Posts by Hyper

Prophecies:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Factions:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Full loop:

Nightfall:

Hm, I love GW2, but it took me very long. I started playing GW2 in the beta weekends and created my char in the PreRelease headstart weekend but

only a few weeks after the game's official release I more of less got disappointed by the new weapon-based skill system and could not find a build that suited a convenient playing style for me. This ultimately resulted in me going back to GW1 until around GW2's Season 1 finale. (I missed all of Season 1 because of this)

I wanted to play Elementalist with a simple game play: Click target and spam spells. But GW2 did not give me this option. Skills are tied to weapons and almost every weapon gave me ground target skills or -even worse- skills that move your character around. But after some time ArenaNet made an option to lock ground targeting to the selected enemy and I found a nice scepter/dagger build that did not move my char around so I finally got into GW2.

Nowadays GW2 is my main game, but I still play GW1 and I cherish my past journey with this game. This franchise really meant a lot to me the past 16 years.

2006; Reached the Ring of Fire islands

2007; Got my Elite Kurzick armor

2007; Proud after completed the Titan Quests after many attempts when it was still very hard (Max 3 heroes, no consets)

2007; Just after getting my Tyrian Grandmaster Cartographer

2007; April fools day. If I were a female, I would have looked like this.

2007; Just loved the lighting here.

2007; First FoW completion for HoM

2011; Got my "Savior of the Kurzicks" title, almost entirely from playing Fort Aspenwood

2017; Reached my GWAMM. The end of a 10 year journey.

2020; What do you do when you got everything? You find your secret twin!

2022; Do I need to remind anyone how beautiful this game is?

2022; My wallpaper, also got an animated one of this. (DreamScene video wallpaper)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtWb__hxaaQ

This is as aswesome as insane. I have to remind myself that it took me 10 years (2007 to 2017) to get my GWAMM and my hero died 18,460 times.

GWAMM is the biggest thing I achieved in any game so far. At least in 2017. It took me so many days and struggles that I'm still extremely proud of it. (I'm not a highly skilled player, so I have to rely on my iron dedication to achieve things)

By now, perhaps I achieved more in GW2. But I still proudly wear my GWAMM title there because GW2 has nothing like it.

My skill may not be the best, but with iron dedication year after year, one can achieve great things. Here are some videos of my progress towards my Hall of Monuments and the maxed titles rank from 2007 to 2017.

2008:

YouTube

2009:

YouTube

2017: Finally GWAMM

YouTube

HoM calculator link

Yes.

As Guild Wars Legacy player who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2, I started playing during the first beta weekends. However, only a few weeks after the game's official release I more of less got disappointed by the new weapon-based skill system and could not find a build that suited a convenient playing style for me. This ultimately resulted in taking a long break with the game until around the Season 1 finale. But after this break I gave the game a second try and found a nice and convenient Scepter/Dagger build which focused on Earth Magic and condition damage. (Bleeding) Having finally found a nice build I quickly found myself back into the game, finishing the main story line. Here I regained an old hobby of me, namely Title/Achievement Hunting like I did in GW1. I also find great enjoyment in just exploring the game, including trying to break out of the normal accessible parts of the map and void jumping.

The new achievement system has proven to be a good motivator for me to try out new content and game modes, including WvW and some PvP. I still consider myself to only be a casual player but I enjoy the game and hope to continue to have a wonderful journey through the beautiful world of Tyria.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Hyper

You have played this character for 6,304 hours 11 minutes over the past 127 months.
    Across all characters, you have played for 6,810 hours 2 minutes over the past 127 months.

You have died 18,246 times.

Yesterday, I finally reached my GWAMM title after 10 years of Guild Wars.

I released an updated version of my HoM tour:
    hom_thumb.png
    [amoff]Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2017[/amoff] (50/50 + GWAMM)

Previous HoM tours:
    [amoff]Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2008[/amoff]
    [amoff]Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2009[/amoff] (HD)

Wiki user page:
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Hyper

Hi there. I'm an old user of the Guild Wars Guru website, which sadly seems to be gone now. With a bit of Googling I found this new GW forum to which I registered today. Thanks admin for activating my account!

Yesterday, during the last day of the boardwalk games, I maxed my last title towards "God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals". With this, an epic 10 year journey has come to its end.

The first title I maxed was Tyrian Grandmaster Cartographer and it truly felt like an achievement. Over the years I slowly worked towards new milestones, but for a long time I considered GWAMM to be unreachable. However, the game developed and I grew with it. Last summer I finally made the last big leap with 6 hard-mode titles, the Vanquishers and two of the three Guardians leaving me at 29/30. Until today.

Video tour:
    hom_thumb.png
    [amoff]Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2017[/amoff] (50/50 + GWAMM)

Previous HoM tours:
    [amoff]Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2008[/amoff]
    [amoff]Hyper's Hall of Monuments 2009[/amoff] (HD)

-------------

October 2006 - May 2017

You have played this character for 6,304 hours 11 minutes over the past 127 months. Across all characters, you have player for 6,810 hours 2 minutes over the past 127 months.

XP: 14,594,599

Tyrian Grandmaster Cartographer (1)
    Canthan Grandmaster Cartographer (1)
    Elonian Grandmaster Cartographer (1)
    Legendary Cartographer (1)
    Protector of Tyria (1)
    Protector of Cantha (1)
    Protector of Elona (1)
    Tyrian Elite Kill Hunter (1)
    Canthan Elite Kill Hunter (1)
    Elonian Elite Kill Hunter (1)
    Legendary Skill Hunter (1)
    Legendary Spearmarhall (10)
    Holy Lightbringer (10)
    Slayer of All (10)
    Secret Agent (10)
    Legendary Delver (10)
    Not Too Shabby (10)
    Savior of the Kurzicks (12)
    Savior of the Luxons (12)
    Legendary Survivor (3)
    Life of the Party (2)
    Connoisseur of Confectionaaries (2)
    Incorrigible Ale-Hound (2)
    Canthan Vanquisher (1)
    Elonian Vanquisher (1)
    Tyrian Vanquisher (1)
    Legendary Vanquisher (1)
    Guardian of Cantha (1)
    Guardian of Elona (1)
    Blessed by Fate (6)

I really want to thank all of my (former) guildies and long forgotten random heroes who helped me along the way. I could not have it done without you.

My GW Wiki page