Posts by hal

The chatfilter is really great. But unless I am completely missing something, some of the instructions in this thread are wrong.

Its correct that the file need to be named "chatfilter.ini" and saved in %userprofile%"\documents\guild wars"

You can use notepad.exe to edit and just save in UTF-8 format.

Syntax (the important part) below [ChatFilter] is simply: trigger = action, scope
    Example:

Code
    [ChatFilter]

mmosky.com = Suppress, Any
    gw2sale.com = Suppress, Any
    GW2SàLè = Suppress, Any

For those of you uncomfortable creating a filter from scratch I have attached my current chatfilter.ini as a zip-file.

The last line (action = censor) is simply for testing whether a trigger works. Try changing "# testword" to: ecto: If your chatfilter.ini is in the right folder (working) the following:

"WTB 17 ecto" will display as "WTB 17 ----"

For convenience: Create a shortcut on your desktop to chatfilter.ini in your Documents\Guild Wars folder - Makes it a lot easier to change the file while ingame.

And it's great!

I spent way to much time trying to learn to like that "other incarnation" of Guild Wars. Sure updated gfx and ability to move/dodge and cast on the move is great... But boiling everything down: It lacked the soul, spirit and general pulse that was omnipresent in GW.

Sure, a lot have changed and the pop is way down (I can still remember a constant 30-60 ppl in Piken Sqaure, at least 2 persons selling Altheas ashes). But the game still has active players... AND we can build our own teams with the tools (heroes/hench) the game provides if we can't find online players.

After seeing a video of Peter Kadar on YT I logged in, took a deep breath and deleted that lvl. 14 derv I never really got in to. Started all over and man... For anyone that can look past the DX9 era graphics, not meeting other players outside of towns and the inability to jump: This game is still unmatched and I still have a few side quests undone.

If I get bored again: Time to look at those 3 10+ year characters I still have in pre :)

A BIG Thanks to the creators of this site for keeping the spirit alive and kindling the interest!

My hidden r/b was 70 armbraces so "trade chat".
    I wasn't too clear in my OP but "trade chat" won this one.

***mod edit--in the future EDIT your top post, there is no need to bump your thread to close it (see Xunlai Market Rules for more on this)---mod edit***

Putting this old bugger up for sale :)

Probably completely irrelevant to everyone: It dropped from an angry skeletal dude some 11+ years ago, during a guild expedition back when grabbing the (Menzies) book (unholy text) turned you into a aggro-magnet/tank

'Nuff talk. Heres the axe. Yeah theres a r/b but not planning to let this run forever: Selling or dropping 2 weeks from now or when my r/b is met.

2zjet03.jpg

Joined 2 weeks after launch. (Saw the beta footage: Lego in Fantasyland... Thought: No way ;-))
    Came back after disappointing GW2/Anet v.2
    So far: GW - 12k hours. Early Gwamm etc. - Still working on LDoA :)

Gods, I miss TA :)

Recently got back to and I am totally in the dark on current value of stuff.
    Heck, an armbrace was 25-26 ecto when I left, so I could use a PC on this old axe:

2zjet03.jpg