper fans and diamond aegis drop in kaineng city, far from an elite area) so I wouldn’t get hung up on merching things based on where they drop.

2. Insc vs non-insc. Items that drop in prophecies and factions (there are exceptions) have fixed inherent mods I.e. an inscription cannot be added. Good inherents have lots more value because you need a skin + inherent to drop. With NF and EOTN items, you can add your 15^50 later on, so value is more dependent on skin and req only. As a result of this good insc weapons are more easy to acquire, and thus have less value. This effect is exacerbated when inherent mod combinations are very rare to drop e.g 20/20 matching mods on staves, wands and foci. Perfect mods are also worth A LOT more than even near perfect ones.

3. Requirement. Max weapons drop r9-13 in most cases. R9 is much more valuable simply because of aesthetics again, but it also allows you to run lower attributes and get maximum value out of offhand items. R8 gold max swords/shields/foci do occasionally drop but very rarely, and do have good value in most cases, with the exception being non-insc single mod shields/foci and bad inherent swords. Purple r8 weapons can also have value if insc or a nice inherent combo.

4. Inherent mods. Non-insc 15^50 and +5e carry the most value. Good skins with 15stance or 15ench can have modest value also. 15 -1hp and 15 -1e drop more rarely and also have very good to modest value depending on skin and a low req. Other inherents have value once you go below r9.

5. Prenerf items. Items that do not drop any more are valuable as they can no longer be acquired without trading. This includes r8 items not detailed above and all r7 items. This is probably a whole topic on its own.

I’ll stop there, other than to say that these effects stack multiplicatively. A rare skin with good inherents and a low req is going to be worth far, far, far more than a common skin with an okay inherent and a higher req, with the difference being in the 10s to 100s of ectos.

I had a r11 Magmas with same mods (non insc ofc) valued at and pms offering 20a consistently.

Tactics and r9 would imply higher than that, even though it’s a different skin, I’d say Magmas and SWS are comparable in terms of how much they’re wanted. Magmas has the obvious disadvantage being strength req only for shields like this.

I think it’s easily more than 30a on that basis, but significantly more than 50a is going to need a bidwar.

It would be a heroic revival of the malice black name. I shall reserve judgement (Also aware of my gw legacy noob status).

I lean on the side of not obfuscating knowledge. I don’t see how a sticky post would harm anyone; perhaps someone should just update the wiki and post a link to it. I’m trying to think of a slippery slope argument as a counter but nothing is coming to me.

I think all the above are valid points. Playing poker and having everything above a full house effectively removed from the game, without your knowledge, is problematic.

On the other hand I do think reading up on the subject is a good move regardless.

I think having a sticky thread on the fact that unid items can be tested is a good compromise without needing the minutiae of the odds bias. People who fail to read do so at their own risk.

Why do I feel like a Liberal Democrat (uk)...

I’m inclined to agree with you malice - but I think the shield thing is more aligned with the Tyrian serpent issue given the ease of testing. That is another thing that can be deemed as an ignorance related issue.

Perhaps the moral balance of an almost 16 y/o game is irrelevant, but I’m having fun!

Shields are one thing, but wands/foci/staves might present a more complex question.

Maybe one for the eminent statisticians among us - given someone calculated the disgusting probability of a 20/20 wand/focus - should we really have any fear from unid sets of these? Just testing these would be a spectacular pain. Thinking of the jade wand set that was posted recently, anyone buying that should naturally be aware of the unlikelihood of anything in that set being valuable, no? That feels like a more authentic lottery.

Staves feel somewhere in between this and shields. Arguably singular profession staves can be tested for 20/19 and 20/20 within 20 spell casts, but this is still a bit laborious to test. And once all 5 caster professions get in the mix the question gets more complicated - mixed mods from the same profession have some value e.g comm/channeling. And the difference in value between 20/19 and 20/20 is enormous.

This feels like an awareness thing again - but not in the ‘house always wins’ way that the shield issue presents. So arguably a public service announcement (I’m aware of the irony that I’m posting about this) isn’t actually necessary, and this is more of a game knowledge thing.

The preference between hp and dmg reduction seems to flip back and forth from what I have observed on demon shields, but generally yes the big money is in perfect hp mods with low req.

In a sense what you’ve said is in agreement with my statement on the value of these shield packages. The fact that a significant proportion of the most valuable shields I.e. the perfect or almost perfect dual mod hp ones are likely to have been removed should lower the average value significantly, to factor in the much lower chance of winning big. This is the best thing about this awareness topic, it should increase skepticism and therefore reduce the amount people are willing to gamble, thereby making these biased packages more likely to sell at a value closer to their actual worth!

Just to be clear I think this is a good topic and it’s right that there seems to be a growing consensus that something should be done, about shields at the very least.

Quite enjoying this conversation!

Agree with Ravenshaw, I think that is the most sensible move. Awareness is the key thing. I don’t really think an outright ban is necessary.

Whilst the op has shown that the dmg reduction mods can be checked I don’t think it’s practical to check large numbers of shields like that. A +10 demon / -2 ench could still fall out of an unid set as a result. Edit: Also a dmg reduction mod with no hp mod is not a good indicator of value. You have all single mods, +1 (19%) and all +9 vs x mods to contend with, which have essentially no value, then all the +1 (20%) and +10 mods (and -20% condi duration) which vary wildly from almost worthless to very big money.

I guess it’s a lot more like the lottery if you assume hp mods have been checked; the price per ‘ticket’ should be very very low, and the chances of winning very very low as well, but still with a rare chance to set your gw account up for life. Imagine a Magmas +10 vs fire/+1 Fire magic (20%)!

Agree with above, I check pretty much every shield drop before iding just out of amusement - and I don’t sell unids as I am working on r7 wisdom. If you have a stance on your bar then you can check all the hp mods except hex without even breaking step while playing. Shields require much less effort than other things to determine value, interesting +10/-2 combinations aside.

Foci similar but less so as HP mods don’t determine value in the same way. Weapon inherents probably aren’t interesting enough to test. Wands and staves must be a nightmare to check. To me it feels like it’s best to just avoid shield packages.

Do we know the logic of the max dmg/min req boundaries? Was it the req range, or damage range, or both, that got changed?

I think that weird examples like ar12/r3 or ar15/r6 could exist, in the same way that a 11-22/r7 staff or wand, or 19-35/r7 hammer, are known to exist. They are unspeakably rare, and no longer drop max dmg even with r8, so this implies that these dropped under very special conditions. Contrast this with foci/swords/shields which still drop r8 from sources that previously dropped r7. I’m assuming here that the drop tables were changed for all levels, not just level 20 plus mobs. Very happy to be wrong, I just really like this question :)

It was definitely purple from my recollection. Someone asked if there was a r6 15-21 and, as I remember it, it just turned out to be a crystalline much to everyone’s surprise.