Posts by IndoorCropCircles

I played GW2 from the open beta thingy up to just after HoT release for a total of about 1500 hours before I stopped denying the truth. GW2 is just a different game. I got to the point where I was just grinding the Silverwastes map meta and the chest runs afterward and I logged in one day and just stared at the screen. I never went back.

Guild Wars 1 has a very unique enchanting vibe that's really difficult to put into words. It just works. For the most part the skill and attribute system and combat skill set are pretty flawless and smooth but the learning curve is endless. I love the build crafting in this game. It literally never ends. The storylines are engaging and unpredictable for new players. Each tiny bit of forward progress leaves you thirsting for more.

Guild Wars 2 was fun at the beginning because it was shiny and new, although I noticed there were a lot of distractions and it just didn't feel intuitive at all. The storylines felt forced. I think Anet made a mistake trying to fit the story to their preconceived notions of the future Tyrian universe. It just doesn't work very well. My pet peeve with the skill and combat system is the way over the top skill animations and the resulting clusterfuch when many players are involved. it's just totally too much.

I came back to GW1 and I'm very content with what it has to offer, despite it's age. I just wish Anet would budget some love for it.