Closed - Price Check on Gold Trim Guilds

• As the title suggests, I am looking to purchase a Gold Trim Guild (old or unwanted). This is more for preserving a bit of Guild Wars history (in my eyes) than letting the guild fall into memory or ruin. Especially with the player base dwindling as it is, I would hate for more guilds to disappear. I am looking to get a price quote on anyone perhaps willing to sell and to have an idea on the average price range. Cheers.

Disclaimer: I am not interested in the previous history, age or guild tag (gold trim from 2008, is the same as 2022 for me etc), therefore this should not be used as an excuse to severely bump up the price to ridiculous amounts.

Open to have an informal and general chat, just drop me a line :)

BR,

Fein

• when it comes to gold trims, the price 100% depends on the tag and when they were created. if you don't care whether it was botted or not, just a random crappy botted gold trim should run you 400-800a I believe. that's what nik was paying a while ago.

realistically tho, most gold trims usually don't sell for arms. most of the sellers that I've met/talked to about it (cuz I was interested in one too) want real money instead. if you want an OG guild that wasn't botted, it would cost you well into the thousands of arms depending on the guild (or realistically the equivalent in USD/euro, I don't know a single seller who would want arms instead of cash).

If I win an auction, please DM me about it, otherwise I'll probably forget xD

• when it comes to gold trims, the price 100% depends on the tag and when they were created. if you don't care whether it was botted or not, just a random crappy botted gold trim should run you 400-800a I believe. that's what nik was paying a while ago.

realistically tho, most gold trims usually don't sell for arms. most of the sellers that I've met/talked to about it (cuz I was interested in one too) want real money instead. if you want an OG guild that wasn't botted, it would cost you well into the thousands of arms depending on the guild (or realistically the equivalent in USD/euro, I don't know a single seller who would want arms instead of cash).

i moved onto 1000a for any after that and still didn't get any i believe they are about 1500 now..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Nik Shinobi~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• As someone who gets regular requests for trademodding, pricing, availability, and market tempo on gold trims - I feel like I have some insight that may be helpful.

1) Your post is contradictory to itself. You say you wish to make a gold trim purchase to preserve Guild Wars history yet just below it you state you do not care about the previous history, age, tag. What "history" are you exactly trying to preserve?

2) Perception is everything. While you may feel that "history, age, tag" are an excuse to "bump up the price to ridiculous amounts", these factors are reality. A guild such as [EvIL] is the first guild to win gold and play dominantly for the game's significant early life (First two World Championships) with extensive air time and fanbase. Surely you are not foolish enough to consider [EvIL] on the same level/value as a random gold most cannot recall from 2018 or a gold botted in the last 36 months.

3) Perception goes beyond the generally famous OG guilds. Each person is different and their experiences in this game equally different. I started playing when [EvIL] was at its height and started GvG when [iQ] dethroned [EvIL] at the GWFC. However someone else might have not started playing or paying attention to GvG until [rawr] started a dominant run. That person might value [rawr] over [EvIL] as a result of actually watching live play of [rawr]. Someone else might have liked a particular guild's playstyle and become a huge fan as well as developed friendship with that guild's players (regional champs respective to US/EU/Asia). Sentiment and nostalgia can be a strong factor in this case. Because of these few examples out of many, your personal believes of "bumps up" do not invalidate other players' feelings and experiences nor does it decrease the value of the guild in their eyes.

4) Gold trims are and have been a seller's market for some time now. Whether you like it or not, buyers are at the mercy of sellers. Consider getting in contact with a gold trim seller to be a lucky event. Even luckier if that gold trim seller is not just trying to scam you. Compound this situation by the fact that golds won in the past 18 months or so have not been sold, you have a gold trim market that is only continuing to shrink in availability.

If you are looking for sympathy or hoping the entire forum will come to agree with you in hopes that it will talk gold trim sellers down with their prices, I fear you are sadly mistaken.

Supply and demand. History, age, and tag can and will differentiate the price whether you like it or not.

And as always, if you need a trade mod, shoot me a PM. I hear Bobu is good too though I have not met him personally. He charges for his service and I do mine for free/tips.

• Fein December 5, 2022 at 12:56 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Price Check on Gold Trim Guilds” to “Closed - Price Check on Gold Trim Guilds”.
  • bsoltan December 5, 2022 at 8:50 PM

Closed the thread.