Posts by Bluey

I would have merched this without a second thought.

Reasons: the skin is medium, it's blue, one off damage kills it.

(edit: sorry, for q8 it is max damage actually, but not many people collect these as far as I know)

It's probably going to be very hard to sell anyways. I wouldn't spend time or storage space on it.

There's even a green with this skin called Hajkor's Flame with 20/20 stats.

I'm new here, so you may want to wait for someone else to confirm.

Great video! As a player who started off with a warrior, I think this guide quite accurately captures what it feels like to play it. :)

I very much agree with having Splinter Weapon! Attack a mob ball with it and get a satisfying BAM! I think it's better than Strength of Honor or a Conjure elemental skill, though you can actually use all of them combined, mostly for fun. :D

Adding to the elite section, personally my favorite is Soldier's Stance. It's got maintainable block + increased attack speed, and is really smooth and relaxing to use. It's also quite good on a hero too. Here's an example bar from PVX wiki:

[Build=OQATEHKX5xvAYmaAA3CPRUDAA]

Optional skills: Asuran Scan, Save Yourselves, For Great Justice, Conjure

Fourth, give me your armbraces.

Hahaha, I really laughed :D

I'm gonna look real stupid if you meant this as a joke so now you gotta quit

Rest assured It's totally not a joke! Thanks for the encouragement! And filling the spare time is a good idea!

lowering Time spent on forum/yt/Discord (gw topics I mean ) to not make you stuck in game even while not playing it

I'll definitely try to "not play" while I not play, and lower the total time spent on GW as a first step. Thank you! :)

Dear fellow players,

I have to admit, I am addicted to the game, and I need help.

I have owned GW for 15+ years, and it has always been my favorite.

I have a very stressful and demanding day job. I have a family (wife, no children yet). I have no other hobbies besides GW. I have always been playing in my free time, and have short-sightedness. I often go to sleep late due to being hooked up in the game and forgetting about time. Then I had to get up early to go to work. I often regret not sleeping well, and need more and more coffee to get by. After work, I am so stressed out that all I can do is play GW. I spend almost no time interacting with my wife, who has became frustrated just because of this. I have not exercised for ages and have become frail physically. I know something is wrong.

I looked up the definition of addiction, and here's the DSM-5 Criteria for Substance Use Disorders: (the criteria doctors use)

1. Taking the substance in larger amounts or for longer than you're meant to.
    2. Wanting to cut down or stop using the substance but not managing to.
    3. Spending a lot of time getting, using, or recovering from use of the substance.
    4. Cravings and urges to use the substance.
    5. Not managing to do what you should at work, home, or school because of substance use.
    6. Continuing to use, even when it causes problems in relationships.
    7. Giving up important social, occupational, or recreational activities because of substance use.
    8. Using substances again and again, even when it puts you in danger.
    9. Continuing to use, even when you know you have a physical or psychological problem that could have been caused or made worse by the substance.
    10. Needing more of the substance to get the effect you want (tolerance).
    11. Development of withdrawal symptoms, which can be relieved by taking more of the substance.

I am not too surprised to find that I met most of the descriptions above. Gaming is a psychological addiction, so there may seem to be less withdrawal symptoms. However, if I didn't play GW, I become easily agitated and short-tempered. Then I spend time thinking about GW; about builds, farms, stuff I got in-game. When I'm free to play again, I jump right back in. Playing GW takes my worries away for the time being, but I find it difficult to live without it. And now that I found this awesome forum (GW legacy), even during work I can't control the urge to check it out once every few minutes. It's like I can physically stop playing and leave the computer, but my mind still goes on an on with the game.

Though the years, I progressed very far in the game, grinding titles I wanted one after another, getting cool miniatures and weapons. But my real life has stopped its progression. I can't do well on work assignments because I can't focus. I can't get along with my wife because I don't have spare time for her, not to mention other family members. I haven't talked to my parents for months. I don't want kids or other things to happen in my life because I think it means less time to play. I am a grown-up but I don't think I am a responsible person.

Oh, I've tried to quit before. I've tried pretty hard. There were a few times when I really regretted missing out on important things in real life, and out of rage, I deleted all my precious stuff and toons (made the account as clean as new). And I did that twice. I have even changed my password to gibberish so that I can't login forever. But it didn't work. I contacted support and got a new password, then slowly regained some fortune in-game until I was twice as rich as before.

I love GW, but to a degree, GW has destroyed my life, again and again.

I know those ectos and arms are just virtual riches, and the items are just 3d models.

I know nothing lasts forever. (certainly not the everlasting tonics, haha)

I know I need to stop.

I need help.

;(

Bump, still looking for a price!

I'm just a collector, not looking for profit. Just needed a good estimation.

[My research]

I found a post in the price check section for a Tengu Shield, and someone said in the replies that a Mursaat Shield was 60-80a. That was from 2018.

I found some posts in the selling section, and bidding prices for this shield ranged from 40-80a; one was sold in May 2020 for 40a.

I searched the trade chat and people were trying to sell at prices like 50-100a within ~2 years, but not many results showed up.

Been asking in-game too, but the prices I got were all over the place... from 30a to over 100a.

Also, I was also wondering if the requirement (str, tac, com) affected the price, or not at all.

Thanks!

Greetings build builders. I'd like to share the team I use for daily Zaishen quests.

My own assessment of this team:

- Pros: Runs around fast; kills fast; able to do most hard mode contents

- Cons: Defense is somewhat lacking; relies on summons; needs corpses

The main perk is 3 Fall Backs on the Mesmers, because most of the time questing is spent running around. The Mesmers will follow you closely when running, and will not stop for casting outside of battles (while other heroes may lag behind to summon minions or cast bundled ashes). You can always expect Fall Back to cover you when running. :)

Player build:

Assassin's Promise spiker (for quick kills)

[Build=OQeR4ZaBaX0mMmUREAAAAAA]

fill up the blanks with any energy management skills from your profession

[Build=OQek4xmypii0C0uoNZMpi4LmFWIG]

- Equipment: anything that adds up to two 10% HCT for spells, for faster AP and EVAS casting

For example: staff with "Don't Think Twice" and "Swift" staff head

Another example: spear with "Don't Think Twice" + focus with a "Swiftness" core

* Note: For non-caster professions (W, R, A, D, P), if you don't want BiP to be casted on you automatically, use a spear. You may switch to a staff when you really need energy, and BiP will then be casted on you by the hero's AI.

* Note for Paragons: Remember that Heroic Refrain builds are compatible with this hero setup, especially in difficult areas.

My other AP builds

[Build=OgcTY574ZaBaX0mMmURE3gzg2AA]

[Build=OAej4xiM5QLQ7i2kxkKiYMdiMTA]

[Build=OgdTwQP/VaBaX0mMmUREZICitBA]

[Build=OAdTYUP/RaBaX0mMmURE3JCitBA]

[Build=OwVTMWP/NaBaX0mMmURc5LCitBA]

[Build=Owlj4xf4pSLQ7i2kxkKivYRQsNA]

[Build=Ogej4xfIrSLQ7i2kxkKi0XRQsNA]

Mesmer runners:

[Build=OQlkAkC8gZezO+EkDmemuhQGAnC]

[Build=OQlkAkC8gZezO+EkDmemuhQGoGD]

[Build=OQlkAkB8gZe0O2LACIJQeGRQGQNG]

- Equipment: 20/20 wand and focus, Prodigy insignias

The supports:

Minion master:

[Build=OANDUshvSyBUB4BKgbhVVaR3VA]

- Equipment: staff with 20+20 HCT death, +20% enchantments, a Bloodstained insignia

N/Rt SoS hybrid healer:

[Build=OAhjYghqIPXzyJGrqKNncDzLGA]

- Equipment: 20/20 restoration wand and focus

BiP healer:

[Build=OAhkQoG4hEyzdY3VVFeSzJ3wccC]

- Equipment: 20/20 restoration wand and focus, +1 & +2 headgear to hit 13 bood magic

ST:

[Build=OAOjAyhDJPYTr3ZbzBNdmtkLGA]

- Equipment: a staff of preference (e.g. +60hp staff), Shaman's insignias

Overall, the builds include:

- 2 condition removals

- 3 enchantment removals

- 3 hex removals

- 2 hard resurrection skills

- Maintainable "Fall Back" and "Stand Your Ground" :)

[Mission-specific] ... personal preferences

- 4-men areas: I would take the N/Rt hybrid, E-surge, and Minion master or another E-surge; for very easy areas I'd take 3 Mesmers

- 6-men areas: I would leave out the BiP and an E-surge

- For Imperial Sanctum and Gate of Madness, I would take an assassin with Flashing Blades and Wild Blow to tackle Shiro

- For A Time For Heros, I would take 2 UA monks instead of the ST Rit and Minion master

- For Moddok Crevice, I would take an Ele with Deep Freeze to snare the 2 Corsair Runners

- For A Chance Encounter (WoC farm), I would take UA monk instead of Minion master

- For Nightfall missions that require a specific hero, I would leave out an E-surge, and give the hero this bar:

[Build=OgWjIwDM7MygLQOAna6GCZgWGA]

No team is perfect for any situation, and may need adjustments here and there. Please share your thoughts and suggestions. Any comments are appreciated. Thank you for reading.

You mind putting up the runes and insignias and which headpiece you have for this build?

I'm not the original post, but In my opinion, for a Heroic Refrain build...

Headgear +1 and +3 Leadership, you need 16 Leadership for Heroic Refrain to hit +4 after casting it on yourself

Centurion's Insignias on all armors

other than that it's personal preferences

Nice build!

I also tried to maintain Serpent's Quickness and There's Nothing to Fear a few days after Heroic Refrain was released! Ended up with the same first four skills, but the rest were motivation skills (Aria of Zeal/Restoration), since my heroes usually had Stand Your Ground + 3 Fall Backs. I admit up-keeping There's Nothing to Fear is quite nice against armor-ignoring damage, but in the end a half-bar Save Yourselves build (e.g. SY, FGJ, Flurry) still seemed more straightforward to use, and offered better protection. That's just my opinion though.

Thanks for sharing this new build! Also, Serpent's Quickness is a great quality-of-life booster for Heroic Refrain! :)