Posts by Davroar

Haha! Yeah the "capture everything instead of just googling what skilltraders have to offer" really did it for me. So far having a blast (on my 2nd run)! Oops. I died during Dunes of Despair the very first attempt. I overaggro'd on the bridge near the enemy Guild Lord after killing that mesmer boss. It has been a while and forgot the "cheese" method, so I got nuked while Alesia stood there and watched.

Currently in Abbadon's Mouth. Have been playing pretty safe so far, when it comes to certain mission bonusses especially. Sadly I've been really busy at work so progress will be a bit slower from now on.

This is the last screenshot I made:

d206ddb9c52d3204c65e31eae89221d1.jpg

Collector's weapon from 5 Topaz Crests in The Crystal Desert, +25 hp added which I salvaged from the Stormy Eyes bow + 20/16 Armor Pen which I got from a purple drop.

Max Gear (infused) and Survivor Runed, +30hp, +1+1 Marksmanship, +1 expertise, 2x vitae. Still have to do the Southern Shiverpeaks Attribute quest now that I think of it..

0 Deaths, playtime, locked storage..

Trying to finish Proph storyline + attribute quest this week, so I can go to cantha and get 1 step closer to unlocking Heroes.

Hello everyone,

My name is Davroar, I am new here on the forums but I think I qualify for being a veteran GW player / enjoyer.

I have almost 9k hours on my main account, over the past 205 months. Sure that's nothing compared to some people here haha.

So I have been playing a lot of OSRS over the years, and stumbled upon the Iron thing in GW. I gave it a shot with a group of friends a year or 2-3 ago but they all quit when we reached the Crystal Desert.

A few years later, now 2023, I stumbled upon Purely's Deathless Iron-Gwamm challenge and that heavily inspired to try it myself.

So here is my current progress:

30b652c5820054171e624fbfafe512b8.jpg

729a9484a44255d38608967bc514245d.png

My biggest downside is that I don't want to do this challenge on a fresh account, since that would make it a lot easier to come up with a solution for the skill traders without having to wiki everything, but I want every "achievement" on my main account. This is why I really like Purely's challenge, because he only uses the skill trader to purchase his Signets of Capture, since all the skills are obtained via Skill quests or by capturing (non) elite's from bosses.

So far, I am roughly 13 hours into my run. Done as many side/skill quests as I can/wanted and am currently sitting in Sanctum Cay, about to do the mission. I am really enjoying the challenge now, especially getting to Sanctum Cay from Lion's Arch.

I put my ruleset into a pastebin and also made a spreadsheet to track my progress/activity. Like I said, Purely really inspired me for this challenge so I want to see how far I can get.

Rules (which might be identical to Purely's, I dont even remember)

Progress / Activity

Did I forget anything? Or have questions? Let me know! ^^

Have a nice day,

Davroar