Posts by Ying Tze

this why we need a tos complaint version

Indeed, though I hope if they are to embark on developing this, it's actually incorporated into the game client directly. Otherwise we'll have all the fun and games again with users not knowing 100% if they are using a legitimate version (and would certainly negate the standard Gaile responses).

Howdy peeps,

Another returning player from way back (been playing for a while but only recently found this site since the old guru is now retired - of which I originally posted under the Guru name of Coverticus).

I used to lead the Blue Academy (when running was in it's infancy - happy Droknars running days!) , plus an advocate of 55ing in the early days.

Hopefully the fun times may continue again!

This is somewhat reminiscent of 2010 again with AN being very quiet on API usage, aside from a generic post in Guru (along the lines of Gaile's reply in this thread). Not so fond memories of the result :(

I admit I like some of the features that GWTB gives - reminds me of the functions I was working on when I received the Dhumming (extracting player and storage item information so that I could find items over multiple characters/accounts). Given that the player base significantly smaller now, I would be surprised if they took banning action for this - however, this is AN after all so you can never be confident that this will indeed be the case.

All I can say is be careful, maybe take a historical heads up therefore and disable using the tool until such a time as this is properly clarified or a compliant version is sanctioned into the game client - believe me, there is nothing worse than losing an account caught up in something like this (especially when the tool is not being used for nefarious reasons!).