Posts by swansonson

What I think the op had in mind is playing the game more seriously and no offence to all the LGiT, pupu and other casual pve guilds, it's hard not to label them as casuals.

As for taking the game more seriously, SC guilds have been rather toxic throughout the years, flaming people for underperforming during runs, but that stems from a very minute margin of error when it comes to Speedclear runs. They have also been quite reclusive when it comes to the elitist part of SC scene, but that's also understandable, since the want to keep the runs consistently fast.

As for PvP, RA and GvG are the only actual PvP instances that are still considered to be PvP. There is like 40 GvG players that play MAT's on a consistent basis and majority of them have been playing GvG for many years and managed to get far beyond a regular player's grasp, hence every month when you open obeserve to check the matches, you'll see the same faces on and on. They did make attempts of doing scrims with new players and teach them, but it looked more like recruiting fresh meat to beat. Some players did thrive off those scrims, but they had to put a lot of time, research and patience towards it. When it comes to RA, the situation looks slightly different. Here, the issue lies on the shoulders of arenanet and lack of player and ranking balance. For instance, a newcomer with no rank or g1 is very likely to be pitched against a g10+ player. During the short battle, the g0 elementalist is being trained by a g12 hammer warrior, to the point where the ele is locked in a knocklock because he doesn't know how to prevent or defend against quarterknocks, the g0 player gets easily discouraged (or assumes that the enemy is cheating, which might be the case sometimes) and leaves the game. A change regarding assigning players accordingly to their ranks (e.g. a g0 player can play with anyone from g0 to g3 and g12 player anyonone from g9 to g12) should have been implemented years ago, but now, I'm aware that the game is dying, therefore with such system there would be very few matches.

On top of that you have all the kama kids with botted Gamer and Hero titles, which despite being avoidable, they are still quite vocal whenever a newbie tries to do some shopping in Kamadan.

The solution to all of those is to carefully pick nice players and add them to your friendlist if you want to just PvE. When you want to do SC's there are several guilds that still do training runs + there are some online guides, so once you get the basics, keep improving and then you might join one of those toxic SC guilds which from the outside look toxic, but inside they are actually quite pleasant once they get to know you. As for PvP, you are going to need a lot of resilience towards toxic RA players, but it's the best place to start and learn PvP basics, so don't be afraid to lose and if you get flamed for specific mistakes, try to erradicate them (the mistakes ofc). Watch MAT battles to see how GvG looks like and try to copy the top players. Try out several playstyles, frontline, midline, backline etc. and figure out which one you like the most, then try to focus on improving your skills in that specific areas. Try not to stay one profession exclusive, since playing other professions can give you insight regarding the entire game. Once you get the grip over the technical and mechanical aspects of the game, you might start thinking about GvG.

Obviously the entire PvP scene might seem toxic, but that's the main idea of the game and GW1 has always been incredibly competitive.

If you don't care for casual PvE, don't feel like learning SCs or pushing through PvP then just uninstall ^^ (wow that was toxic)

Hey, I've always been using Multilaunch but recently I've been having some problems with it, namely, I run it and there is a pop notification about running a foreign program as always. I press yes and there is no further activity, nothing pops up in the processes. I've been wondering if I should maybe switch to GW Launcher by KAOS. Is anyone familiar with that app? If so, what's your opinion? I'd also appreciate any tips regarding getting Multilaunch to work.