Consets are the new throw-away plastic bottles ?

• Hi there,

while the world is trying to sharpen people's focus on environmental pollution and it's consequences, it seems to me that GW1-players could use some of this enhanced responsibility in terms of resources as well.

You might have noticed that, for the last few months or even more, NPCs are repeatedly running out on materials, especially to craft consets.

Meanwhile, those sets shift hands stackwise in Spammadan for ~650e/stack - "restricting" the acces to it for rich gamers only.

But that's not what I'm going to talk about.

I'm going to talk about how lavishly they are used, and I'm not talking about speed clears or vanquishing, where consets are used out of sole habit - at least they fulfill their duties in those cases.

I often get to play Zaishen-Quests with ppl who pop consets for obviously no reason. This becomes even more ridiculous, when the group did not even reach their destination. I saw consets (yes, whole sets, not only BUs) popping in the pre-chamber of Slaver's Exile, or just to run to a dungeon's entrance! Used level of effiency: ~ 50sec / 30min = 2,8% !!! Or 2.6 ectos wasted for nothing.

I later asked that guy to sell me some cons for 2 silver Zaishen-coins per Conset. I got no response. Which seems off to me... because he allrdy DID EXACTLY THAT TRADE: Exchanging at least 1 Conset for the daily's Zaishen-Quest reward: 2 Silver-ZCoins that is. :D

What's wrong with these ppl? Are they just brain-dead or do they rly think the group could not make it without cons?

Anyway, I just wanted to point out, that if consets go up in price for this idiotic reason, other "SC-products" - such as BDS, E-blades, etc. - will go up in Price for the same idiotic reason too.

In the end, it's just a game after all, but it kind of ruins it for me.

What's your opinion on this?

• I salvage drops to craft consets, always have a few on me for usage. But I only pop them when I really really am in a tight spot. So I craft more then I need, the ones u don't need I sell.

I recently had the same experience as you, joined a PUG for quite an easy zaishen mission and was quite surprised someone popped an entire set. Sure, it saved us a minute but was totally unnecessary.

• You are talking much about efficiency there, even making the calculation of usage percentage mentioned person got from that conset. But not everyone thinks like that. As you correctly stated this is a game and maybe that person doesn't mind using consets even though the expected profit won't make up for the cost of the conset.

I would go as far as saying that looking for PUGs and setting up builds / roles is more inefficient than just taking your heroes for a quick spin.

However people do those PUG runs for fun and maybe they pop cons for fun even though they aren't needed. There is not much to do about that other than talking to people and making sure you are on the same page about stuff. There is nothing holding you back from forming a cons / pcons-less run if you like the challenge of it. But unless you do so, people will make decicions that will seems unnessary or even plain wrong (from a monteray point of view) and there's nothing wrong about it. It's just their way to play the game.

• I do get when ppl throw a conset (away) just for fun.

But where is the fun in that when your group is actually about to zone to another map the very next minunte?

If you have consets to waste "just for fun", there are better ways to do so, like giving away to other ppl when they solve you a riddle or sth..

• Did you already thought about auto-conset through Toolbox? I see many accidental consets through this function as people tend to forget to switch off this function.

Besides that, humanity is stupid and will always do stupid things. You can think about it for hours or just ignore it.

Just one sprinkle towards your economy point of view: consets are not the only reason for the games bad economy. But it's already too late and no developer cares about the game anymore too change these things.

And really last statement: gather mats for consets through normal gameplay is - besides the feathers - totally possible. You just have to know what to salvage and HOW to salvage things efficiently.

• Your point is taken on the shortages, but really that just means you have to play more to salvage your own. The economy that Anet created with traders’ limited stock was pretty brilliant for this reason. You can’t always rely on something being available, which means prices fluctuate.

That being said, it would be absolutely amazing if one day a dev popped back in and perma banned every ecto/key/arm seller and all of their mule accounts.

The economy would actually be devastated for a time, but I honestly think it would bring a decent number of old players back that left because of all the bots.

• I often pop cons when doing Zmissions with other players.
    I'm not interested in the silver reward, I just aim for an easier run. It's nice to play with PUGs instead of heroes for Zmissions and cons help keeping everyone alive.

I did an MTSC run last November, when the double rep was on. We wasted approx 20 full sets of cons in one run, just to see the icon popping again and again, it was a lot of fun and we had a good laugh on Discord.

Let us waste our cons if we feel like it ;)

• I wholeheartedly agree with everything you said. a) people ARE brain dead, they think the game has endless resources when in fact the game economy reflects the world economy in a very just way - by spinning it the way how it should be: NO INTEREST.

So the materials salvaged, the materials gathered, sold, bought etc they all reflect the game's finite resources, and the idiots who still think they're playing GuildWoW (in their sweet dreams - what a pathetic mood if you ask me) can continue to go fuck themselves in GW2 and play with their tiny weeners there.

My analysis of this situation is that cons will still be used but not extravagantly. They will be used the way they should've been used since forever: WHEN NECESSARY. Spamming a con in every level of a dungeon is just bollox.

So back to where you started; yes people are brain ded. And now unded.