My Ironman Team - still in progress

• Hello out there. :)

I am having a lot of fun playing it the iron way, and I figured I should share some of that with you. Maybe I can inspire someone to also go for it. :)

My self imposed rules were (and mostly still are):

- No help from other non-iron players.

- No help from my own chars.

- Not buying materials / runes / dyes from trader. Selling is ok.

- Have to do all the Quests Missions/Bonus on the way and not skip any content.

- Get only skills, that are available for a fresh char. That becomes more interesting for later chars and the unlocked account skills.

- Don't use collector or quest reward weapons. (That would be boring, wouldn't it?) It will always feel nice when you find a nice weapon you can use!

- Aimed for Survivor titles on most chars and managed to get (1) or (2) but never went for permanent Death.

My first Iron Char was (obviously :) ) a Warrior which I created on my main Account.

Played her through Prophecies, then Factions and also Nightfall and notably never got a Shield with 2 mods.

Grew kinda bored through Nightfall and decided that it was just not good for me and that inscriptions kinda destroy the Iron Way for me.

So after some time I decided to give it a fresh start, got myself a nice new and fresh acc and started there like I started by first Journey in GW back in 2005.

So I made a Monk. Because every Party needed Monks!! (Had a friend tell me that who was already playing :D )

Will Heal For Iron (and Might Prot For Ecto)

It's always good when you have a decent Monk in your team and need not rely on Alesia, or worse - Mhenlo! But its kinda meh when you have to be that Monk yourself. :D

So as soon as I arrived in the plaguestruck Cantha I went to cap RoJ and became the teams main damage-dealer.

During all her time roaming Tyria and Cantha she was able to aquire some pretty sick stuff and to this day probably remains the best equipped Iron Char I have. Also sporting a sweet superior Vigor rune.

Oh, and also getting the 5 superior Monk runes to go 55hp was kinda tough.

She lost her Survivor to the Crashed Ice in the Southern Shiverpeaks. Because, you know, surely those small Ice Elementals over there can not be a serious threat to me!

Here you can see her sporting her Kurzick Armor, but underneath she is sporting some sick elite Tatts!

Next up was the kinda opposite of a Monk - the Necromancer!

Ferrum Necromantius

The Staff I actually got from one of the earlier Chests I opened in the Desert (just outside of Elona Reach, on my way to the Mission Outpost). I was modded like it is, never changed anything. Been using it since then.

That is the kind of drop I dream about when doing Iron Man!

And, look, a Wicked Blade for a wicked Gal!

On Necro I was a bit more Serious about Survivor, made it to ~900k. All through Prophecies and Factions campaign.

Died while farming for the Luxon Armor (like on the last few factions), so I still got the amor but never even wore it. X(

But I also came to really enjoy this (regular) Armor she is sporting.

Most of the time she is being a sweet oldschool Minion Master with 40+ Bone Fiends. ( 8o )

After 3 Fresh Iron Man Chars from Prophecies and doing all the same Quests and Missions every time I decided it was time for a change so I started a Ritualist in Cantha.

Resilient Was Iron

I never really played a Ritualist in Guild Wars before, so it was even more of an iron experience than with the other characters.

Played through Cantha, siding with the Kurzicks as per usual (most of the times I really prefer the Kurzick armor...) and even managed to get a superior Vigor on this one, too!

The Staff is sweet (400g :S ) but not really too much noticable loot on this one apart from that.

Mostly I am in love with the name I came up with for this one, sure contender for favorite character name!

--- More to come soon, stay tuned! ---

Edited 3 times, last by SaGGGan (October 14, 2022 at 8:34 PM).