Posts by Cifer

Hello everyone,

I've been away from this game for years, and back when I played UA monks weren't used in speed clears at all, or at least very rarely. I therefore have some questions about the equipment in this build (I assume it will be the same for any other team build with a UA monk):

https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_DoA_Solo_Tank

1. Why the +3 Protection rune on armor that is not the headpiece? I figure that the way you play this type of monk is by switching to your +4 Divine Favor headpiece and 40/40 Divine Favor set to cast UA, then put on your Protection headpiece to cast the other spells.. Why do you need the other +3 rune?

2. Why a 20/20 healing offhand? I understand that the enchantment weapon is for your seed, and I understand that you need a focus for the 20% skill recharge. However, what does the 20% cast speed on healing spells do? The build uses a Healing Prayers stat of 0 and nothing in the bar is affected by it, so why not a Divine Favor focus? Did they change Seed of Life to be affected by Healing Prayers recharge and cast time reductions? Or is that an error and should say "20/20 Protection Prayers offhand"?

And why does this build: https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_DoA_Trenchway say a staff is also an option, but for one-handed weapons it says "sword", in addition to offering a shield as an option instead of a focus?

It appears to me that only the 20% enchanting is what matters, but the first link does say "healing 20/20 offhand" as the item you should use. I can't make sense of it.

3. Why do many builds on PvX say "melee weapon" for the +20% enchantment duration weapon? I used to be a PvP player and spears are what is used there, and even back when I still played and did speed clears many people used spears. Does having a ranged weapon equipped alter enemy behaviour? If so, does it only apply to martial weapons? I'm asking because the second link says you can use a staff (ranged after all) or sword. What is the reason behind it?

Thanks a lot!

Hello everyone,

as mentioned in the title, I am looking for a Staff Wrapping of Channeling +1/20%. If the price is good I'd be interested in purchasing several of them, since they are pretty hard to find in Kamadan.

In addition, I would also be interested in buying a lot of Major Vigor runes if the price is decent compared to what the Rune Trader currently sells them for.

IGN: Kaleya Fey

Hello everyone,

I need

5054 drunk points

9208 party points

and would therefore like to purchase enough consumables to max both of those titles. I'm fine with any decent consumable if the price is fair, but overall I'd prefer items that are cheap since I don't mind binding click to my mouse wheel and spamming away.

Thank you!

Do you mind having a look at my post in the "Selling" section to check if there are any more items in that list that could be pre-nerf? If there is an updated list then maybe I missed some.

Hello everyone,

I usually don't have people run me to places, but the trek from Beacon's Perch to Droknar's takes so long that I would really appreciate if someone who still knows the run pretty well could take one of my characters me there. It would be great if I could get two characters there (same account sadly), but one would be very nice already.

If you want I could vanquish an area for you in return, do a mission, etc.

Hello everyone,

I have the following items I believe are pre-nerf (according to this source: Info and research on prenerf greens (updated 30 May))

Could you guys please confirm which items are pre-nerf and which aren't, and give me a rough estimate on the value, as well as let me know which items (if any) would be worth auctioning? I also have no idea if customized green pre-nerf items sell at all.

Presumably pre-nerf because they have different stats:

Milthuran's Staff

Milthuran's Staff (customized)

The Stonereaper

Kephket's Refuge (customized)

Wayward Wand (Healing, req Divine Favor) (customized)

This Kaolin Protection Staff doesn't seem to have the pre-nerf stat order, but I am pretty sure I got it soon after it was introduced, which confuses me. Can someone confirm it's indeed not pre-nerf?

The following items could be pre-nerf because they have a different colour, but I am not certain. For some I couldn't even find a comparison picture of the current and pre-nerf skins. Could someone confirm?

Handsmasher

Incetol's Focus

Rago's Flame Wand (customized)

Sskai's Sword (pretty certain it's not pre-nerf)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hello everyone,

I have a lot of items lying around that I don't need anymore, and I'm putting them all up for sale here. They're mostly green items, but there are pets, some tonics, inscriptions and upgrades as well. I will make a list with all my gold items at a later point.

The most interesting items are probably a pre-nerf Milthuran's Staff and Stonereaper, so I'm going to auction these off to the person making the highest bid. They are both the standard pre-nerf colour and stats versions as confirmed by Unholy and as you can see below:

Current offer for both: 2a each by T Miles.

All the other items are post-nerf as far as I'm aware.

Let me know if you are interested in an item and we can discuss the price.

Categories and items are listed in alphabetical order.

In-game name: Kaleya Fey

Weapons:

Axes  
    Murakai's Reaver
    Totem Axe
    Bows  
    Stygian Recurve Bow
    Daggers  
    Claws of the Kinslayer
    Jarimiya's Daggers
    Hammers  
    Murakai's Maul
    Staves  
    All
    Kerrsh's Staff
    Elementalist
    Ilsundur's Staff x2
    Monk
    Divine Shadow Staff
    Kaolin Protection Staff
    Necro
    Arachni's Staff
    Fendi's Staff
    Swords
    Sskai's Sword
    Wands  
    Elementalist
    Ilsundur's Rod x2
    Shatterstone
    Zarna's Wrath
    Monk
    Deceitful Scepter
    Droknar's Healing Scepter
    Necro
    Fendi's Rod
    Mallyx's Malice
    Ritualist

Off-hands and Shields:

Off-hands
    Elementalist
    Buhon's Prism
    Ilsundur's Focus x2
    Kormab's Prism
    Straw Effigy (Air Magic)
    The Brainfreezer
    Mesmer
    Chichor's Conundrum
    Monk
    Droknar's Healing Focus
    Miella's Focus
    Necro
    Fendi's Focus x2
    Mallyx's Spite x2
    Straw Effigy (Blood Magic)
    Straw Effigy (Curses)
    Ritualist
    Droknar's Restoration Focus
    Sseer's Wish
    Shields
    Exalted Aegis x2
    Hidesplitter's Shield

Inscriptions and Upgrades:

Inscriptions
    Forget Me Not (19%)
    Brawn over Brains
    Hale and Hearty
    I have the power! x4
    Leaf on the Wind
    Seize the Day
    Sheltered by Faith x2
    Strength and Honor x5
    Through Thick and Thin
    Upgrades
    Bow
    Bow Grip of Fortitude x2
    Vampiric Bow String
    Off-Hand
    Focus Core of Aptitude
    Focus Core of Fortitude
    Scythe
    Scythe Grip of Fortitude
    Shocking Scythe Snathe
    Staff
    Halle Staff Head x2
    Insightful Staff Head
    Staff Wrapping of Defense
    Sword
    Furious Sword Hilt
    Shocking Sword Hilt
    Sundering Sword Hilt
    Sword Pommel of Defense

Miniatures and Tonics:

Miniatures
    Common
    Fungal Wallow
    Mursaat
    Raptor
    Siege Turtle x2
    Uncommon
    Charr Shaman x2
    Elf
    Freezie
    Jora
    Koss x4
    Nian
    Nornbear x2
    Oola
    Ooze x2
    Rare
    Flame Djinn
    Prince Rurik x3
    Shiro x3
    Water Djinn x2
    White Rabbit x4
    Unique
    Bone Dragon x2
    M.O.X.
    Everlasting Tonics
    Common
    Vekk
    Uncommon
    Master of Whispers
    Zhed Shadowhoof

I hope some of this stuff can be of use to others!

Thanks for the replies!

I didn't want to put dungeons in my question as well, my mistake. I meant only missions and vanquishes, so things people normally don't solo or speed clear (with exceptions).

Maybe it would then be worth it for me to bring along someone to a vanquish or mission I'll do anyway, but the issue is that I also want to cartograph, making things really slow. I guess many people wouldn't care either way since they will afk.

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know what exactly people do when they offer services (except running of course) alone. When it's groups of people offering a service they often do speed clears, but what if it's just one person? Do they just take their heroes and vanquish the areas/do the missions and dungeons casually? Do the customers mind if it isn't a speed clear?

If so, how many customers is it usually worth having in the group?

I'm specifically asking because I have several characters with ideal hero setups which I am planning to vanquish all areas with and do some missions/dungeons, and if I could take along some people and make money that would be a plus.

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I'm about to sell a few consumable items and have looked at the Kamadan chat tracker website to look at the prices. however, because it was always the same handful of people buying or selling those items, I don't trust the numbers. I've noticed that the pinned price guide from April doesn't seem to be accurate for some items anymore either.

Therefore I would like some input regarding the prices of the following consumables (ideally a min/max price range and an average):

Mystical Summoning Stone

Automaton Summoning Stone

Mercantile Summoning Stone

Ghastly Summoning Stone

Chitinous Summoning Stone

Short additional question: Red Rock Candies currently go for 2-3 ecto and blue ones for 1-2, correct?

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

I've read that this build https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Archive:T…P_Melee_Support

used to be the meta for PvE hero teams a while ago. Now there are these two builds:

https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Tea…enary_Mesmerway

https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Tea…nsive_Mesmerway

Why was the necro build retired? Mercenaries were already around when it was created, so I presume the use of a necro instead of a fourth Mesmer was intentional. Does the fact that it was replaced mean that four Mesmers are superior, meaning the second build linked above is also better than the third? Or am I misinterpreting things?

Which is currently the overall best build/the meta for hard mode PvE?

Thanks!

Thanks for the pointers!

I already have all of my characters and heroes set up with the new meta builds, so the money isn't "needed" (like most of the time in Guild Wars). It's just for items with nice skins. After reading all of the above, I will stick with my original plan and focus mainly on selling gifts each week, do quick Zaishen quests and do some Elite area speed clearing, solo farming or try the new A Chance Encounter farming.

I have one more question:

The build I'm currently using is https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:Tea…enary_Mesmerway

Is this overall the most effective meta build at the moment? I've read that until 2018 it was 2 Ritualist/Necro healers plus a BiP healer, and it was called "7 hero BIP support" on PvX I believe, but the page was deleted a while ago. Is that an outdated variation of the above Mercenary Mesmerway build and the latter is simply better, or is the dual BIP build equally good and still around?

And does the above Mesmerway build work just fine for most elite areas or should I run with two necros at least for those, one with Pain of Disenchantment (excluding for Elite areas where you need a completely different hero build, of course)?

Additional question: Since the Mesmerway build works better by far with melee heroes, is it the best to simply go Dagger Spammer build with every hero no matter if Monk, Ritualist, Elemental ist, etc?

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I just started play Guild Wars again after many years.

Right now my main concern is to make decent money with a minimal time investment since I want to get some of the new gear and make a few new characters.

As far as I can tell, the only truly worthwhile methods of making gold are selling Nicholas' gifts and doing the daily Zaishen quests on every character, then selling Zaishen coins.

First two questions:

How much do 5 Nicholas gifts sell for these days (both in ecto and in gold respectively)?

Selling Zaishen counts is indeed better than keys, correct? If so, should I sell only gold keys or is it better to keep them as bronze? And how much do they sell for (ecto and gold respectively)?

I know the price tracker website https://kamadan.gwtoolbox.com/ and have a vague idea, but would like some confirmation.

Third question:

Is there any other method that's worth the time investment? I assume speed clears can be worth it, but they are very unreliable. The only other thing I hear people mention that's still worth doing is Vaettir farming during good events.

I am also aware that you can offer to vanquish areas for people, but I'm not sure where to find players who might be interested.

Fourth question:

Is there any place in the game where you can easily sell Zaishen coins and traveler gifts, or is the only simple way these days to post on the forums?

Thank you!