Announcing The Second [Flux]less Tournament in april. Looking for volunteers!

• Hey people of the wonderful world of Esports.

I will be hosting an invitational GvG tournament in april: The Second [Flux]less Tournament. At this moment we are discussing the rules and dates of the tournament. To give you an idea how it will look like I’ll give you some information.

- 4 teams. Best of 3 semi-finals and probably finals too.

- Small amount of skill bans.

- Happening in april.

- Prize money.

To make this tournament interesting for the people who aren’t participating I’ve got a few ideas to get people involved. I would need volunteers to help me around with these activities and I’ll give you a small reward as thank you if you are able to help me.

So far what I had in mind to do besides the GvG’s:

- Pre-tournament interviews with a few contestants.

- Video trailer before the tournament starts.

- Highlight video of the tournament (post-tournament ofcourse).

- Live build updates on memorial.

- Streams from the players.

- Commentary streams.

- Short pre- and post-match interviews.

What am I looking for? Volunteers!

- People able to stream in good quality.

- People with GvG knowledge willing to do commentaries.

- People willing to do short pre- and post-match interviews (standardised questions).

- People with video editing skills to make a trailer/highlight video.

- People willing to check builds on match day and put them on pawned/memorial.

- Any ideas to make this tournament interesting to follow!

- Donations.

If you are interested to volunteer please send me a PM in game: Ra The Last Ranger or on Discord: Ra#9928. I will add you to our discord channel where we discuss everything.

• https://imgur.com/HbkSTVU

Tomorrow, the 29th, we’ll be hosting the second [Flux]less tournament around C-AT register time. This tournament will be played in a best-of-three format. There will only be 15 skills banned to promote different builds from the current meta and improve the quality of life in GvG.

Why are you organising this tournament?

We will be hosting this tournament, because we still love playing this game. However the GvG-scene is becoming smaller and smaller. The entry-barriers are extremely high, but with this tournament we want to show that GvG is still a great PvP format.

Why are you banning 15 skills?

We are banning 15 skills, because there haven’t been a skill update in ages. The meta became stagnant and except for some overpowered monthly fluxes they did not really have an impact on the games. We are banning these skills, because they are so strong that they influence the current tactics. We hope by banning these meta skills that the teams will try to be creative and try new builds and tactics. Some skills are also banned, not because they are overpowered in the current system, but because we have to keep things balanced. For example, a popular tactic used to be to run on your midline damage. This was to be able to run flags quickly and safely. We banned damage skills on these flag running builds. Which means it will be easier to push flags, but it also meant that we had to tone-down Troll Unguent on the ranger. This means that the games won’t just be a flag push race from the first minute until Lord Damage.

Why is it a BO3 format?

Currently, the only competitive format available for the GvG-players is to play in an Automated Tournament (AT) system. The rotation of Guild Halls where the players battle is fixed. With the BO3 format teams will have an option to ban a Guild Hall of choice and choose the Guild Halls they prefer to play on. Choosing the correct Guild Halls could lead to huge advantages, because a Guild Hall can favour a certain playstyle and specific builds.

We are doing BO3 rounds, because we think this is more fair than a single game between teams. We hope that playing 3 rounds would lead to teams daring to take more risks, since if you lose 1 match you can still win in the next one if you manage to surprise the opponent team with a risky build. Basically we hope this will lead to more Build Warsing.

What is in it for the players?

Except for everlasting fame there will be prize money in in-game-currency: 150 armbraces from me. Currently I am looking for donations to be able to give these warriors a bigger prize.

How can we follow the tournament?

Firstly, I am still looking for volunteers to help me with this. Every volunteer will receive 1 armbrace as thank you for helping with this tournament.

We will be collecting builds before the teams enter their matches. After they’ve entered we will post them on: http://memorial.redeemer.biz/memorial/

Players from the teams will be streaming/recording the games from first person. This means that people can follow the game with TeamSpeak chat from the teams in it! Links to their channels will be posted later when I’ve got all the streamers.

We will also try to record and stream the games with a couple of volunteers. It will either be games streamed/recorded with or without commentary.