Posts by Oshari

Welcome,

I am completely new in guild wars 1, just jumped in after playing GW2 ocassionaly. I must say i really understand the appeal, and i regret that i had not a chance to play this gem earlier. I had move really good time testing few characters, even doing LDoA on my Mesmer. But now, after i jumped to post searing i feel, like this class is not for me, maybe because i am still locked from many skills, maybe because i don't understand game enough. point is, i am kinda disappointed with my choice. That's why i am considering starting anew, but now i kinda wanted gather more information. I also tried to look for some recommended builds, but that made me even more undecided than before. That's why i decided to ask there, what i should choose as my character?
    There's list of my goals with gw1:

First, i want to experience most, if not all story and content of gw1, then do GWAMM/HoM rewards

I would like to play rather more straighforward than complicated class, at least for the start.

Because my playtime is highly irregular and i don't have anyone to drag with me to this particular gmae, i would rather aim for solo play with heroes/henchmen.

Because i am more inclined to stick with single characted, due to my completionist nature, i would like to versatile character, with at least few viable different builds to choose from. It would be perfect, if i could use this class to play at least some time with every other class as secondary, but just having decend melee and caster build will be good enough.

Speedclears, Hard Mode or min-maxing/optimising my char isn't my real goal here, unless it is required to complete GWAMM/HoM rewards and i don't know about it. That being said I might decide to do something like that later, if i stick long enough, so that being a choice would be nice too. I am just willing to give up that point.

If just playing support/tank for my heroes is a decent option, and not something, which will make my playtime harder than necessary i am ok with playing something like that too.

Besides that i want to ask if there are any places, where i can find guides, gather some info or just learn about the game? So far i know only about PvX. Also is there any active guild wars guild, even if only just to chat once in a while?

As a bonus, my first accomplishment here.