Posts by fallhall

I guess this is a controversial opinion, but it's not very surprising to me that the type of people to really consistently hang onto a desolate game that's over a decade old aren't very personable. I'm not saying that as an outsider, I was extremely happy with collectibles I bought for this game in the year of our lord 2019, so I'm of the people I'm criticising. Just think it's silly to be defensive--if you need tricks and tips to get around the wave of scumbaggery, that doesn't make the community "generally good." I throw my hat in with OP's camp, if for nothing but the sake of argument.

I only actually did it once in Guild Wars--with my monk at a Forever Knights event years ago. I've always wanted to do it since, but I was too young and too shy to join any RPers at the time.

I think that although the game story doesn't lend itself to RPing at all, the universe is so rich that I find it very easy to create backstories. I know what happens to some of my toons from birth to death and I'm invested. I'd love to pull them out and make a story with some folks, but (a) there's virtually no interest and (b) the last time I RP'd a whole story was in middle school and it was self-indulgent anime shit. Nothing wrong with being self-indulgent, but I have no idea how to actually build and carry a plot.