Posts by cosyfiep

I do not have online banking and never will--its a stupid idea with more holes than xp! (I do my banking the old fashioned way--I visit my bank, my bankers know me and I know most of them). I dont even have a wireless network (dont believe in them either)....(heck, I dont even own a cell phone--so ....)
    as I said, I have no issues with continuing to use my good old firefox (version 5 I believe), so no worries about updating the site (and this is the only site I have issues with chrome on so I have no problems using firefox for a few things).

upgrade to a new os just so I can view a website???? seriously?! I do not like any of the newer os that are out there and wont spend a dime on them. XP was the last good os that came out and I find no reason to change from it.

It works on my firefox 4 so I will just use that instead of chrome...I dont get all the images to load but they never did, so no biggie (and it was working on chrome until about 2 days ago and then it just stopped--unless you just upgraded last week I think there is something else going on and I have the last update they did on chrome before they stopped supporting xp: Version 49.0.2623.112 m ).

"This site can’t provide a secure connection

guildwarslegacy.com uses an unsupported protocol.
    ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH"

and yeah, I tried clearing the cache--didnt seem to change anything (and yes its httpS, I tried to do it with out the S but it just redirects to S).
    firefox is working chrome is not (then again I am on an xp computer so chrome no longer updates either---).

my favorite item is not a weapon...its my kunnie...I got him when the faction pre-order debacle happened....and have had him ever since (he did some time on an alt account when all the hacking was going on, but he is now back with my rit on my main account).

Curse is to blame for the IPB forums. Guru1 was so slick and nice and then they wanted to do what they did over on Guru2. Completely different and definitely not as intuitive to use as vBulletin. I don't know much about forum software out there, but I loved Guru1 and really can't stand Guru2...

gotta agree with you there....there are big things I miss about vbulletin that are totally gone from ipb (which makes modding much more difficult as well). Just not a very well thought out forum. (there are also a very few things I dont mind not seeing anymore...but those are far outweighed by the ones I do miss).

I have no issues with cross threads, the sellers/buyers need to keep track of who bid on what and where--not me :D Guru only had a policy that you could not post a link to your other sites threads (though when auctions was running we did have a rule about posting things for sale in both---but that ended when auctions got borked).

Some sections of guru hadnt seen a new (non-spam) post in a very long time, while other sections (Q&A, Riverside) still had a small amount of traffic. I think most people were using guru as a resource since a LOT of questions had already been asked before so it was just a matter of searching (lol, the search button--another story) for a thread about what you needed. Ventari's was the major source of activity that was keeping guru alive--this we all know, with the selling part as well as the discussions about weapons et.al..
    I still believe that we need to have the option for the other areas as there are still people who have questions and now with guru gone (and even more difficult to find), those questions are going to come up again (wonder if the search is fixed now----). Currently navigating on Legacy is easier for me than 2 since it is similar to the set up and such that guru had---and could be a reason why folks would use it (I am having to learn how to basically walk again on 2--nothing is done the way it was on guru, even the infraction system is totally different--and not in a positive way imho).

and yes, all you can do it tell people there are options ....tell them what we offer here and what they can get on 2 and then they can decide where they want to do their surfing.

yes, curse will not look kindly on mentioning legacy (though I have no issues with it--you could make your character name guild wars legacy?....or something like that---though not sure how much they would frown on that as well---though they do have a part in your profile for your website---).

not a happy camper it closed as I had spent most of the last 8 years glued to it, its like losing a pet or having your best friend move to another part of the world forever. :( :cry:

guess we need an OT section so I can continue my talks with pwnd :P (oh, and I won the last post thread...gave myself a pat on the head).

as they say all good things...
    and
    only the good die young.
    guru went well before its time, and just like the morning breeze in ascalon; we will remember it fondly---

another goodbye to my friend guru.

To quote you need to click the quote button on the post you want (you can click multiple posts if desired) then scroll down to the quick reply box and click the 'quote these posts now' link above the reply box. You can also manually type in the bbcode if you prefer; it's the same as it was on guru.

ah....needed to read the tiny print in the reply area (had to get my other reading glasses on to read that :o)
    thanks marty! (getting old really is annoying)

a few insights into your thoughts.
    1 anets "customer service" is directed mostly for 2 so they dont even bother to read that it is NOT about 2.
    2 when they did the mass bans a while back those gold sellers were STILL in eye, LA, Kamadan, GToB..so they dont seem to really care as much about that as other things.

as for fighting it...just dont buy from them and tell everyone you know they are scammers? perhaps if they get a bad enough rep they will just leave.

lol....we all get to start over.
    (wooot I have 2 rep! and only ~40 posts....long hill ahead).

rep is gotten by folks rating your reply (that little thumbs up on the bottom right of your posts...next to pm and find).

perhaps they were just yanking our chains to see if we still wanted guru or not....or, their idea of july 1st is july 31st?

:D
    a chapter is ending with its closure...but a new dawn is on the horizon (ok, it is already here...pretend you are in hawaii).

will miss all the good (and bad) times on guru....nothing can quite replace it---like trying to replace a parent; just cant be done.

hello step parent! be kind to us!

I have a bit to add ....this game for which the forum was made is what in the usa call pg 13 or parental guidance suggested, and as such those who use the forums should adhere to those guidelines as well .....

also as for the use of the 'colorful' language, there really should be no need to use it at all, it serves no purpose other than to show....well, we know what it shows. I see no need for its use on a forum dedicated to a game that is for more mature audiences, but that kids might also be reading.

[font="sans-serif"]While NC Interactive may choose to monitor and take action upon inappropriate game play, chat or links to the Service, it is possible that at any time there may be language or other material accessible on or through the Service that may be inappropriate for children or offensive to some users of any age. NC Interactive cannot ensure that other players will not provide Content or access to Content that parents or guardians may find inappropriate or that any user may find objectionable. NC Interactive does not as a matter of policy pre-screen the content of the materials or communications transmitted by each player.[/font]

I believe that we should adhere to that as well. (bold mine)

as long as you can get to a place where you can add the merc there is no limitations for level (I have one merc and a bunch of low level characters who were able to add them to their group). The merc will have all the skills unlocked that your account does for that profession just like any other hero, and no skills already on their bars (like the heroes koss, dunkoro etc). They dont have any weapons or insignias/runes on their armor either.

You dont need any free slots to make a mercenary. You buy the pack from the online store (or where ever it is now) and add the key to your account. You then go to the merc register with the level 20 character you wish to 'copy'. All of your other characters on the account can now access this merc by also visiting the merc register. There is no cost ingame once you have added the key to your account. I copied my rit since the first one available isnt until the end of nightfall or going thru the norn tourney (not soo easy to do with a level 10 character!) and he is on all of my other characters list of heroes now (who got to the temple of balthazar)

saw the new osmium....do NOT like it ....I tried to view it...its wider than my screen and when I went to move to the rest of the screen---its just a big grey nothing! (even reloading the page did not change that). AND I couldnt find a way to go back (the drop down for it--was in the grey area, or just not there at all!)....er, so PASS on that one, stormcaller has my vote.

hm, roleplay? not really, but I have created histories for some of my characters.....my mesmers, while born in different countries, are all related--Mimi, the oldest was born in Tyria and like her farther (also born in Tyria) was good with a bow but very good with mesmer conjuring.....he and his wife (a canthan by birth) split before the searing and she went to live in Cantha (only finding out that she was pregnant with their 2nd child Haru after the searing happened--and no way to contact her estranged husband or child). Haru grew up with some mesmer skills, but was really took after her mom, a ritualist and trained under Master Togo. Miaka, whose father was the brother of Haru and Mimi was born and raised in Elona and keeping with the family profession took to mesmer skills with ease, but secretly she had always wanted to be a dervish--so she trained with the scythe as well as a cane....

did this for a bunch of my characters...this is why Mimi while a mesmer favors the bow, why Haru uses her rit skills, etc...I found that more fun.

as I am not really good with math...the '7 hours ago' thing just doesnt do it for me...I like to know when something was posted..so June 1, 2016 7:01 pm is easier on my old brain than trying to figure out what 7 hours ago was....(and yesterday, today doesnt work so good either...just keep it all by dates then it never has to be changed---june 1 will always be june 1 instead of yesterday or 7 hours ago...much easier :D)

(and yes I have issues with time zones as well....:()

August of 2005, I had just returned from 2 years living abroad to find my husband's attention totally taken by this game--which he then convinced me to buy and play (we can play it together, he boasted to me)....He stopped playing about 4 years ago leaving the guild he and his brother (who only played for about the first year) to me to run. He had started playing in May of 2005 after reading good reviews of the game, though he stopped not too long after eye came out playing on a regular basis.

Welcome to all our friends and fellow GuildWars players!

Just to let you know, there are still rules for posting in the Xunlai market (you can find them by clicking on 'The Xunlai Market' at the top of this forum), and these WILL be enforced!! :exclamation:

BUT since we are just getting our bearings here, I will allow folks to have a bit of time to get accustomed to them (yeah, they are the same rules that anyone who posted on guru will know and remember...and hate as well). And yes, I am the same person who will ban your butt if you violate them.

and finally
    BUT
    if you flagrantly abuse them, I will enforce them! (I still have my ban hammer and its all ready to go).