Posts by Guild Cape

u farm that with a sos build or a derv? and in nm right?

Yes, NM. I should add that I don't think farming this is at all worth doing from a financial perspective, my estimation would have the mini droprates into the realms of 1 in xxxxx. Certainly both me and Peter Kadar got to somewhere in the region of 30 green weapons before seeing a mini. It is however way more interesting than farming other things to me because of the sheer amount of variety in the things that can happen and that to be successful you really benefit from thinking about what the correct way to deal with each group is.

I haven't really explored the full range of things that might work to farm this, but I suspect derv is going to have a bad time: some of the healing bars have really quite a high output, there's a huge variety of stuff that makes melee sad, and not even spell targeting preventers will save you from some of the things they have (eg dark apostasy, signet interrupts, signet of humility) - Peter Kadar farmed one peacekeeper group with predictable comp over and over on a derv, but comparing his data to mine suggests put his green weapon drop rate as 1/3 to 1/4 of mine, which I think suggests he got bodied by antifarm really hard.

I've just been running around and clearing whole areas, the bars I've tried and had some success with are:

1. SoS: it works, it's the easiest thing to work with on this list by a fair margin, but its bad matchups (eg SoD divine peacekeeper) are really bad and trying to direct spirits to shoot something in particular is painful.
    2. PI/wastrels mesmer: This can kill pretty much everything solo, including all the primary questline up to battle for LA. If you want to try hard mode, this is without a doubt the best thing on this list.
    3. Assassin's Promise based stuff. It's harder to unpick the really problematic multiple healer/resurrection groups with this but if you try to avoid them, this is the fastest killing approach I have found. You're still at the mercy of EVAS deciding to wake up and act completely braindead for little discernible reason, but it is what it is.

Battle for LA can give you some really high kill rates but as far as I can tell does not drop greens: I got 3 stacks of orders here without seeing a single one - which at 10% drop rate means I got a kill count of ~7500, way way beyond the 1/300-400 droprate I'm seeing for green weapons elsewhere.

I have no idea if HM affects green/mini drop rates. It's really quite a challenge to get solo kills at all there, but it might be able to make the nongreen loot actually slightly more exciting than the complete and utter garbage you get from NM.

Thanks!

Both the Dorians I got were in Riverside Province explorable. Not that it means anything, but the first screenshot was by the Jade ranger boss in the temple, this one was at the bottom of the ramp up to the gaze meme bar necro boss.

WiK is now being mean and I'm getting way over my recorded rate for weapons, but somehow I don't think I can complain :P

Wow...

How many kills was that in between? Crazy luck!

Big gzzzz

Thanks!

And good question - I stopped recording killcounts because I'm not needing to wait ages for energy between kills consistently any more.

Statistically, I'd put three weapons at somewhere around the 900-1200 mark, but based on the areas I remember going and clearing and the number of mantle that spawn it might be more like 500-600.

Me, posting here for the first time in years less than 24 hours ago:

the wiki is inconsistent in a few places - eg the White Mantle page and only there states that Mantle Devotees can drop Long Arm of the Law, which has me assume that they don't

Guild Wars, the next WiK green I get:

Not exactly a thrilling drop, but the timing amused me a bit... plus I could fix the wiki :)

Congrats!

As someone who's been recently fully solo clearing WiK areas in NM (currently at 22 green weapons and 0 minipets), it's interesting to compare numbers. Given you seem to be killing 3 green dropping foes each run (Firebrand, Divine, Enforcer), your green drop rate from weapon dropping foes is presumably ~1/1146.

Of my logged kills, I'm up to 12 weapons in 3747 kills of enemies that seem known to be able to drop weapons (the wiki is inconsistent in a few places - eg the White Mantle page and only there states that Mantle Devotees can drop Long Arm of the Law, which has me assume that they don't) - which puts me at a rate of more like ~1/312.

I recently started logging Confessor's Orders in areas where there are no helper NPCs that can potentially steal kills without loot. While I'm measuring Mantle, and your actual kill count for this is going to be hard to determine by the sometimes-there 4th group member, our numbers here are much more comparable (3445/43560 that assumes 3 kills every run is ~8%, mine is more like 9% with less than 1000 kills of data).

Sure, I don't have anywhere near your dataset size here, and I'm assuming consistency between areas/peacekeeper/mantles but it is maybe slightly interesting that comparing our numbers would suggest that the antifarm code knocked down your weapon drop rates to probably somewhere in the 1/3 to 1/4 range to what I'm getting from just wiping out whole areas. Obviously, life probably isn't long enough to ever hope to get any real insight into the effects (if any) this might have on the minis, but it's maybe a little interesting that Orders are seemingly not hit anywhere near this hard.

The place I've been shoving data: https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Loggy/WiK

Ello,

So I'm pretty clueless as to what makes OS items collectible, besides the fact that nonmax probably aren't going to be worth much. I expect most of this is merch/salvage fodder, but I'd really appreciate some opinions from those who know better than I :)

In addition to the image, the following max low req inscribables:

q0 blue suntouched spear (8-12)

q3 blue tribal spear (10-16)

q2 blue sharktooth shield (ar10)

q3 blue sharktooth shield (ar11)

q5 gold sharktooth shield (ar13)

Thanks!

Hmm, I didn't know about the hornbow. I think I might've salvaged a gold insc one too...

It sucks that there's no great setup for farming the mantle. The nice thing about the Justiciar's End is you can grab a few heroes and just afk it repeatedly, though I might check the Hayda quests at some point too.

Concerning Shiro'ken: I'm of the opinion that certainly those in gate of madness won't drop them or we'd know about it by now. It's a required area in what is most likely the hardest mission in the campaign, the chances of somebody getting and reporting the drop is probably significantly greater than someone having obtained an insc white reaver from EoTN side quests, providing that the drop isn't just the next mini polar bear. The side quests might therefore be the same, or they may not: it's really hard to tell.

As for the EoTN star blade, that's one enemy in a pretty forgettable quest that is practically uncompletable in HM due to the soldier's stance buff in ~2010 which added blocking. Probability there seems a bit better...

Questions about the existence of abnormal drops from "out of place" mobs: if Justiciar's End (and similar quests) can yield insc white reavers, why can other NF/EoTN quests that spawn mobs dropping noninsc only skins not work the same way?

For what it's worth, I've sat and ran through that quest a few times and had only blue inherentless white reavers and shining mauls thus far.

Examples, off the top of my head:

Shiro'ken in realm of torment (Oni blade, forbidden staff, etc)

Star blade in Kilroy's tournament (Celestial staff/scepter)

WoC corsairs, but these use different bars so perhaps not (OS NF skins?)

Obsidian furnace drake from Drakes on the Plain (insc FoW drops, potentially 6-27 q8 insc chaos axe?)

Also, surely it is possible to still obtain r8 magmas shields from running maguuma chests in Tangle Root during Defend Denravi? I gave up quite quickly as it feels like there's exactly one chest that can spawn anywhere in the entire zone... Admittedly it's a dire run, like attempting to get q8 oni blades is currently, but I suppose I'm taking a bit of a theoretical viewpoint here.