• These are the rules for the various Ironman modes in Guild Wars. If you're looking for a new way to play here's a challenge.

If you so wish feel free to let people know by saying you're taking on the challenge.

-Founder of Guild Wars: a new hope fb group

-Co founder of the kamadan fb group

-Co-founder of Guild Wars Legacy

28 year old game designer, car builder, comic artist, and director.

• Been doing it the "Iron Man" way because of nostalgia for a while but without the stupid "Iron" in the char name. It provides great fun and the game feels different. Like in the old days where you really appreciated getting the next armor set, finding nice runes or capture some nice skills by killing a boss. Watching all the cut scenes again makes you feel comfy and cringe (about the old graphics) at the same time - interesting experience :D

My only exception is chests: I'm crazy about opening chests! So I carry a bunch of lockpicks and open every chest I see. The chest's loot goes into the trash or storage.

So overall it's really recommendable!

• Awesome see such challenge! I can say it is very fun and everyone should try it!

i did play my ele like "ultimate iron man"! took over year get all runes :D (this was like 3years ago)

Extra challenge compared those rules i had was no gwwiki (i hadnt played missions in years so had forgotten everything basically) +did every side quest i found and mission masters before moving onto next areas !

Its great fun! i remember i farmed like 5hrs to get bolts of cloth for my 1st max armors etc xD

• Its great fun! i remember i farmed like 5hrs to get bolts of cloth for my 1st max armors etc xD

Good times.

I am also thinking of starting one. However, maybe we could discuss somethings beforehand.

Like for one, shouldn't this be done on a fresh account? Like eventually you will reach Nightfall and eventually you will get your 7 hero team. Using already unlocked skills on heroes should pretty much nullify the challenge.

For two, I really don't want to play any of the core profs. What do you think of starting in Factions and moving the char to Ascalon asap?

For three, which profession from core ones do you think works best for this challenge. I figure you should go against meta and go for a monk. They could be invaluable in battle, healing henchmen.

For four, would you not use your bank at all. Like, even for gold?

For five, it's pretty cool that everyone is running this challenge after DoomBox posted the video. I havent seen so many '..Iron...' players in game before.

Anywho, have a great day.