Posts by TDR2000

I guess my favorite would be a paragon. Simply because I like the concept of the profession - midliner that shouts to the team - motivating or commanding it. I quite enjoy the profession as it is, but it gets dull really fast. Even if you try to change builds up, it doesn't feel like paragon has good synergies from secondary professions. I mean there probably are, but they are so minuscule that its not even worth searching for them. With that being said, I like paragon, but it has quite a few limitations.

Aand that leads me to Ranger, my most played profession throughout the whole guildwars 1/2. I find it really versatile and adaptable to nearly every situation.

If you want to play melee, pick up some daggers or scythe and go nuts.
    Wanna go ranged, sure, bow is there for you. Want to have a pet, man, we got you covered, go tame one and conquer the world.
    Want to go support, take Rt as secondary and pop offensive or defensive spirits of your choice.
    Want to tank, take but-loads of pcons and start the party.

Ranger is by no means optimal profession; I have to think really hard where ranger would do something better that other classes - interrupts, dps, support.. But its there, its definitely possible to cover a wide spectrum of necessities with a ranger. Therefore, ranger is my favorite.

Also, assassin is pretty cool. But meh. I often enjoy playing with a sin, but the profession seems one dimensional and super 'meta' like.

Minion master and ST rit never should go together. The minions eat the spirits like crazy.

Ouch, thats good to know. For some reason I always thought that spirits affect only party members or allies that appear only in your party screen. Never thought that minions count as allies. :o

I've been using this setup for a few things and I find it struggling quite a lot even with normal mode things. I have them fully runed, sup vigs and all that. Where's the hex removal? It's obvious this build relies on interrupts to prevent getting hexed but what about when you get one? I don't find there to be enough heals. I'm using the IV necro, ST rit, ER ele, 2 inept, 1 panic, and 1 esurge. I can run ER on my ele but I shouldn't have to since this is the dps player setup? What's going wrong here? I expected this build to be much more survivable on at least normal mode.

what profession / build are you running personally?

Maybe, you are trying to do some very AoE intense areas. If so, hero positioning can turn the tide in 90% of the cases. Scatter them, and prevent them from wiping. Also, try changing one of your ineptitude Mesmers to a N/rt who is a mm/resto.

Heyo!

Just to keep some gw related discussion going. What do you think is the hardest and easiest areas to VQ and why? The same goes for missions, which ones are the easiest and which - the hardest?

Also, what are you favorite areas to vq or missions to repeat? are there any?

Hardest VQ for me would be Varjar Fells (for the awful vaettir popups) or Lornars Pass simply because it takes a while to get there. Easiest, is probably Tahnnakai Temple, you can pretty much do the whole area in minutes.

As for missions, I kind of always liked everything Factions related - simple, straight forward, just do it. I might just go for Nahpui Quarter, simply because back in the day, it seemed to be the most painful mission of them all, and now it is awesome. Whenever someone is doing Nahpui from people I play with, i'm definitely game to go. The hardest I would think are the missions where you need some teamwork like Eternal Grove. Also bonus for Iron Mines is a pain if you are on a Hero party.

Anyway, looking forward hearing stuff from you guys!
    Im out!

Ello! Have been off the DoA thing for a while. But I had some time this afternoon and todays ZB were the Stygian lords and I decided to give a go to at least this part. I did it in NM and it wasn't that bad. Contrary to your advice I went on with a ranger, had a splinter barrager alongside with a pet to keep things interesting. As for heroes, I had 3 necros (the traditional discord team), panic and ineptitude mesmer, ST ritualist and commandogon - nothing too specific in the composition.

Have to say that it went all right, but I noticed early on that I need to fine tune my team. I don't think it is the same for all the areas, but here the mobs are coming in huge chunks, and it feels like I should take some additional AoE spells/skills. Also, the tendrils almost wiped the team, as normaly minions were taking the aggro, but this time minions were dead and I was able to see 6/8 heroes wipe with a single blow from the larger tendril. Yeah, great that I had a resurrection signet with me!

Anywho, hopefully I will be able to continue on with my DoA journey soon!

I would assume that more favorable requirement weapons are dropping in NM. However, you also get more grapes and don't count towards your treasure hunter. On the other hand you can retain more picks this way.

Also, what is up with heroes? Am I wrong in thinking that they have 0 impact on the chest drops?

I did buy it, in fact I also bought HoT! Without the expansion, GW2 seemed all right. There wasn't too much of a grind involved and the game was very forthcoming to casual players. However, with the introduction of Masteries, the game became a chore. You simply have to grind your xp, grind for gear, grind for everything. Too much grind for me.

On the bright side, I really love the jumping aspect of the game - getting to certain locations and making the map exploration that bit of more interesting.

That said, I don't play gw2, and I don't think i will pick it up any time soon. I tried to play last LS episode, but that was extremely boring. Comparing to GW, its just mindless button mashing. Not cool.

Can confirm, I also have issues with this.

To me the message states that: ''The URL you entered for your avatar does not appear to be valid. Please ensure you enter a valid URL.''

I have tried various servers and websites, but its pretty much the same message. The picture I have chosen is .jpg, about 5kb large and 64x64p in size.

I mean, I don't think the NM would be extremely difficult. But its good to know that there are some skills that work better there than others. Also, I guess it is possible to fail DoA simply because you don't know the quest details (like invulnerable Vengeful Aataxes).
    Thanks for the input and encouragement.

Gonna keep you updated how it went!

Hello Guildies!

First of all, I am not sure whether this is the right place to pop this thread, but since I am not coming up with a build myself, I thought that this could work. If not, mods please move it to where it belongs, or at least before deleting tell me where it belongs.

As that is out of the way, lets jump into my discussion!

Basically I want to clear DoA. And nowadays it is difficult to find people who are willing to try it out without meta sc build.

At my disposal I have an Assassin, Paragon and a Ranger, who have decently equipped heroes with weapon sets and runes etc. So which one would fit the most?

What do you guys think I should be using and which heroes should I bring? Maybe, let me know what is essential for the run and what doesn't work (maybe minions are pointless..).

In any case I would appreciate any input for this - tricks, tips, hints, build suggestions, locations, status effects etc. Hopefully i will be able to finish DoA areas over the weekend!

Thanks!